Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

With a waiver or graduation and transfer, Brooks is a good addition. I still think Miami needs one more grad transfer big. I hope they make a run at Jayce Johnson not unless the coaches think Dewan is coming back to school.

Even though or if he withdrew from classes, in theory, Dewan could take those classes in the Summer and get eligible for next season.

Advertisement
With a waiver or graduation and transfer, Brooks is a good addition. I still think Miami needs one more grad transfer big. I hope they make a run at Jayce Johnson not unless the coaches think Dewan is coming back to school.

Even though or if he withdrew from classes, in theory, Dewan could take those classes in the Summer and get eligible for next season.

They should be doing everything to get Jayce Johnson. Get him at least to come down for a visit.

They should be doing everything to get Jayce Johnson. Get him at least to come down for a visit.

I completely agree. Signing Tristan Enaruna and adding Johnson along with Brooks to the rest of this roster puts Miami in the top 4 of the ACC next season.

Virginia, Duke, Florida St, Carolina, VA Tech, Louisville and Syracuse are rebuilding so Miami has a great chance to win the conference with those players mentioned.

Advertisement

Is there talk that Huellnandez might come back, or are you speculating?

Advertisement
Two spots left. One should obviously be an eligible proven quality big man. The other, best available (e.g. Brown, Justice or LJ).

5 Spots Left ==> 2 Spots Left

Spot #1: Harlond Beverly (2019 HS Senior Guard) [Committed]
Spot #2: Keith Stone (Grad Transfer from Florida) [Committed]
Spot #3: Nysier Brooks (Transfer from Cincinnati) [Committed]

------------------------------------------------------------------ (Below are players with no actual visit scheduled, just varying levels of interest)

1. Jordan Brown [Transfer PF/C out of Nevada] - Sit One / Play Three
2. LJ Figueroa [Transfer G out of St. Johns] - Sit One / Play Two
3. Shawn Occeus [Transfer G out of Northeastern] - Sit One / Play One
4. Justice Sueing [Transfer F out of Cal] - Sit One / Play Two

Article for Jordan Brown (https://247sports.com/college/baske...-Transfer-Kentucky-Arizona-Nevada--131323927/ )
Article for LJ Figueroa (https://thespun.com/college-hoops/lj-figueroa-transfer-st-johns-nebraska-miami )
Stuff on Shawn Occeus (http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/shawn-occeus )
Info on Justice Sueing (https://watchstadium.com/news/ranki...college-basketball-this-offseason-04-22-2019/ )

------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, I think it is key to find one eligible proven big man as we can't rely on a waiver for Brooks. Assuming you get an eligible proven big man, try to get the best transfer available. Even though Jordan Brown or LJ Figueroa aren't available immediately, they may be able to get a waiver for the same reason Nysier Brooks could get one.

Advertisement
Is there talk that Huellnandez might come back, or are you speculating?

Speculation but in college basketball, things change daily so it is possible until the door is completely closed. Getting invited to the G League Elite Camp was not part of his goal, at least I hope that was not his goal.

Two spots left. One should obviously be an eligible proven quality big man. The other, best available (e.g. Brown, Justice or LJ).

At his moment, I would hope Miami uses the last two scholarships on grad transfers because that would then give Miami 5 scholarships for the 2020 recruiting class. Of course, with breaking news, this viewpoint can change.

Just thinking, Coach L encouraged Rodney Miller to redshirt last season because he was the #3 Center on the roster and his playing time would be limited. I have to wonder, does Coach L want to add a legit grad big to improve the roster or does he fell comfortable the Rodney Miller will give the team meaningful minutes?

I would definitely add another big even if Brooks gets the waiver to play next season. Better too many than not enough.

Advertisement
Sueing off the board to Ohio State.

Also, Derryck Thronton is a grad transfer. We don't really need a PG, and he can't shoot, but I know he took a visit with us when he left Duke. Wonder if the staff is still interested.

Rayjon Tucker to Memphis. Don’t know why we never got in on him. I know our strength is our backcourt but he’s a kid who could likely play for any team in the country.

Advertisement
Back