Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
He can tackle ? Well, that's good enough after the abomination we saw on D last year.

Decided to check him out and selected WVU's worst game where they got beaten up by Baylor. Despite the situation, Chandler was sound manning the middle, especially against the run. He reminds me of Shaq in that he's a very smart player who QBs the defense, He seems to have a lower center of gravity than Shaq, not as fast but good balance. He'll be a liability in coverage, but he's going to be light years better than what we have.

Porter got beat a couple times in that game, too. He had a PBU and defended his territory well overall but he's a step down from Stevenson. Again, it was their worst game of the year. But I want to be balanced and say that while they are big steps up versus what we saw last year at Miami, they are not championship level. Both are late round or UFA types to me based on that limited sample, though of course Porter has a three more years to develop whereas Chandler-Semedo is one and done.

Decided to check him out and selected WVU's worst game where they got beaten up by Baylor. Despite the situation, Chandler was sound manning the middle, especially against the run. He reminds me of Shaq in that he's a very smart player who QBs the defense, He seems to have a lower center of gravity than Shaq, not as fast but good balance. He'll be a liability in coverage, but he's going to be light years better than what we have.

Porter got beat a couple times in that game, too. He had a PBU and defended his territory well overall but he's a step down from Stevenson. Again, it was their worst game of the year. But I want to be balanced and say that while they are big steps up versus what we saw last year at Miami, they are not championship level. Both are late round or UFA types to me based on that limited sample, though of course Porter has a three more years to develop whereas Chandler-Semedo is one and done.
Not as fast as Shaq is not something you read everyday. I'll take instincts over speed.

That’s about what I was told. Good player in the box and makes plays in the run game. So-so I’m coverage but most MLB are. If he can play around a Shaq level, it’s a good upgrade from the past few years. 110 tackles in the Big 12 is impressive. I’d think he’s capable of being a mid round pick with a good SR year at Miami.

Advertisement
Not as fast as Shaq is not something you read everyday. I'll take instincts over speed.

It was only one game. But I'd stack him after Shaq and ahead of Flagg in terms of speed (and a lot faster than Jennings). Don't expect him to chase down a slot WR. But he's also super productive and really stout in the run game.

A definite take that could make the difference against Pitt, UNC and UVA. And if Cave is battling him for snaps by those games, we will be extremely happy.

It was only one game. But I'd stack him after Shaq and ahead of Flagg in terms of speed (and a lot faster than Jennings). Don't expect him to chase down a slot WR. But he's also super productive and really stout in the run game.

A definite take that could make the difference against Pitt, UNC and UVA. And if Cave is battling him for snaps by those games, we will be extremely happy.
I'd highly like not to see our MLBs guarding slots this yr. That may have the worst of all Mannyisms.

That assessment is ok with me tbh. They'll be solid reinforcements until MC can bring what should be an elite 2023 recruiting class to town.

That assessment is ok with me tbh. They'll be solid reinforcements until MC can bring what should be an elite 2023 recruiting class to town.
I really like the fact that Chandler would be a 1 year rental. Chandler and Mikel Jones would be ideal stop gaps. Let Wes, TAC, and the Smiths develop.

Advertisement
In the past 2 weeks I have heard 6 LB transfer names, Jones and Chandler are 2 of them. Chandler is the only 1 in the portal. I heard several name's at a couple positions before the Spring semester that never entered the portal. I don't put much into names anymore until they hit the portal. I hope we can do better than Chandler, but I would take him over nothing. I am not big on Porter, but I am glad we got him rather than nothing. I still want another CB and more.

Jayden Daniels is most likely heading to Mizzou.

Deion Smith was supposed to be going back home to Ole Miss, but Idk what happened with that.

Mathis is signed sealed & delivered to Texas because Gary Patterson is over there now.

Chandler would be a great add to our LB corps, we’ll see how that goes, I could also see him going to Cincinnati too.

And I don’t see too many P5 schools wanting an overrated bust like JT Daniels, he should go back to the West coast to a G5 like SD ST or Nevada.

For what it’s worth, I’ve heard Mizzu was in the mix
For JT Daniels before the Jayden went to the portal. There’s been fake reports saying Jayden committed to mizzu as well.

I agree with most of what you said....I will say the Shaq game speed comparison "could be" a little off ... both are on the slow side in space Josh is a little better in coverage tho imo....he played in a junk D with multiple looks in a pass happy league.. often caught guarding fast guys in space which is bad for any mlb ....not to mention Baylor has a track team full of receivers...I blame his DC for having him responsible for a sfla speedster like Thornton in space ...watched 5 WVU games Baylor was his worse game in coverage...

We both agree Chandler would be an upgrade over what we have (proven) on the roster .... he was named big 12 honorable mention by the conference and PFF....2nd team by PFN... top portal player available by on3.... that should be enough for any Miami fan to want him...I doubt there will be a LB in the portal after spring with those accomplishments....

Advertisement

This is the guy i want. He is not in the portal but there are rumblings. And he is from Hileah. Also it was interesting to note. 247 had him as a 88 point 3 star, Rivals had him as a 4 star. Think he proved to be a 4 star. This should have been one we got outa IMG considering where he is from. More evidence of the total incompetence recruiting LBs that's been here.

This is the guy i want. He is not in the portal but there are rumblings. And he is from Hileah. Also it was interesting to note. 247 had him as a 88 point 3 star, Rivals had him as a 4 star. Think he proved to be a 4 star. This should have been one we got outa IMG considering where he is from. More evidence of the total incompetence recruiting LBs that's been here.

He also had some solid testing numbers in HS, think his Shuttle and Vert were solid from what I remember

Screenshot_20220228-095412_Chrome~2.jpg

Advertisement
Back