Tracy Howard: Overrated or Underdeveloped ?

L A M P

Reformed Mope
Premium
I had very high expectations for the kid coming into college.. His time here has been underwhelming to say the least. Is that more on him or the staff/scheme? Would he have thrived more in another system?

Advertisement
he looks scared to tackle if anything else every time an opposing team runs a sweep i'm worried. Did Al Golden make him afraid of contact?

Can't blame it all on the scheme/coaching when a guy like Elder(younger/less experienced and lower rated) is playing at a higher level.

Would def like to see Tracey be better in run support, that is completely on him.

Tracy Howard: Victim.

Tracy is no different than any of the other 4 and 5 star guys who wound up in Albortion's 4 and 5 Star Graveyard.

I feel badly for Tracy and all the other wasted talent, which is why some of us are fighting so hard to rescue these kids from the sunken ship.

Advertisement
Tracey looks like a victim in run support, that has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with balls

when a guy like Elder(younger/less experienced and lower rated) is playing at a higher level..

To be fair to TH, Elder has more speed. I think Howard's game is more built around jamming the WR at the line.

That's not allowed here.

Such a crazy coincidence that all of our 4 and 5 stars either underperform or straight out bust. It's either an amazing unprecedented coincidence, or they're in a busted system and not being developed. But go ahead and keep hammering the amateur players and giving a pass to the millionaire corches.

Advertisement
Not supporting this staff or throwing Tracey under the bus, but when you see a ball carrier coming at you, sack up and make a tackle.

Playing CB is not just about covering people.

I am friends with one of his coaches from 7 on 7. This coach told me that Tracy Howard is a dominant player when he is allowed to play press coverage because he is physical like Ty Law. He went on to tell me that soft zone coverage isn't Tracy's forte. I think this coach is spot on. It is the scheme.

In high school Tracy was known for coming up and stopping the run. Now it's like he tries to get blocked so he dosent have to come up and make a tackle.

Advertisement
Usually the CBs that are PHYSICAL at the line and better in press coverage are solid in run support, he looks scared out there sometimes.

I appreciate that we have Tracey Howard, all I am saying is that he needs to work on his run support and tackling.

Would really like to see both #3s(Stacey and Tracey) hit the weights a little harder this offseason, both look about the same as when they first got here.

Tracy's heart isn't in it. He's been beat to death mentally by this staff and all the failure. He's practically begging the fans and university to rescue him. If you can't see it in his body language and approach to the game just pop in some off his HS and freshman games. You'll see a completely different approach and level of aggression and toughness.

Advertisement
he's not going to succeed with what the coaches are asking him to do. look at his high school film and see where he excels. it's in bump and run. let this guy use his hands. he's not fast enough to let a receiver go full speed and chase him around the field. it's funny how people think of him as a bust yet his numbers last year were the best we've had from a corner the past 8 years lol. that says a lot for where our player development and coaching is at

As we watch player after player do well in other places and NFL, I don't think we can any longer think for one moment it is not the defective coaching. Going back to Randy and continuing, or even worse, under Al, the players start off at their peak and go down hill after being "coached up". Look at this year's class, doing great so far --wait til end of season, they will not be so good. Tracy got in trouble his first year for too much free-lancing. Is force to play Al's style of defense, whatever the **** that is. Heck, you can make and argument that even Duke has gone backwards since his spectacular freshman year. I hated what Randy did to our kids but Al has proven to be even worse. TH will star in NFL.

Tracy Howard: Victim.

Tracy is no different than any of the other 4 and 5 star guys who wound up in Albortion's 4 and 5 Star Graveyard.

I feel badly for Tracy and all the other wasted talent, which is why some of us are fighting so hard to rescue these kids from the sunken ship.
This and only this. If he were the only one not reaching the expectations you could point the finger at him, but the team is littered with 4 and 5 star kids on both sides of the ball not coming close to their potential.

It's all coaching.

Advertisement
Back