Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement

Tevin Mack
G6-6225JrColumbia, SC

Eligible Immediately grad transfer would be a perfect fit with Miami. Adds depth and give Miami another scholarship for the 2020 recruiting class.

Advertisement
Misses on Enaruna and Rodney Howard hurt, but we need to secure some good grad transfers. I would stay away from Grimes, but I think Mack and Blackshear are great options. Jalen Wilson is also still not committed but I doubt we even get a look. Enaruna should've come here, Kansas' roster is too loaded.

This guy is my top transfer look. He's a bit clumsy looking but he's athletic enough to be a plug in big. He also shoots a respectable 70% from the FT line. He can't be worse than Miller right?

This guy is my top transfer look. He's a bit clumsy looking but he's athletic enough to be a plug in big. He also shoots a respectable 70% from the FT line. He can't be worse than Miller right?

Coach said the following: "Coach Jim Larranaga told WQAM’s Joe Zagacki on Hurricane Hotline this week that with at least one of the two remaining scholarships, “we would love to get someone in the 6-7, 6-8 category who is a versatile performer. We could utilize some size and skill in our front court. We need someone in that 240, 250 [pound] category."

At 6'9, 250 and a PF, he is of that body type. We have 2 ships open, we need eligible big men. Seems like a guy who we should try to get to come down for a visit.

Advertisement
Coach said the following: "Coach Jim Larranaga told WQAM’s Joe Zagacki on Hurricane Hotline this week that with at least one of the two remaining scholarships, “we would love to get someone in the 6-7, 6-8 category who is a versatile performer. We could utilize some size and skill in our front court. We need someone in that 240, 250 [pound] category."

At 6'9, 250 and a PF, he is of that body type. We have 2 ships open, we need eligible big men. Seems like a guy who we should try to get to come down for a visit.

Ok. That was this week because I almost thought he was talking about Keith Stone. Another versatile performer would be good but I hope it is a grad transfer. Miami needs to be good next season but they also need to have four scholarships available for the 2020 recruiting class.

Misses on Enaruna and Rodney Howard hurt, but we need to secure some good grad transfers. I would stay away from Grimes, but I think Mack and Blackshear are great options. Jalen Wilson is also still not committed but I doubt we even get a look. Enaruna should've come here, Kansas' roster is too loaded.

I agree. I thought Enaruna was coming. I also thought Kansas would run out of scholarships because I knew Desoussa, Dotson and Grimes were coming back to school. I also thought Hampton and Wilson would commit causing Enaruna to decommit. It will be interesting to see how much he plays because Kansas is returning a lot of players. I am not wishing anything bad on him and he is talented but I think Enaruna will get lost in the shuffle at Kansas.

Advertisement

Top 3 choices for the final two scholarships: Kerry Blackshear, Tevin Mack or Shakur Juiston

These two guys would probable be easier to get commitments from at this point:

Curtis Jones,6-4, 190, SG, Oklahoma State
Stats: 8.1 ppg
Scout’s take: “Highly-touted, but didn’t do much at Indiana and was solid in a brief stint at Oklahoma State. Can score it, but needs to become more efficient and a better shooter.”
Schools: N/A

Kelvin Jones, 6-11, 230, C, Idaho State
Stats: 9.9 ppg, 5.6 rpg
Scout’s take: “High-upside guy with his size. Skilled and can play at a high-major.”
Schools: N/A

Both are grad transfers so they would be eligible immediately. With close to 800 kids in the transfer portal including over 100 grad transfers, it should not be that hard to find two guys for the last two scholarships.

You'd think it wouldn't be hard but , we're sorta making it look like it is. I prefer to think Coach L is just holding out for quality!

Advertisement
Given what's left in the portal, we might be better off punting on a grad transfer big. Instead, play without a traditional C, and try to shoot the other teams big off the floor, aka the Villanova/Golden State strategy.

Either that, or just replace all of Rodney's blood with HGH and hope he never gets tested.

Nova may not have had the traditional 6'11 C but ... they sure enough had some big bodies to play in the middle. Guys like Spellman, Pinkston and Kris Jenkins come to mind.

You'd think it wouldn't be hard but , we're sorta making it look like it is. I prefer to think Coach L is just holding out for quality!

It is June 2nd, I don't know how much more time they have but...It has been the same issue for the last ________ years. We're unable to use all our scholarships. Given our significant issue going into this season with quality and eligible depth at the 5, bring in someone who can play and bang for 15-20 MPG NOW. Then you can be a little selective with the final scholarship.

Someone above brought up that player Eric Hamilton.

On the other page, I brought up Kelvin Jones.

Both are legit big men. Both are eligible. Both can bang. These are not studs. These are somewhat proven guys, albeit on a lower level, who can play 15-20 MPG. Maybe with some better coaching, you can have something decent too. Worst case scenario, they're gone after one season.

The other thing is we have 2 scholarships open TODAY. We on average LOSE more than 1 kid per year to transfer/kicked out of school etc. Last year we lost Miles Wilson in September. We could have another scholarship open this summer or during this season.

Advertisement
Back