Transfer Portal watch

Gattis made it clear during that podcast interview that he was excited about the number of offensive talent he has to scheme with and he didn’t see this team as a complete rebuild bc of the weapons at WR TE and RB. He named all of the usual suspects at WR. No way can somebody look at X, Brashard Smith, Keyshawn, George, and Brinson and say meh we don’t have enough talent at WR?? 🧢

Advertisement
Gattis made it clear during that podcast interview that he was excited about the number of offensive talent he has to scheme with and he didn’t see this team as a complete rebuild bc of the weapons at WR TE and RB. He named all of the usual suspects at WR. No way can somebody look at X, Brashard Smith, Keyshawn, George, and Brinson and say meh we don’t have enough talent at WR?? 🧢
Even if he didn’t, you think he would publicly say it?

Here’s two facts: 1) The coaches like the talent on the team & think they can work with them
2) They’re actively recruiting the Portal heavy for prospects at every position except for QB, RB & TE

Two things can be true at the same time; yall have to get out of the mindset that adding talent means that everyone already on the team sucks, but it does mean the staff wants to get better & feels as though that if they can find someone who can help immediately that they’re going to make a run at them.

This applies to multiple position groups & it’s the smart way teams are handling the Portal.

Bama added a RB & WR from the Portal this offseason, does anybody think Bama actually needs RB’s & WR’s? Lol

Screenshot_20220410-153948_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
I’m not saying that UCLA is not good but I think we should wait. I truly believe some big LB names will hit the portal . We should’ve jumped on moody from bama when he hit the portal
We’re taking 2 so I‘m too worried about if bigger names join. If they feel he can make an impact don‘t count your chickens before they hatch and take him.

Advertisement
Go tell that to TS who practiced through multiple injuries. One injury that should’ve had him out for the year. It’s crazy he only missed a handful of practices. Btw him and Rambo were lined up over each other daily and battled. 1 Vs 1
That proves my point.

Rambo and Harley practiced against a thin and injured CB group and still put up numbers.

Which proves that’s you can practice against less than and still be better than.

Here’s two facts: 1) The coaches like the talent on the team & think they can work with them
2) They’re actively recruiting the Portal heavy for prospects at every position except for QB, RB & TE

Two things can be true at the same time; yall have to get out of the mindset that adding talent means that everyone already on the team sucks, but it does mean the staff wants to get better & feels as though that if they can find someone who can help immediately that they’re going to make a run at them.

This applies to multiple position groups & it’s the smart way teams are handling the Portal.

Bama added a RB & WR from the Portal this offseason, does anybody think Bama actually needs RB’s & WR’s? Lol
Bro look at who you’re responding to. He probably runs in the middle of the street screaming about how Sam Bruce is his baby daddy.

Advertisement
I’m not saying that UCLA is not good but I think we should wait. I truly believe some big LB names will hit the portal . We should’ve jumped on moody from bama when he hit the portal
Personally feel we grab this kid and if someone better comes through, grab them as well. Kid is better than we have and we just can’t count that someone better will materialize for the simple reason that we are just deficient at MLB, we aren’t function at our current state.

Advertisement
Based off of your comments, apparently our position groups are all stacked with elite talent and we have no need for transfers. You’d think we competed for a national championship last year.

That’s true I just don’t see the WR position being an obvious whole compared to Dline LBer Oline CB. If we find another Rambo then great but I dont believe it’s going to happen. I would rather see if one or two of the WRs we already have will step up by fall camp then get another WR transfer that can’t separate from the pack.

Advertisement
Back