Touchdown Throne??

Advertisement
@dsddcane you know what it is. Do you like the “prop” or not?
Personally im just tired of this nonsense. I understand motivation & all but this is just bull****. What's next a special teams tackles prop. This is just making us look like fools. Far as I'm concerned it's time to focus on the product on the field. Until that's right each and every prop needs to be put on the shelf. Im over seeing these clown *** celebrations in games we're getting handled in. Im over seeing us get handled by inferior squads.

Advertisement
IF we do something for touchdowns. I honestly hope it's for big plays, 40+ yard scores or something. A little motivation to push that extra gear. I dunno I'm talking out of my *** haha

Would prefer just the turnover chain myself.

Here’s the deal with a touchdown prop. Offense is different than defense. If a DB makes a play on the ball and gets the interception, that’s good on him. However, if the RB runs for a touchdown then that’s not only on him then it’s on the OL and WR’s that blocked.

If you do a touchdown celebration it needs to include the whole offense. I have no idea how to do that without it being cheesy but that’s the problem with props.
This is why I suggested Cane Shades, the whole offense and the crowd could rock them on every score.

Need to put on a different song for every TD celebration though.

I am not 100% opposed to the prop, just because whatever it takes to get our offense going I am here for. However, if we do something for the offense it should be unique and well thought out. For example, maybe having a key member from the offense for that drive turn an old school hurricane alert horn.

Yea, maybe that's not the best idea but I think it is absolutely better than most prop ideas for offensive production that many teams in the NCAA use. Plus, it is on brand for you know...hurricanes.

Anyways, I have passed my posting quota for this quarter lol, I will go back to just lurking on the boards and mainly laughing at the delusion of that team from the swamp on Gator Tears. Y'all enjoy this off season distraction thread.

The horn/air raid idea is a good one, but it should be reserved for when the offense scores a TD on a drive after a turnover. The chain is different because only the playmaker gets to wear it and you see it 2-3 times per game. The siren (or another prop) would only come out when the offense capitalizes on a defensive turnover and scores a TD and Enos could choose the key player so it gets spread around (e.g. maybe a lineman gets a pancake block). Emphasizes that you don't get a cookie for kicking field goals or punting after the D makes a big play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Meanwhile...

FSU announces their counter...THE PUNT CHAIN. For every time that the Seminoles punt the ball...and there will be many...if the punt goes more than 10 yards there will be a celebration. Players will rush the field to bestow the new Punt Chain on a lucky recipient. The gleaming chain will be made of dry, stale noodles, onion rings, and Publix crab legs.

Just what FSU needs for motivation.

Make it like the Iron Throne, but in gold. Set it up with a ten foot marble base, with stairs leading up to it.

I could get behind that.
Nah, fam, I'm good with the OG chain, nothing more.

Besides, you go and build a ten foot marble staircase and one of our players is going to stumble and get hurt. Cleats and marble are a deadly combination.

Advertisement
IMO, the offensive prop is a really bad idea.

Really hope they scrap this, and just say it was all off-season fun and games.

Turnover chain is the best prop in football. It won't be possible to top it, IMO. And coming up with something on offense will be extra lame because of how legit the turnover chain is.

SOMEBODY get the message to Manny to shelve this. Plus, the build-up will only add to the failure.
facts, its getting boring already. All u need is the Turnover chain thats it nothing else

Not really on board with this concept for the offense...unless it is done or awarded in a manner that an offensive lineman can get it.

As mentioned before on defense all the guys have a chance to bask in the glory of the chain.

For it to not be cheapened or corny there has to be a way or somebody that decides who gets it. For example a great run for a TD is given to the lineman that made the block that sprung the big run sometimes. If it can be awarded in such a manner then there is legitimacy and value to the TD chain

What do I know?

Advertisement
Back