Tracy Howard's Impact this season

People just want to remember the Carr and Floyd plays. Thats only 2 plays and forget about the rest of the 3 yrs. All I remember about B.Harris is teams didnt throw his way. They abused on DVD & Hill.

Of course PP was alot better then Harris but Harris didnt suck

Advertisement

I don't get this at all.

BH was our best corner - by far - for two years straight. He rarely got beat.

But then again, I missed the bowl game.

I didn't mean that negatively towards BH. But from all accounts Tracy is on P Petersons level as a corner so to hear is more BH than Peterson worries me. If he turns out to be BH like I won't mind. I just have a higher hope for Tracy

Brandon was very solid. I have no bad feelings for Brandon. We just need Tracy to have a bigger impact. I think he will just because of coaching alone

Another huge play was his strip sack of Landry Jones. Biggest play in the OU game in my opinion.

Harris could tackle, flip his hips (Deion thought he was the most fluid kid at the combine) and could play the ball. His fatal flaw in the pros is that he's not that big and not that fast. Just like Howard. Both guys are also football junkies with a very good mental makeup.

Harris should be a slot in the pros. He can play physical...size can be irrelevant in the pros when we are talking about a guy on the inside, depending on the team and the package. Methinks he and the Texans aren't a natural fit with what the Texans want to get done. He actually is listed as one of Houston's bigger corners at 5-10, 195. IIRC, they were playing Jason Allen in the slot last year.

Harris was a Top 5 corner in college from his sophomore year on while at Miami. He had a lot of periods of play where ol boy didn't even let up a catch. People credit him for getting burned by Michael Floyd (about to be a Top 12 pick FWIW) but the play most credit Harris getting burned on, it was him getting tripped up, not exactly an indictment of a guys cover ability.

I think he was misused a lot by Randy. This was the same Brandon Harris that shut down AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Josh Jarboe in high school (all 6-3, 200+ lb wide outs) yet, Randy usually played in him the slot or on the smaller wide out.

Harris didn't make a lot of plays that fans spazz about like INTs, but that is a product of not so great pass rush + not being targeted a great deal by other teams.

Advertisement
I think Tracy will have his freshmen lumps but like the defense of last year he will get better as time goes on. I think through 3/4ths of the season is done he will be really improved. I'm not expecting any kind of big statistics but I will be watching to see how he progresses from day one to the last play of his freshmen year. If he can be a Brandon Harris for us then I will be happy, if he can excel what Brandon done than that's even better.

to be honest I don't even know how harris made into the league.... ***** didnt do jack ****.... his f**k *** pops hated on my boy PP... ***** *** niggaz....

Another huge play was his strip sack of Landry Jones. Biggest play in the OU game in my opinion.

Harris could tackle, flip his hips (Deion thought he was the most fluid kid at the combine) and could play the ball. His fatal flaw in the pros is that he's not that big and not that fast. Just like Howard. Both guys are also football junkies with a very good mental makeup.

Harris should be a slot in the pros. He can play physical...size can be irrelevant in the pros when we are talking about a guy on the inside, depending on the team and the package. Methinks he and the Texans aren't a natural fit with what the Texans want to get done. He actually is listed as one of Houston's bigger corners at 5-10, 195. IIRC, they were playing Jason Allen in the slot last year.

Harris was a Top 5 corner in college from his sophomore year on while at Miami. He had a lot of periods of play where ol boy didn't even let up a catch. People credit him for getting burned by Michael Floyd (about to be a Top 12 pick FWIW) but the play most credit Harris getting burned on, it was him getting tripped up, not exactly an indictment of a guys cover ability.

I think he was misused a lot by Randy. This was the same Brandon Harris that shut down AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Josh Jarboe in high school (all 6-3, 200+ lb wide outs) yet, Randy usually played in him the slot or on the smaller wide out.

Harris didn't make a lot of plays that fans spazz about like INTs, but that is a product of not so great pass rush + not being targeted a great deal by other teams.

Who was the last corner to get a lot of picks for us... Buchanon? Our safety's usually rack up the picks... I agree with your assessment... BH was a good player for us... If Tracey is on his level then its a plus... I don't think Harris was misused here at all though... I think his issue was that the fans always compared him to Peterson... He did his thing here... I mean looking back... From 2009 to 2010 we did get good production from our corners... I mean even Sheilds (1year) and Hill made plays during their final seaason when many thought their careers were over... We just had an inconsistent pass rush at times...

Howard just plays different, IMO. He is much much more physical, in your face than Harris. I think Harris was the better athlete coming out of high school, but Howard is the more polished corner. He has better technique. That's not really a knock in any way against Harris, it just shows where Howard is at, and why, despite his size/speed, he is still considered one of the top corners in the country.

I can see your comparisons down the road though, maybe that's where we are disagreeing. Harris improved quite a bit from his frosh to soph years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back