Transfer Portal watch

Sometimes, when people say, "There's a lot of work to do," they're being falsely modest. Or sometimes, they don't really intend to do all the work. With Mario, he tells us that every few days; and in between, he's actually doing the work.

Portal recruiting is just a part of it. I'm sure he likes his players, but we were 7-5 last year, and that's nowhere near what Mario has in mind for this program. So he hits the portal like he does everything else ("How you do anything is how you do everything."). It's no offense to the guys we have, but I don't think Mario has any intention of tolerating the type of mediocrity to which some of us became resigned, even during a rebuild.

Advertisement

***** it, give me both these 5 stars lol

Reaction GIF

Ruiz needs to break open that lifewallet money right effing now.

**** y’all move really fast or I’m just super behind. Lol. I didn’t know about Mims until this morning. But my frat brother just informed that Mims will be transferring to either FSU or Miami. And a decision could be made by the end of next week.

FSU wow that would suck

Advertisement
Why don’t you open YOUR wallet?

What’s your contribution to the rebuild?

Oddly aggressive. Bad day at the office? But, I do give what little I can, where I can. I'm also not worth an estimated 23 billion like Mr. Ruiz (assuming his deal goes through). I'm sure you're donating millions, but alas I'm not in that position.

**** y’all move really fast or I’m just super behind. Lol. I didn’t know about Mims until this morning. But my frat brother just informed that Mims will be transferring to either FSU or Miami. And a decision could be made by the end of next week.
My frat brother said it was down to UM and MSU. He doesn’t know Mims, or have any connection to him, but the dude is usually spot on when he wildly speculates. What frat you in btw?

Advertisement
The amount of talent just starting to jump in the portal is exactly why we shouldn’t be taking the UCLA LB and Jacksonville St. DE right now.
That’s why I was Saying that in that other thread with Coleman. **** going to materialize as spring comes to the end with more talented jumping into the portal.

That’s why I was Saying that in that other thread with Coleman. **** going to materialize as spring comes to the end with more talented jumping into the portal.
I don't understand this thinking and the post you quoted at all. Like telling the Dolphins not to sign Cedric Wilson because what if Tyreek Hill becomes available. You sign Wilson, and you can still get Hill. Michigan State took 4 CBs last year and 3 LBs in the portal. We aint talking QB. Sign multiple guys at positions of need even if they're not stars. With super seniors you can hand out about 90 scholarships this year and we worried about space? And no impact player is gonna be turned off by the Miami depth chart unless he plays RB, QB or S.

Advertisement
I don't understand this thinking and the post you quoted at all. Like telling the Dolphins not to sign Cedric Wilson because what if Tyreek Hill becomes available. You sign Wilson, and you can still get Hill. Michigan State took 4 CBs last year and 3 LBs in the portal. We aint talking QB. Sign multiple guys at positions of need even if they're not stars. With super seniors you can hand out about 90 scholarships this year and we worried about space? And no impact player is gonna be turned off by the Miami depth chart unless he plays RB, QB or S.
Miami can’t just get every transfer, the numbers won’t work out, don’t just fill up with any transfer early on when there will be even MORE quality gets later in the coming months ala mims, mesidor etc. it’s a pretty simple concept

Advertisement
Miami can’t just get every transfer, the numbers won’t work out, don’t just fill up with any transfer early on when there will be even MORE quality gets later in the coming months ala mims, mesidor etc. it’s a pretty simple concept
You're right they can't just get every transfer. So this thinking that don't take this guy who wants in because of a hypothetical that might not happen is another reason to take guys they think can play when they can. Your concept is letting capable players go elsewhere in the hope that some star will fall into our laps. You'd recruit the portal like Rumph recruited CBs. The mid-tier/bottom of the roster is lacking capable/experienced bodies. Raising the floor of this roster is about as important as raising the ceiling.

Mesidor has an ex teammate and assistant coach down at Miami. That's pretty fortunate for us. It could just as easily have played out where that worked out in another school's favor. It's April 10th and we're heading to the third weekend for spring games. Miami is gonna have a pretty clear idea of who they may or may not be able to get. Georgia people are saying Mims and Miami was a thing long before he officially jumped in. It didn't come out of nowhere. If they take a guy you deem mid it won't be at the expense of some potential star.

Go tell that to TS who practiced through multiple injuries. One injury that should’ve had him out for the year. It’s crazy he only missed a handful of practices. Btw him and Rambo were lined up over each other daily and battled. 1 Vs 1
Speaking of our players playing injured, I thought Vinny was getting his walking papers…

Advertisement
Back