Transfer Portal watch

You can easily do both so i disagree with this line of thinking.

Not really. There are is a limited number of scholarships, so coaches have to assess whether a spot is better filled by someone from high school or someone from the transfer portal. Generally speaking, someone from high school is going to have more eligibility than someone from the portal, so I would suspect that most coaches would prefer (all else being equal) to fill spots with kids from high school. If Mario thinks we have a good shot of doing that, then he's not going to prematurely fill those spots with kids from the portal.

Advertisement
Miami is going to be fine in the portal. Not just this year either.
Happy Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

the lack of success in portal is a bit puzzling. There have seen some truly talented kids in the sea of shlt that is loaded in the portal.

we desperately need another starting caliber guy on the Dline and LB at minimum.
I think not having both coordinators and a lot of position coaches hurts with the transfer market more than high school. These guys are already leaving a school (and using their 1 free transfer pass) because for some reason things didnt work out as expected. Time is running out for some and Im sure they want this to be the last stop. Scheme fit, knowing how they will be used and what the expectations are for them to contribute are huge and cant be completely answered without a full staff in place.

Hard to expect much traction with the transfers and you cant really blame them.

Advertisement
Exactly. They cool with game until certain people (the predetermined loser) learn to play it. The kids learned from the best.
***** been going on for a long time. I was part of it Auburn. I was recruited to Auburn by Sonny Smith and Otis Johnson. After my sophomore year Sonny was lured away by VCU. They doubled his salary and bought him a huge farm in Talbot, Tennessee.

It ****ed off a lot of people. Matt Geiger’s parents were so ****ed they made him transfer to Georgia Tech. He went to the league from there when he should have gone from Auburn. Matt and I were good friends in high school. We were on Team Florida together.

Advertisement
Not really. There are is a limited number of scholarships, so coaches have to assess whether a spot is better filled by someone from high school or someone from the transfer portal. Generally speaking, someone from high school is going to have more eligibility than someone from the portal, so I would suspect that most coaches would prefer (all else being equal) to fill spots with kids from high school. If Mario thinks we have a good shot of doing that, then he's not going to prematurely fill those spots with kids from the portal.
I gotcha. Yeah if they're the same talent level i agree with you. I was assuming high level portal players who have proven they can play would be preferable to even high level recruits just to help transition for the next 2-3 years. Then when you have more proven depth, you focus a lot more on bringing in high level high school players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back