Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

I agree with the player comparison but that sit out year to play one year is a huge turnoff. Even in the bigger picture or long term view, it would be better to add 3 grad transfers to the roster because that would give Miami 4 scholarships for the 2020 recruiting class. DJ is the only senior on the roster.

We’re kind of at the point where we should take what we can get. We’ve stuck our at numerous grad transfers already and also never got in the game with a bunch of the top grad transfers. Pretty disappointing this staff can’t pull any quality grad transfers with the amount of playing time available.

Advertisement
We’re kind of at the point where we should take what we can get. We’ve stuck our at numerous grad transfers already and also never got in the game with a bunch of the top grad transfers. Pretty disappointing this staff can’t pull any quality grad transfers with the amount of playing time available.

As solid as we are in the backcourt, we are in bad bad shape in the front court. Miller, two dudes coming off knees and a freshman. Yikes.

I could not disagree with you more. There are close to 700 kids in the transfer portal so there are plenty of options available. Yes, more quantity than quality but they key is production.

Also, once kids pull out of the NBA draft process and go back to school, more kids will probably become available. Miami is in a good position right now, the priority is getting a commitment from Tristan Enaruna to complete the 2019 recruiting class.

IMO, as long as Miami has 13 scholarship players as early as June no later than August, they will be fine.

I respect your opinion, I just have a different point of view.

Advertisement
I could not disagree with you more. There are close to 700 kids in the transfer portal so there are plenty of options available. Yes, more quantity than quality but they key is production.

Also, once kids pull out of the NBA draft process and go back to school, more kids will probably become available. Miami is in a good position right now, the priority is getting a commitment from Tristan Enaruna to complete the 2019 recruiting class.

IMO, as long as Miami has 13 scholarship players as early as June no later than August, they will be fine.

I respect your opinion, I just have a different point of view.

We have nothing when it comes to big men. We are in desperate need of some quality bigs.

We have nothing when it comes to big men. We are in desperate need of some quality bigs.

Desperate is such a strong word. I think we have more questions than answers at this point. Everything will change once Miami has two bigs commit.

Who will those bigs be, that is the question?

Advertisement

Good news: He is not going back to Cincinnati

Bad news: He has not become a grad transfer yet and he is not eligible immediately. Sit one to play one does not help this season.

Advertisement
Haven't seen our name mentioned with any of those guys unfortunately.

Giddens is a rather limited post who fouls far too often. There are better posts to be had.

Advertisement
Yesterday's Portal signings: Rik Smiths 7'1 son transferring in to Butler, and Bubba Parham, 5'11 SG from VMI going to Ga Tech (22 ppg sharpshooter). Clemson picked up a Guard from Tulsa.

Advertisement
Back