Trajan Bandy gets his offer

Btw sorry to break your hearts guys but this is what he told 247:

I was just chilling and it was just another offer for me," Bandy said. "It's an offer that I wanted. A lot of schools that came by always asked how does this guy have so many offers and is an Oklahoma commit but somehow doesn't have a Miami offer."

It's an offer that I wanted is what's important to me. Kids forget about all that. Plus Oklahoma is far far away. NSD he'll most likely be a Cane .

he literally said it was just another offer for me...

he said its a offer that I wanted

So did Calvin and Shawn Burgess-Becker

They would be here if it wasnt for golden trust me

Advertisement
It's an offer that I wanted is what's important to me. Kids forget about all that. Plus Oklahoma is far far away. NSD he'll most likely be a Cane .

They also may have been bought and paid for.

They weren't...well at least I know shawn wasn't. Y'all forget I'm friends with both of them

Perfect CB Class..

Henderson
Brini
Davis
Bandy
Wilson

I know we REALLY need CBs, but you really think we'd take 5? I'm thinking they'll take 3, possibly 4 if an exceptional guy wants in.

It's too bad none of these guys can't show join us this Fall.

IMO this 2017 class is going to be very big, especially at DB. The staff will cut ties with guys like Mayes, Jackson, Henley if they don't prove to be Miami talent and we need the room

I'd be shocked if we take more than 3-4 CB, 18 class is loaded[/QUOTE

You can't recruit like that though. You fill voids on the roster ASAP because that 2018 class is a long ways away and can not help you on the field in 2017.

This^^^^^

People never learn. All of the, "but 2018 is really loaded" porsters haven't learned a thing. You take the talented 2017 kids that want to come now. There are no guarantees in 2018.

You would think that Alfredo's regime would have taught everyone that you can't keep on saying, "but next year is loaded." How did that work out for us for the last 5 years?

They would be here if it wasnt for golden trust me
[MENTION=5705]cane since birth[/MENTION] I know them they wouldn't have. Both their mothers weren't a fan of having their kids be in Miami. Torrence Gibson and Sony would've been here though.

I left you a little insider on eye in the sky btw:chuncky:

Last edited:
Perfect CB Class..

Henderson
Brini
Davis
Bandy
Wilson

I know we REALLY need CBs, but you really think we'd take 5? I'm thinking they'll take 3, possibly 4 if an exceptional guy wants in.

IMO this 2017 class is going to be very big, especially at DB. The staff will cut ties with guys like Mayes, Jackson, Henley if they don't prove to be Miami talent and we need the room

You can't recruit like that though. You fill voids on the roster ASAP because that 2018 class is a long ways away and can not help you on the field in 2017.

why would you be? We will have a few leave you watch

Advertisement
Perfect CB Class..

Henderson
Brini
Davis
Bandy
Wilson

I want Henderson, Brini and Bandy. Always thought they should offer him and now they did!!

They weren't...well at least I know shawn wasn't. Y'all forget I'm friends with both of them
Ya I dont see him sticking to Oklahoma. Like wtf is there to do there? Besides banging farm girls

Ya I dont see him sticking to Oklahoma. Like wtf is there to do there? Besides banging farm girls

Well they were just in the playoffs......

Glad the staff didnt fall for the local hype and offered Bandy from an in-person evaluation. If you couple him with a combination of Henderson/Brini or Henderson/Wilson or **** all 3..then this is a major major pickup. A lockdown nickel guy and 2-3 guys who can lockdown the perimeter.

(Ive seen this SDavis game before and I think he is all but gone. I look at Davis like most look at MWilson..if Davis was going to be a Cane, he would have pulled the trigger already... Same way I feel about MWilson and the Gators which is why I think we have a very good shot at him.)

Now that hes gotten his offer and the posters on here who have been begging for him to be apart of this class finally get their wish...lets see if he commits..

Advertisement
Glad the staff didnt fall for the local hype and offered Bandy from an in-person evaluation. If you couple him with a combination of Henderson/Brini or Henderson/Wilson or **** all 3..then this is a major major pickup. A lockdown nickel guy and 2-3 guys who can lockdown the perimeter.

(Ive seen this SDavis game before and I think he is all but gone. I look at Davis like most look at MWilson..if Davis was going to be a Cane, he would have pulled the trigger already... Same way I feel about MWilson and the Gators which is why I think we have a very good shot at him.)

Now that hes gotten his offer and the posters on here who have been begging for him to be apart of this class finally get their wish...lets see if he commits..

Lol "fall for the local hype"

Lol "fall for the local hype"

Are we really going to drum this up again? Pete (whom you said is one of the only real insiders here) said that the staff had never seen him in person and didnt want to go off Hudl tapes, youtube highlights, and recommendations from you and others on this board...They did their due diligence and went out to a game, saw him in person, and saw that he fit what they want to do on defense..

Isnt that what you want in a staff?

Kid should've been offered 4 months ago, hopefully the staff learns from this mistake.

Advertisement
Cmon zbrod, don't take it so literally. I understand you're a relative newbie and your thing is collecting info from all the sites and posting it here, but you obviously lack recruiting experience.

I'm not a relative newbie, I've been following recruiting since I was 13 AND I was recruited myself, I've played the game...Funny how almost everything I've said involving recruits have come true though. I have a cousin that goes to Columbus and knows him, let's just say I'm not surprised

Z, Are you saying that you think he goes elsewhere or are you saying to all the wishful thinkers don't get your hopes up? In my opinion all you have to do is look at his 247 comment. His pride is wounded. He has gotten used to the idea of committing to another school. What we don't know is exactly how much communication has been going on between him and the staff. I wouldn't count on him.

Cmon zbrod, don't take it so literally. I understand you're a relative newbie and your thing is collecting info from all the sites and posting it here, but you obviously lack recruiting experience.

I'm not a relative newbie, I've been following recruiting since I was 13 AND I was recruited myself, I've played the game...Funny how almost everything I've said involving recruits have come true though. I have a cousin that goes to Columbus and knows him, let's just say I'm not surprised

Z, Are you saying that you think he goes elsewhere or are you saying to all the wishful thinkers don't get your hopes up? In my opinion all you have to do is look at his 247 comment. His pride is wounded. He has gotten used to the idea of committing to another school. What we don't know is exactly how much communication has been going on between him and the staff. I wouldn't count on him.
I wouldn't get our hopes up, he's not hurt but he's a very prideful guy from what I heard. I'm not saying he's not flipping but we def have a mountain to climb.

Last edited:
Kid should've been offered 4 months ago, hopefully the staff learns from this mistake.

Lol. Come on bro..Richt just got the job..what 5 months ago?

He prob knew Bandy from working with Pruitt but didnt know if Diaz was on board with him as well. Again..Diaz looked at film, looked at some highlights, went to some spring practices, went to his spring game, and decided to give the green light..

Maybe I missed something but what was the staff suppose to do here? Offer him sight unseen? Isnt that the bush league crap that we want to get rid of so that we can start getting "Miami level" talent back on the roster?

Advertisement

This^^^^^

People never learn. All of the, "but 2018 is really loaded" porsters haven't learned a thing. You take the talented 2017 kids that want to come now. There are no guarantees in 2018.

You would think that Alfredo's regime would have taught everyone that you can't keep on saying, "but next year is loaded." How did that work out for us for the last 5 years?

Four is enough , and more than likely that'll be the max at CB for this class.

Which is just fine , then take a few more next year.

Lol. Come on bro..Richt just got the job..what 5 months ago?

He prob knew Bandy from working with Pruitt but didnt know if Diaz was on board with him as well. Again..Diaz looked at film, looked at some highlights, went to some spring practices, went to his spring game, and decided to give the green light..

Maybe I missed something but what was the staff suppose to do here? Offer him sight unseen? Isnt that the bush league crap that we want to get rid of so that we can start getting "Miami level" talent back on the roster?
If Bandy really says a Miami offer is a dream offer, than the saying better late than never should come to mind for him. Who gives a flying F**k when hes offered as long as he gets one

What mistake? Taking their time and seeing a kid live before offering them? Offering in the spring before their senior year?

We got into a lot of trouble when Coker recruited off of the websites lists instead of doing their own evals. This idea that we hurt our chances for waiting to offer a kid after seeing them play is absurd.

Advertisement
Back