Not quite a decade. September 2023 depth chart:
  • LT – Ereck Flowers, Seantrel Henderson
  • LG – Jon Feliciano, Malcolm Bunche
  • C – Jared Wheeler OR Shane McDermott
  • RG – Brandon Linder, Alex Gall
  • RT – Seantrel Henderson, Taylor Gadbois
2023?

Advertisement
**** y’all move really fast or I’m just super behind. Lol. I didn’t know about Mims until this morning. But my frat brother just informed that Mims will be transferring to either FSU or Miami. And a decision could be made by the end of next week.

Which had trouble getting separation this spring , that’s concerning when your number one cb was probably ivey. Take that as you will. I’m not taking much from spring because all the moving pieces and people missing. But that’s one area that’s concerning. We have a few solid guys and getting Brinson back will be huge but I’d feel a lot better if we had an older , more proven guy to take some pressure off a inexperienced group. A consistent , reliable guy outside.
- Tecory has been the number one all spring.
- Dunson the best jammer (yes we jam now)
- Al is the most physical which matters since we jam

It’s not supposed to be easy getting separation when you jam.

But X and Worsham have been cooking in it.

George’s game isn’t separation, he’s more of a Juju that wins with technique and hands.

I agree separation is way different for us with this scheme.

I just give credit to the WRs still improving despite a completely uncomfortable transition - regardless of who the CBS are.

This is how I feel about Mims right now….I’ll likely be wrong but we are just assuming this kid is already here. He’s going to immediately get offered by likely 18 of the top 25 programs in the country the second his name is in the portal.
I think it’s been said that the majority of these portal kids know where they are going already as soon as they hit the portal. Very little guess work. Maybe they will visit a few schools for due diligence but the target is already pretty much set. Maybe Mims isn’t in the bag completely but we are in the thick of it. He’s not announcing a top 10..then a top 5 likes he’s a HS recruit.

Which had trouble getting separation this spring , that’s concerning when your number one cb was probably ivey. Take that as you will. I’m not taking much from spring because all the moving pieces and people missing. But that’s one area that’s concerning. We have a few solid guys and getting Brinson back will be huge but I’d feel a lot better if we had an older , more proven guy to take some pressure off a inexperienced group. A consistent , reliable guy outside.
Do you believe speed is a problem? Or is it a talent issue? I ask that because Restrepo, a slot, is the name that I hear consistently outside of George, and he gets the "inconsistent" tag lol. Reports from other camps regarding receivers are usually a combination of how fast, physically imposing, making insane catches, "top receiver by far", etc.

Advertisement
- Tecory has been the number one all spring.
- Dunson the best jammer (yes we jam now)
- Al is the most physical which matters since we jam

It’s not supposed to be easy getting separation when you jam.

But X and Worsham have been cooking in it.

George’s game isn’t separation, he’s more of a Juju that wins with technique and hands.

I agree separation is way different for us with this scheme.

I just give credit to the WRs still improving despite a completely uncomfortable transition - regardless of who the CBS are.
Couch is a inside guy. Dunson and Ivey outside. Blades has been really nice to see, playing nickel and some safety. A nice surprise. The cb’s are playing better now that it’s more man and press.

As for the receivers I’m not bashing , it’s a solid group that still has a lot of question marks. Consistency has been a issue. None of these guys have ever been the man or even close to that level. It’s a big drop off from Rambo last year to now. That’s my point. JG, X, KS , BS , RB is a solid / pretty good group but as I keep saying we need a dude.

Last edited:

1649610993530.gif

Advertisement
I've been critical of coaches misusing Scaife. But, respectfully, I think he's a very valuable member of the team. He's a quality guard and a decent tackle too. But he's not dominant, at least he hasn't been to date. His best spot is Center, I think. Would like to see him as the starter over Clark there, tbh.

Can't disagree with that.

Advertisement
Rambo and Harley put up numbers last year practicing against ghosts all year since the defense barely practiced. Miss me with that.
Go tell that to TS who practiced through multiple injuries. One injury that should’ve had him out for the year. It’s crazy he only missed a handful of practices. Btw him and Rambo were lined up over each other daily and battled. 1 Vs 1

You’re buying a little too high on the WR’s as of right now...

This offense will be much different than last year’s.
I’m not saying these receivers will do what Harley and Rambo did.

Not what I’m doing.

What I AM doing is saying we can’t assume that our WRs will be mid based SOLELY off what they are practicing against.

That’s all.

Advertisement
You’re buying a little too high on the WR’s as of right now...

This offense will be much different than last year’s.

@Liberty City El Should we be worried about the 3 amigos? I got Richard vibes from Brinson, and thought both Smith and George were electric coming out of high school. Then they performed relatively well when they saw action last season for true freshmen. I've been hopeful they'd break out this off season.

@Liberty City El Should we be worried about the 3 amigos? I got Richard vibes from Brinson, and thought both Smith and George were electric coming out of high school. Then they performed relatively well when they saw action last season for true freshmen. I've been hopeful they'd break out this off season.
No, they’re all talented & will do well.

What I’m saying is don’t expect the same kind of offense that had high volume targets.

Advertisement
Back