Transfer Portal watch

ENOCK MAKONZO​

Take on the name alone.

*Reads article info tidbit*

LB hybrid excels against the run?????
Someone get Ruiz on the hotline for this kid.

Where did you get "LB hybrid" from?

Brewster's take: "Makonzo is a hybrid safety that that excels against the run as a sure tackler for Coastal over the past two seasons. He can cover and make plays in space which make him a player with a scheme-friendly skillset."

I'm not saying NOT to take the guy, but he sounds like another "striker", when we need a middle linebacker.

Advertisement
Where did you get "LB hybrid" from?
It says "2. ENOCK MAKONZO, LB (89)" right at the very beginning.

But yes, we seem to have a lot of those at the striker or star or whatever it will be called here.
Just excited to see someone available who is strong against the run.

It says "2. ENOCK MAKONZO, LB (89)" right at the very beginning.

But yes, we seem to have a lot of those at the striker or star or whatever it will be called here.
Just excited to see someone available who is strong against the run.

I'm not arguing, but the word "hybrid" came from the part that I quoted.

Bottom line, if he is a guy who WAS a safety, I'm not sure that's the body-type that Steele/Strong are looking for in the Portal. High school, maybe. Portal, not so much.

Advertisement
Bruh, these mfs have taken like 7 transfer WRs. Wtf is going on up there lol
A lot of teams this offseason took multiple WR’s...

Coaches aren’t waiting on the development of young untapped talent, they want the sure thing, because it gives your more flexibility with your offense when you have a group of vets that you know can produce while simultaneously bringing along the young guys who can be filtrated into the offense as the season progresses.

The Portal & NIL has expedited the process, coaches know they don’t have time to wait & have to win now, espeically when there’s available commodities for acquisition that can help your team right away.

It’s actually a smart strategy; buy high on experienced vets & allow your underclassmen time to maturate, rather than forcing them into situations they’ve never been in & not knowing how they’ll respond in intense pressure moments.

Most teams play tough OOC games early in their schedule anyway, so you’d rather go to war with guys who have done it before where you know what you’re getting vs going in blind with young players who have never had to make a play vs a tough OOC team in a big moment.

Advertisement
A lot of teams this offseason took multiple WR’s...

Coaches aren’t waiting on the development of young untapped talent, they want the sure thing, because it gives your more flexibility with your offense when you have a group of vets that you know can produce while simultaneously bringing along the young guys who can be filtrated into the offense as the season progresses.

The Portal & NIL has expedited the process, coaches know they don’t have time to wait & have to win now, espeically when there’s available commodities for acquisition that can help your team right away.

It’s actually a smart strategy; buy high on experienced vets & allow your underclassmen time to maturate, rather than forcing them into situations they’ve never been in & not knowing how they’ll respond in intense pressure moments.

Most teams play tough OOC games early in their schedule anyway, so you’d rather go to war with guys who have done it before where you know what you’re getting vs going in blind with young players who have never had to make a play vs a tough OOC team in a big moment.
And we needed them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not from Medley but grew up in Hialeah. I believe your characterization of Medley is correct...lol

People definitely live there, at least true during 1970s as they had an Optimist football team. Not sure who they played because I played Hialeah Optimist and never encountered that team.

Advertisement
Back