Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Screenshot_2022-05-18-10-16-05-24_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Interesting

Advertisement
Just throwing this out there.... why do I keep seeing list that dont have Darrell Jackson as a starter? From the way this site went nuclear over his commitment I assumed it was a serious upgrade. Doesnt seem like anyone else thinks so. JHH has shown flashes, but flashes, we still talking about starting dudes that only flash? I want DTs who they cant keep out of the game because when you put them on the sideline its dangerous for our own QBs.

Just throwing this out there.... why do I keep seeing list that dont have Darrell Jackson as a starter? From the way this site went nuclear over his commitment I assumed it was a serious upgrade. Doesnt seem like anyone else thinks so. JHH has shown flashes, but flashes, we still talking about starting dudes that only flash? I want DTs who they cant keep out of the game because when you put them on the sideline its dangerous for our own QBs.
Nobody knows the starters, Tvd and a handful of others are the only guys assured of starting spots

Last edited:
Advertisement
There’s a great solution:

-Transfer & u have to sit out a yr.
-The only mitigating circumstance should be if your coach up & leave for a new gig.

Even in the pros, players under contract (NLI) are not hopping around like hopscotch. If a player is under contract & they want to move on, a trade happens between the former team & new team destination.

Of course that’s not going to happen at the collegiate level; so, if a kid signs a NLI to be at a school for the duration of either their academic or athletic career, then decides to go elsewhere before said “commitment” is fulfilled, then imo they need to sit for a yr (again, unless a coach up & leaves or they r a grad transfer).

But this Wild, Wild West ish is for the birds & needs some semblance
I think a lot of people like this idea, but the concern is that the NCAA does not have the legal right to do this - that it would be seen as potentially limiting a students ability to earn money (which is why we have what we have with NIL).

When arguing about the earnings, they would likely also point out that coaches dont have to sit out a year and that even when the restrictions were in place, it only applied to 4 of the <however many sports there are> in the NCAA.

Also, a team doesnt have to guarantee a player his scholarship for more than a year, so why can't they leave? (Perhaps something can be done here to negotiate).

I am not disagreeing with you that it would be better for the sport, rather just that I don't know if they would actually be able to do it w/o being taken to court and likely losing.

I think a lot of people like this idea, but the concern is that the NCAA does not have the legal right to do this - that it would be seen as potentially limiting a students ability to earn money (which is why we have what we have with NIL).

When arguing about the earnings, they would likely also point out that coaches dont have to sit out a year and that even when the restrictions were in place, it only applied to 4 of the <however many sports there are> in the NCAA.

Also, a team doesnt have to guarantee a player his scholarship for more than a year, so why can't they leave? (Perhaps something can be done here to negotiate).

I am not disagreeing with you that it would be better for the sport, rather just that I don't know if they would actually be able to do it w/o being taken to court and likely losing.

I think there could be ways to protect the NIL aspect (remember it’s not supposed to be “pay-to-play”) regarding transferring. Also, the latter part is something that I agree w/. That’s something that could & should be worked out.

I think there could be ways to protect the NIL aspect (remember it’s not supposed to be “pay-to-play”) regarding transferring. Also, the latter part is something that I agree w/. That’s something that could & should be worked out.
I hear you, but it is questionable if the NCAA would even be able to legally enforce that if they decided to try. Unless the players form a union and sign a CBA or the schools make the players employees (the schools very much do not want this); it is going to be very difficult for them to reign this in.

Hopefully I am wrong or someone can come up with something else, but right now there doesn't seem to be a good idea that they would likely be able to implement.

Advertisement

Yes but coaches do have contracts and buyout clauses that must be paid.
NIL is not legally tied to pay for play and would be allowed to continue during transfer. Scholarships would also be allowed during the sit out year. There is no limitation on monetary compensation.

No sports league in the world allows free movement at anytime and to the highest bidder.

Advertisement
Yes but coaches do have contracts and buyout clauses that must be paid.
NIL is not legally tied to pay for play and would be allowed to continue during transfer. Scholarships would also be allowed during the sit out year. There is no limitation on monetary compensation.

No sports league in the world allows free movement at anytime and to the highest bidder.
Most sports leagues (at least in the US) have some type of agreement with the players and more importantly, they are employees.

Advertisement
Back