Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

So to review, as of 6/22, we have 11 players on scholarship. Of those 11:

1. (1) Brooks may have to redshirt (brings us to 10 active),
2. (1) Miller, who has been nothing but garbage and useless, is expected to be Tonye (all of the sudden),
3. (1) Gak had a knee injury in December,
4. (1) Stone had an ACL tear in January,
5. (3) True Freshman

So to review (as of right now):

- 1 Redshirt (possible waiver)
- Miller
- 2 Serious Injuries
- 3 True Freshman

Even with the waiver, this is before any injuries and transfers/kids thrown out of school, this isn’t good. Not sure what the plan is at this point.

Advertisement
Not sure what's going on with Juiston.

Best available player out there and crickets.

Per Jeff Goodman, Shakur Juiston is interested in attending Seton Hall, since he is from Newark, NJ. However, Seton Hall already has 13 scholarship players and they do not have a scholarship available for him.

This is the last update I have heard or read.

Last edited:

2. (1) Miller, who has been nothing but garbage and useless, is expected to be Tonye (all of the sudden),
5. (3) True Freshman

- Miller
- 2 Serious Injuries
- 3 True Freshman

Even with the waiver, this is before any injuries and transfers/kids thrown out of school, this isn’t good. Not sure what the plan is at this point.

Definitely more questions than answers. In the 4 exhibition games in August, Miami may only have 8 players as Gak and Stone may not be cleared from their ACL surgeries and Brooks may have to sit out.

It is a roster management issue again as 11 players is really only 8. Similar to last season and the past few seasons.

It is a roster management issue again as 11 players is really only 8. Similar to last season and the past few seasons.

That is what is most puzzling.

We already know the following:

1.) 2 of those 11 scholarships are for players recovering from major injuries.
2.) 1 of those 11 scholarships is for Brooks (who may not get a waiver).

It is possible, that you start the season with ONLY 8 active players on scholarship. Even if those 8 players were studs, how far will that get you? What are the odds that NO ONE gets injured? What are the odds that NO ONE gets thrown out of school or transfers voluntarily?

Advertisement

5. (3) True Freshman

- Miller
- 2 Serious Injuries
- 3 True Freshman

**** Poor roster management from L. Has become a trend with him. Hope Athletic department has taken notice of it like the fans. I don't want to hear about the investigation excuse either. The guy has 300 players in portal to fill out a roster but seems to lazy to do it. #FireL

**** Poor roster management from L. Has become a trend with him. Hope Athletic department has taken notice of it like the fans. I don't want to hear about the investigation excuse either. The guy has 300 players in portal to fill out a roster but seems to lazy to do it. #FireL
No one cares about the basketball program in the AD so no change will be made. They had an incredibly opportunity to capitalize in 2013 but never took advantage. Sad really.

What a clown. Trust me Coach L is far from lazy

Advertisement
I don't "blame" Coach L at all. But, as I've said many times before, I would like his assessment of exactly why recruiting is such a struggle.

None of the half dozen or so HCs we've had since 1985 have been able to break through on the recruiting front. Then again, none of them have had the dynamic personalities/salesmanship of a Calipari or Pitino. Had Rick come here as once rumored, would have been interesting to see what he might have been able to do.

3. (1) Gak had a knee injury in December, (this was an ACL tear too)
5. (3) True Freshman

- Miller
- 2 Serious Injuries
- 3 True Freshman

Looking more and more like this is the team we're entering the year with.

As for the plan, the plan is, pray to whatever God you believe in that nobody gets hurt/booted.

Tyler Scanlon is available, decent, and seems to fill a front court need.

Of course we didn't contact him

In addition to Wisconsin, Scanlon has reportedly heard from Arkansas, Belmont, Florida, George Washington, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, Richmond and Saint Louis.

Advertisement
Do we know if brooks is even fighting to get a waiver? I thought I read the school wasn’t even applying for him to get one.

Surely the coaches at Miami can find 2 grad transfers to fill the last two scholarships. They only have 180 choices.

Shakur Juiston and D.J. Williams should be the two guys they focus on.

Advertisement
Shakur Juiston does all of the little things Miami needs to compete for the ACC championship and make the NCAA tournament.

Watch #10 for UNLV.

Advertisement
Back