Tracy Howard: Overrated or Underdeveloped ?

Advertisement
Tracey looks like a victim in run support, that has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with balls

SO true. I certainly expected more out of him the run defense. SO over-rated is my vote. B

Guys like Tracy don't tackle lol. They would rather dive at feet then get embarrassed by getting trucked. All he wants to do is cover Wrs and shut them down. He could care less about tackling. He hopes that someone can make the tackle before they get to him. If you guys only knew how many big plays have happen because he didn't want to tackle.

I had very high expectations for the kid coming into college.. His time here has been underwhelming to say the least. Is that more on him or the staff/scheme? Would he have thrived more in another system?

With out any doubt what soever! Underdeveloped!

Advertisement
I had very high expectations for the kid coming into college.. His time here has been underwhelming to say the least. Is that more on him or the staff/scheme? Would he have thrived more in another system?

I said he was over rated and slow from day one. I went to see him play in HS didn't impress me.

Advertisement
T. Howard reminds me of Ronde Barber. Not a really top end 40 time. But an instinctual corner with good ball skills.

He will wreck in a Cover-2 scheme.

SMH

How can you mis-use a 5-star Corner?

If all he can do is play press man then he's NOT A GOOD CORNER! He's been slightly overrated since high school. Good player, no doubt, but not what the sites made him out to be.

All we basically play at Miami is Quarters, Cover-2 and Man. If you can't play those coverages then you're flawed as a CB.

"Oh they're mis-using him. He should be playing more man."

Yeah, that's great. So WTF is he gonna do when he gets to the league? SMH

Scheme and misuse. I'll say it again and again, I feel bad for our players on defense.

Coaches are costing them $$$. Howard, Bush, Burns, McCord, etc. would excel in a real scheme like a 4-3 that attacks and actually blitzes and legit DC with a brain.

Your blind if you blame it on the players at this point.

All these kids were wanted by top programs. Deon would be killing it for Bama, Tracy would be killing it for UF, Artie would be killing it at Bama, Jamal would be killing it at LSU, Muhammad would be killing it for ND or Bama, etc.

And for the peeps speaking bad on Howard. Your blind, these coaches are ******* neutering him and the other DBs by what they ask them to do. And the kid was lockdown and had some of the best ball skills around coming out of Miramar don't even play the card you weren't impressed with him, that's just bull**** and wanna be talent evaluator crap. Every top school wanted him and knew what type of talent he is. Revis literally jerking himself off to Tracy.

A legit DC would be walking into a goldmine of talent.

He is not the problem, a change is needed. A legit DC would be able to salvage Tracy, Deon, Artie and others and save their future.

You can see it in his body language and some of the other players too. Frustration. This non attacking conservative 3-4 hurts them. We should be attacking, 4-3, nickel. Bringing the safeties up, pressing and man coverage. Not playing 10 yards off your man.

How you expect him to do anything when he's asked to line up 10 yards off the receiver or just bail out and backpedal?

We should have our corners and especially Tracy who is known for man coverage skills. To be playing right on the receiver and be able to jam them and play man to man.

It's bull****.

This thread should be over. If you don't know by now that the problem is the coaching and scheme. You don't know football.

Tracy is a poor victim to this poor **** we call a defensive scheme and defensive coordinator. Tracy has loads of talent as well as the others. Kid been balling since optimist days, he didn't forget how to play.

Bet my *** Deon, Tracy, Artie, Jamal, and others will be better pros than college players. Unless we get a real DC in here. You bring a real DC here, you'll see what I'm talking about. It's a sick ******* joke man. Stop blaming the players.

howard is just like brandon harris.. i said it before he got here... he wasn't even the best corner coming out of high school...

Harris was better than Howard... Everyone also knew Peterson was tge best db in hs... That being said Howard lack of athleticism really limits him... However you would think the zome scheme implemented would help him nut it only hinders him...

Harris was an all-American player so anyone trying to put him down is just wrong. And Peterson was a once in a decade player.

Howard is/was more talented than Harris coming in too.

I'm telling you. The kid will be salvaged with a DC who knows what he's doing. I feel bad for him.

And the constant rotation at DB hurts even more too. No continuity.

Scheme does no justice, you can't expect anyone to excel in this scheme. Elder has struggled too. All of the DBs. The root of the problem is the scheme and DC. Not the players.

I hope Howard sticks around for next year, cause if we get someone who actually knows what their doing. Him, Deon, Carter, Artie, etc. will get the $ they should be getting.

Advertisement
Tracy has had beef with the staff since day one. The guy will and can tackle. But he des not agree with the coaching. He has pretty much given up and plays like it.

I dont even think we would be questioning his will to tackle if he was coached by Bud Foster, pat narduzzi, or Muschump.

Dude is way stronger than he was last year. He completely bought into goldens off season plan and you could see it in his definition as the guys biceps are twice as big as years past.

But playing 10 yards off and back pedaling at the snap when you know the team is running a bubble screen is just discouraging.

I recall tracy getting a pick 6 in the uva game last year by using his instincts only to be reprimanded by al golden when he got to the sideline for "freelancing"

Tracy has already been rumored to have argued with coach D and others about the system. The guy is just mentally drained.

Shoot, so is duke.

Feel sorry for both players.

Corn elder is not a south florida boy who knows what um football(defense) is all about. Once he gets a whiff, he will quit too!

His strength was always the ability to get in his opponents head through trash talking. He's like a cerebral assassin out there. However, this year he looks a lot less engaged, which is quite unfortunate. He will not wow you with his speed that is for sure. This game is just as mental as it is physical.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back