Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Keep it real folks, kids who are transferring are doing so to get major minutes either at a better school to catch pro scouts' eyes or to a lesser school after not getting enough burn at a power 5 program. They are NOT coming to an ACC program to sit on the bench. The top transfer kids, especially grad transfers get two dozen high major offers the minute they enter the portal. We landed two good guys in Stone and Brooks and have pursued numerous others. From what I've heard we're still in active discussion with a few others.

Advertisement
So you think Miami should get a full class of top 100 players? That's lacking self awareness and being delusional
Why? Georgia just did it. They have 5 incoming frosh who are top 100. This despite zero tradition - and having Harlond Beverly CBed to them and then won over by UM at the last minute.

As an aside, one of their recruits, Anthony Edwards, is consensus top 2. Unlike Carey, he was loyal to the home team.

But you want him back right.... rip him but wish he stayed. Awesome fans

I'm not "ripping him". I am acknowledging the fact that he has not played in over a year, and will not have the chance to showcase his full skill set at an NBA combine.

And I'm not "wishing he stayed". If he played last year in an impressive fashion, I have no problems with him turning pro. But that didn't happen.

Good lord, Juan is back and his reading comprehension is as terrible as ever. And he is clearly trying to attack people who have put him in his place in the past.

We landed two good guys in Stone and Brooks and have pursued numerous others. From what I've heard we're still in active discussion with a few others.

This is actually good news. Two more grad transfers would give Miami 12 scholarship players for next season. 13 if Brooks gets a waiver but I am not sure if that is the plan. That would be an older team like Coach L prefers, depth to compete for the ACC championship along with an NCAA tournament berth plus 4 scholarships for the 2020 recruiting class.

At this point, just need to wait and see who commits.

Advertisement
I know we lost some of the transfers we were in contact with but is there a running list of grad transfers that have Miami on their list? Or is it just random? I don't remember seeing a Nysier Brooks connection anywhere and it just happened all of a sudden. Are we in the dark about transfers until they happen?

Advertisement
I know we lost some of the transfers we were in contact with but is there a running list of grad transfers that have Miami on their list? Or is it just random? I don't remember seeing a Nysier Brooks connection anywhere and it just happened all of a sudden. Are we in the dark about transfers until they happen?

I post the information as I find it. Sometimes, I find a post where Miami is mentioned but I don't have "sources close to the situation" who can give me "inside information". Normally, once I find out a player has scheduled an official visit to Miami, that is the first sign things are getting serious.

Also rip to my top transfer choice. Oh well...

I definitely, at this point in the game with 2 scholarships open and our need for eligible big men, would have taken him. We get the privilege of playing against him next season.

Another player, Micaiah Henry, I suggested is going to South Carolina.

I have no idea what this staff is considering with our roster going into next season. But perhaps you can be "selective" after you lock up one scholarship and only one remains.

Advertisement
Why not? They have been a top 25 or close program for much of Coach L's time here.
Dude if I have to explain why we are getting a class full of top 100 every year then you are too dumb to talk to.... there just 100 guys for all the programs. Again it's delusional

Why? Georgia just did it. They have 5 incoming frosh who are top 100. This despite zero tradition - and having Harlond Beverly CBed to them and then won over by UM at the last minute.

As an aside, one of their recruits, Anthony Edwards, is consensus top 2. Unlike Carey, he was loyal to the home team.
Georgia did it once dude. This dude thinks we should be doing that every year. When Georgia does it 3 more years in a row call me

Dude if I have to explain why we are getting a class full of top 100 every year then you are too dumb to talk to.... there just 100 guys for all the programs. Again it's delusional

You realize most college basketball recruiting classes are usually about 3 players sometimes 4 maybe 5 not 25 like in football. Look back at the recruits he has brought in, all or most have been top 100 guys. The problem he's had is leaving spots open. Obviously evaluation should be taken into account as well. DJ, Larkin and Lecomte weren't top 100 prospects or big name recruits but played to the level of 4 star, top 100 players.

Advertisement

Evans Seven: Players who can return from injury, lift their teams

KEITH STONE

Last season did not go as great as MIami would have liked, but it did provide some promise thanks to a budding underclassman talent in
Chris Lykes. The former Rivals150 guard is back with the Hurricanes, and he will be joined by four-star prospects Isaiah Wong and Harlond Beverly
in the backcourt.

The frontline is where questions remain which is why a healthy Keith Stone is so important to the Hurricanes' fate next season. Jim Larranaga navigated through one of his more difficult seasons, one that was further hampered by the ineligibility of Dewan Huell. So, the enrollment of Stone, a Florida grad-transfer, could not have come at a better time. A starter for the Gators before suffering a torn ACL in January, Stone has never been a major producer, but he is a reliable back-line piece and he will be asked to be just that. Kam McGusty, a one-time Oklahoma standout, will now be eligible, too. Add him to Miami's talented backcourt and the Hurricanes might be a surprise team in the ACC and have a chance at returning to the NCAA Tournament.

Advertisement
Back