Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Brooks sounds sorta like TJ and Izundu. Good defensively, rebounds very well, blocks shots. Offense is coming on a bit as he gains experience.

Advertisement
If Brooks comes here that puts us at 10 ships or 11? If he commits here and sits out we need to get 2 eligible impact players for this year.

Advertisement
If Brooks comes here that puts us at 10 ships or 11? If he commits here and sits out we need to get 2 eligible impact players for this year.
If we get brooks, that puts us at 11, 10 of which are eligible. We'd still have 2 scholarships open. Would love those 2 to be Tristan and a grad transfer wing.

I am probably in the minority on this one but I would pass on Brooks. Without the guarantee of the waiver, I have no interest in waiting one year for one year of eligibility. Brooks would be better off staying at Cincinnati. Especially with the potential of the October dismissal streak still active at Miami.

There are still plenty of grad transfer bigs (Alihan Demir and Jayce Johnson) still available that Miami should pursue. IMO.

Advertisement

If Miami gets a visit, I like our chances against Minnesota and Kansas St. Yes, I am bias.

I think we'll know a lot more by Wednesday, or at the very latest early Thursday. Sounds like Pitino is flying out to Philadelphia to meet with him tomorrow, and Minnesota writers, for what its worth, seem pretty optimistic that he will end up a Gopher. There is some sort of connection between Demir and someone on the Gopher basketball staff which led to their initial interest.

From what I've seen, I actually think Brooks is the slightly better player between him and Demir, so from a pure talent standpoint, I'd rather have him. I think Brooks is the better rebounder of the two. Having to sit a year and only have one year left to play is a killer, though, so I think for the makeup of the team, Demir is the better option if you can get him here.

I think we'll know a lot more by Wednesday, or at the very latest early Thursday. Sounds like Pitino is flying out to Philadelphia to meet with him tomorrow, and Minnesota writers, for what its worth, seem pretty optimistic that he will end up a Gopher. There is some sort of connection between Demir and someone on the Gopher basketball staff which led to their initial interest.

From what I've seen, I actually think Brooks is the slightly better player between him and Demir, so from a pure talent standpoint, I'd rather have him. I think Brooks is the better rebounder of the two. Having to sit a year and only have one year left to play is a killer, though, so I think for the makeup of the team, Demir is the better option if you can get him here.

I agree with the player comparison but that sit out year to play one year is a huge turnoff. Even in the bigger picture or long term view, it would be better to add 3 grad transfers to the roster because that would give Miami 4 scholarships for the 2020 recruiting class. DJ is the only senior on the roster.

Advertisement
Back