Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Am I misremembering or didn’t some of the better portal kids stay quiet about their transfer up until May because they were finishing up their degrees? I ask because I’m wondering if Mario already knows who he wants and those kids haven’t hit the portal yet. Just speculation.
From what I have read in various sites quite a few players from other programs have contacted UM and expressed interest in flipping ... quality players. Some with 1-3 years of eligibility remaining ... and apparently a couple who just signed their LOI as recently as December / January and would like to flip to Miami. Have read comments mentioning .. "dominant RT", "NFL 1st round potential LB" and other comments. Would love to be a fly on the wall in the office of the Transfer Portal Analyst that is putting together his "available / potentially available" list ... matched up with Miami's list of NEEDS by position. You know there ARE key targets at LB, OL, DT, DB and WR. Guys that will either be the starter or definitely in the 2 deep. Exciting times.

Advertisement
Am I misremembering or didn’t some of the better portal kids stay quiet about their transfer up until May because they were finishing up their degrees? I ask because I’m wondering if Mario already knows who he wants and those kids haven’t hit the portal yet. Just speculation.

Yes.

Supposedly, this is what happens. If you got financial aid that pays your scholarship/books/housing, that gets paid at the beginning of the semester. But any additional funding that covers living expenses, etc. (and there has been an expansion of this in the last few years), gets terminated when you enter the Portal. And don't even get me started on NIL money.

So at this point, when all other schools have started the spring semester already, it's just better to wait until May, both academically and financially.

Yes. Once the semesters start wrapping up, going to be a ton of movement (most of which is all pre-planned). This is basically the 2nd wave, the 1st being right after the season.

Advertisement
From what I have read in various sites quite a few players from other programs have contacted UM and expressed interest in flipping ... quality players. Some with 1-3 years of eligibility remaining ... and apparently a couple who just signed their LOI as recently as December / January and would like to flip to Miami. Have read comments mentioning .. "dominant RT", "NFL 1st round potential LB" and other comments. Would love to be a fly on the wall in the office of the Transfer Portal Analyst that is putting together his "available / potentially available" list ... matched up with Miami's list of NEEDS by position. You know there ARE key targets at LB, OL, DT, DB and WR. Guys that will either be the starter or definitely in the 2 deep to change

From what I have read in various sites quite a few players from other programs have contacted UM and expressed interest in flipping ... quality players. Some with 1-3 years of eligibility remaining ... and apparently a couple who just signed their LOI as recently as December / January and would like to flip to Miami. Have read comments mentioning .. "dominant RT", "NFL 1st round potential LB" and other comments. Would love to be a fly on the wall in the office of the Transfer Portal Analyst that is putting together his "available / potentially available" list ... matched up with Miami's list of NEEDS by position. You know there ARE key targets at LB, OL, DT, DB and WR. Guys that will either be the starter or definitely in the 2 deep to change
Any or all of those additions please. would be massive for us

Advertisement
Listen to the Miami Flo podcast today. The dude said that the LB we're back channeling with is a 1 and done 1st rounder and is better than Justin Flowe. I've heard Joness name alot but I dnt think he's a 1st rounder, so I have no idea who this mystery LB is.

Btw I would love Jones, he can play.
Listen to the Miami Flo podcast today. The dude said that the LB we're back channeling with is a 1 and done 1st rounder and is better than Justin Flowe. I've heard Joness name alot but I dnt think he's a 1st rounder, so I have no idea who this mystery LB is.

Btw I would love Jones, he can play.
Could it be the IMG kid a UGA? His younger cousin decommitted from UGA out of the blue. Sorey
Could it be the IMG kid a UGA? His younger cousin decommitted from UGA out of the blue. Sorey

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oregon CB Jaylin Davies has hit the portal 6'1 and played at Mater Dei in Cali. Was a 4 star coming out of high school and wondering if Mario is interested since he recruited him to Oregon.

Advertisement
Back