Tracy Howard: Overrated or Underdeveloped ?

Under developed. He ain't deion but prime wasn't really a big tackler. Except that ones time he sidewalk slammed playmaker. But that was personal

Advertisement
I am friends with one of his coaches from 7 on 7. This coach told me that Tracy Howard is a dominant player when he is allowed to play press coverage because he is physical like Ty Law. He went on to tell me that soft zone coverage isn't Tracy's forte. I think this coach is spot on. It is the scheme.
Physical like Ty Law? I remember Ty Law cracking heads in the run game. Tracy, not so much.

He could be an All-conference player if they allowed him to play tight man coverage. I don't think he's as good as many thoguht he would be but he's just another player being wasted by this staff.

Current DB Power Rank:

ELDER
A.CRAWFORD
GUNTER
BURNS
HOWARD

Predicted CB rank before the season (SPRING BALL)

Howard
Gunter
A.CRAWFORD
Burns
ELDER

I am friends with one of his coaches from 7 on 7. This coach told me that Tracy Howard is a dominant player when he is allowed to play press coverage because he is physical like Ty Law. He went on to tell me that soft zone coverage isn't Tracy's forte. I think this coach is spot on. It is the scheme.
Physical like Ty Law? I remember Ty Law cracking heads in the run game. Tracy, not so much.

Perhaps his problem in tackling in the run game is that he is playing 7 yards off the LOS as opposed to on the LOS in press coverage and the RBs are at full speed and squared up when they get to him?

Advertisement

Perhaps his problem in tackling in the run game is that he is playing 7 yards off the LOS as opposed to on the LOS in press coverage and the RBs are at full speed and squared up when they get to him?

Then how does Elder do it?

Current DB Power Rank:

ELDER
A.CRAWFORD
GUNTER
BURNS
HOWARD

Howard
Gunter
A.CRAWFORD
Burns
ELDER

Howards been bad... But burns over him?????????? Stop the violence.... Worst dB we have now

Current DB Power Rank:

ELDER
A.CRAWFORD
GUNTER
BURNS
HOWARD

Howard
Gunter
A.CRAWFORD
Burns
ELDER

Howards been bad... But burns over him?????????? Stop the violence.... Worst dB we have now

Burns get the nod ahead because he tackles even if it's 15 yards down field he isn't afraid to tackle...... Tracy on the other hand looks like a nomad trying to hitch a ride on the side of the road waits for the RB to be beside or running past him to hitch a ride for another 10 yards before he slides off of the defender and let's him loose on the way to the end zone [ ok I exaggerated but u get my point]

Advertisement
people severely overating corn elder's production. how many plays on the ball has he had again?

I have seen TH and other guys on our team playing in the 7 on 7 and their press coverage was nasty!!!! Its a shame we have a bunch of pussies for coarches

I think its his speed more than anything he runs in the 4.6 range compared to Burns, Crawford, and Elder who all run 4.4 and below.... last year Tracy was ballin.... he led the team in INTs and he definitely was shutting his side down, rarely got beat... I think he will get better and turn it around.... the other DBs are gettin better so its not coaching... he also needs to man up and tackle better, Elder put on a clinic for DBs against Duke when he made alot of good tackles

Advertisement
Scheme and what they want him to do. The kid is a lockdown corner. But what they want him to do and our other DBs is not what fits us. I feel bad for him. A legit DC would be walking into a house of gold with the talent we have on D. He's getting hurt by this staff. Sucks man. It does.

He runs in the 4.55-4.58 range. But that's not the issue. This defense is not to his strengths and the other DBs as well. It's holding these kids back severely. Tracy talented as ****, the scheme is the issue here. It's not only him. It's others too. I feel bad for these kids having to play this joke D scheme. Their not allowed to attack or play.

Last edited:
It boggles the mind that people can't identify the pattern:

Inexperienced, unqualified coach brings in 4 and 5 star talent. Talent doesn't live up to expectations. People claim talent sucks. Talent makes NFL rosters, coach has terrible record and is fired.

Three ******* times in a row and we still blame it on the kids???? Smfh

Advertisement
[video=youtube;f8u18G9pwbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8u18G9pwbc[/video]

Tracy is a man press corner, thats always been his strength, hes physical in coverage, i also think his lack of tackling has a lot to do with him not liking the scheme and what the coaches want him to do jmo

Tracy is a man press corner, thats always been his strength, hes physical in coverage, i also think his lack of tackling has a lot to do with him not liking the scheme and what the coaches want him to do jmo

This. The scheme doesn't fit our players. The talent and players we have. We should be playing an attacking 4-3 defense and man to man , press coverages and bringing up our safeties. This conservative no attacking defense Dorito runs does not suit Miami football.

A lot of these kids like. Chad, McCord, Chick, AQM, Denzel, Grace, Kirby, Armbrister, Howard, Burns, Corn, Gunter, Bush, Carter etc. would benefit from a defense that plays to our strengths of attacking and speed and instincts.

This conservative bend don't break D. Is making these players suffer severely. All talented as **** players being misused. It's frustrating man. It really is.

A legit DC would turn us into a top 30 defense at worst over night. It's sad man. I feel bad for these kids. It's really not their fault

That is my recollection. Didn't he leave the field with his arm hanging down?

Yes. It must have only been a stinger bc I saw him back in the game.. but still, it's easy to seperate a shoulder when you are coming up to hit a guy with a full head of steam (who outweighs you by 50lbs).

Advertisement
Back