Transfer Portal watch

Nah, not anymore. Kids don't have to sit out a whole year anymore, so it's probably in a school's best interest to just release a kid from an LOI without burning an IC.

Kids who enrolled in January can enter the Portal now and be enrolled somewhere else in June and playing somewhere else in August. As for February signees, not sure what you think is to be gained by enrolling someone who is ALREADY unhappy enough to transfer. You lose the IC if the kid bounces 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month after enrolling.
Wait, so basically signing day doesn't really matter? I kid can just leave if they do it before they enroll?

Advertisement
Wait, so basically signing day doesn't really matter? I kid can just leave if they do it before they enroll?

No, that's not what I said. Kids (in any decade) can always ask to be released from the LOI. In the past, schools have just said no, but the newer rules (easy transfers, no 1-year sit-out, the rise of the Portal, and the impact of IC rules) might be leading schools to be more generous with letting a kid out of an LOI.

Who knows what the future will bring. Right now, P5 schools are signing 80-90% of their HS kids in December. If they enroll in January, they could be hitting the Portal as early as February. So, in that regard, yes, Signing Day really doesn't matter anymore. Now, I'm not predicting that huge numbers of kids will leave after 1 month, but there's nothing stopping them from doing so, as long as the school they want to transfer to has an IC to use.

The February signees, who now constitute the vast minority of a signing class...well, that's to be determined. We will see whether schools want to play LOI/IC "chicken".

Advertisement
Advertisement

****, he had just visited Mizzou & all signs were pointing to him signing with them.

That’s a big win for LSU, I still think Denbrock’s offense limits how far they can go, but with the potential weapons he’ll have around him LSU can be a tough out in the West with Daniels at the helm. Jayden has better arm talent than Desmond Ridder & LSU still has a good RB group with Corey Kiner, Josh Williams & they added Noah Cain from PSU in the Portal.

The biggest question mark for LSU this year will be can they replace all the firepower they lost at WR.

But with the Portal moves Ole Miss, LSU & Arkansas made this offseason, Jumbo is about feel some major heat in TAMU this year if they don’t win, that division is getting stronger & stronger.

****, he had just visited Mizzou & all signs were pointing to him signing with them.

That’s a big win for LSU, I still think Denbrock’s offense limits how far they can go, but with the potential weapons he’ll have around him LSU can be a tough out in the West with Daniels at the helm. Jayden has better arm talent than Desmond Ridder & LSU still has a good RB group with Corey Kiner, Josh Williams & they added Noah Cain from PSU in the Portal.

The biggest question mark for LSU this year will be can they replace all the firepower they lost at WR.

But with the Portal moves Ole Miss, LSU & Arkansas made this offseason, Jumbo is about feel some major heat in TAMU this year if they don’t win, that division is getting stronger & stronger.

Kelly is a bad fit for LSU. But he's not chopped liver. I hate the Domers as much as any Miami fan. But you have to acknowledge Kelly had an overall pretty good run there He will get in his punches in at LSU before he ultimately fails. Hope he takes Jimbo down with him. I despise that fraud.

Kelly is a bad fit for LSU. But he's not chopped liver. I hate the Domers as much as any Miami fan. But you have to acknowledge Kelly had an overall pretty good run there He will get in his punches in at LSU before he ultimately fails. Hope he takes Jimbo down with him. I despise that fraud.

If he wins, it's a good fit. If he loses, it won't be.

I can't stand anything about that **** school he coached for. Still, game recognizes game and I have to acknowledge that he did a **** good job there. In today's environment, that school is tougher to recruit at than most and has a real higher entrance standard than all but a few. They also don't get into the pay to play shenanigans that were present prior to NIL.

He's now got a school behind him that's win at all cost. They don't like playing second fiddle to anyone. If he can clean up in that state, grab the rest from wherever, he'll do fine. Solid coach for certain no matter how I feel about him.

Advertisement
If he wins, it's a good fit. If he loses, it won't be.

I can't stand anything about that **** school he coached for. Still, game recognizes game and I have to acknowledge that he did a **** good job there. In today's environment, that school is tougher to recruit at than most and has a real higher entrance standard than all but a few. They also don't get into the pay to play shenanigans that were present prior to NIL.

He's now got a school behind him that's win at all cost. They don't like playing second fiddle to anyone. If he can clean up in that state, grab the rest from wherever, he'll do fine. Solid coach for certain no matter how I feel about him.
It remains to be seen whether or not he will win there but I sure as **** would not gamble against him. He is a good coach and now will have access to even better talent. I think he ends up bringing an MNC back to Baton Rouge as long as the boosters keep opening up their wallets.

Advertisement
Why do people think Kelly is a bad fit for LSU? Because he tried that fake southern accent at the bball game?

GA, it's probably just me. I have a hard time seeing him go from recruiting at all the private catholic schools across the country to having to go into the inner city public schools and relating to those kids and their parents. But I acknowledge he's a **** good football mind overall (still can't believe Manny outwitted him in that one game), and will get bankrolled by the LSU alumni base. Time will tell. I think recruiting and relating to his players will be a problem though.

GA, it's probably just me. I have a hard time seeing him go from recruiting at all the private catholic schools across the country to having to go into the inner city public schools and relating to those kids and their parents. But I acknowledge he's a **** good football mind overall (still can't believe Manny outwitted him in that one game), and will get bankrolled by the LSU alumni base. Time will tell. I think recruiting and relating to his players will be a problem though.
That game was a perfect example of when having no respect for your opponent bit him in the ***. We had a very good DL but he thought that with his OL he could just run these slow developing plays and we fvcked them up.

Advertisement
Back