Touchdown Throne??

IMO, the offensive prop is a really bad idea.

Really hope they scrap this, and just say it was all off-season fun and games.

Turnover chain is the best prop in football. It won't be possible to top it, IMO. And coming up with something on offense will be extra lame because of how legit the turnover chain is.

SOMEBODY get the message to Manny to shelve this. Plus, the build-up will only add to the failure.
Yeah the idea for the offense to get a “prop” is Cat-A##

Advertisement
IMO, the offensive prop is a really bad idea.

Really hope they scrap this, and just say it was all off-season fun and games.

Turnover chain is the best prop in football. It won't be possible to top it, IMO. And coming up with something on offense will be extra lame because of how legit the turnover chain is.

SOMEBODY get the message to Manny to shelve this. Plus, the build-up will only add to the failure.

Agree.

The chain made sense as Miami was always a defensive-minded team full of playmakers. Yes, there were always offensive superstars, too—but the Canes' calling card going back to the 80s was a hard-nosed, speedy, ball-hawking, hard-hitting defense.

Defenders are supposed to stop the opposing offense, forcing turnovers-on-down and getting the ball back. On the rare occasion an interception or fumble is forced; that is a spark that gets the offense going, while demoralizing the opponent—and the turnover chain was a great way to build hype and get the crowd into it.

The point of the sport is scoring more points than the other guys. "Rewarding" a touchdown with a chain-type reward is too much for a six-point effort. Is the field goal kicker going to get to take part in the celebration, too—as he's scoring three every time he kicks a field goal, and a point for every extra point.

The turnover chain was innovative and original. Anything else is gimmicky and overkill.

Recover a fumble by another offensive player in the endzone

Reward for scoring TD after a turnover. Manny, Enos, Team Captain, or Martell (errrr.... I mean whichever qb wins the starting job) designates who gets to crank the siren and/or strut around with the jewel encrusted Pimp Cane. Pimp cane would be extra funny because CNN would be endlessly providing free coverage of the pimp cane because of the "implied" sexualization of women.

Advertisement
Orange slices for the offense when they score. 1 per player please.

240_F_137824397_BW788QzaWYiKqy8vmJu5hgzlw9FfL7vN.jpg

Any defensive player on the field can intercept, bring down a batted ball, or recover a fumble.

How is anyone on the offensive line supposed to score a touchdown?

This award is biased against the plus sized and speed challenged.
Perfect for me then. I'm slow, ugly, and turning into a ****** in my wisdom yrs

Advertisement
Gotta be honest think we should just have one chain with the U logo on it, and only give it out for big moments in the game...

I definitely don't think it should be every touchdown. But say we are down 7 and we get a game tying TD in the 4th quarter...I think that would be a valid time to use that to hopefully fire up the defense/crowd even more.. Or maybe the 1st touchdown of the game. Or maybe only on TD's where we take the lead...Theres lots of ways you can use it to fire up the crowd/defense without overusing it...And I think how we use it defensively is already great. Basically Turnovers, Special Teams TD's, and BIG TIME offensive TD's/FG's is acceptable to me. But if we start handing out a TD chain when we are up 21-0 on a 3yrd TD run, It'll be pretty lame.

Or maybe even we cap it at 1 use per quarter...make it a competition to who is going to earn it every quarter or something...idk

I would prefer "in-game" TD helmet stickers to be applied.......................to the front of the helmet to tell the helpless defender, "you are facing a bad ***".......
when your good you don't need a helmet sticker to let the other guy know it.fsu had plenty of helmet stickers it didn't help them when we were kicking that a$$ back in the day.by the way during that time we didn't have helmet stickers.

Advertisement
Why are they wearing tops? Isn't that taboo in South Beach? I haven't been down there in over a hundred years....last I remember it was a bunch of grannies. No way you want those old women wearing tops. Please.
And the hotels had movie theater seats on their porch facing the ocean.

Jewel encrusted shades.

Int or fumble to the crib and they get to rock the chain with the shades

How about an oversized camo jacket a la Jerome Brown? Otherwise, I like something very low-key like cranking a hurricane siren

Advertisement
How is that different from an interception or fumble recovery when you're losing 35-0?
Good question. Have we had that happen in the 2 years of the TO chain?
I know there were times where the chain came out and we lost but we were at least still in the game. I think if we get a meaningless TO in a game that's out of reach that they don't even bring the chain out. Seems weird to do props if you're on the losing side of a game that is out of hand.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back