TOS: Where will new five-star Evan Neal end up?

I still think they will close well because at the end of the day its FSU. And its FSU with tons of playing time across the board.

I don't disagree. Having said that, Richt could use the same recruiting pitch at this point. But both have their separate problems - For Richt, you're going into year 4 and you're still selling early playing time. For Taggart, Jimbo had 4 and 5 star kids come, so how come you can't develop these guys? How do you get handed that roster and (potentially) not make a bowl game?

That's why Taggart was going to have the biggest microscope on him in year 1. Because he was handed a roster that just two years ago, won the Orange Bowl against Michigan.

Last year, Mullen took over a roster that only had 4-win seasons and nowhere near the talent that FSU has/had.

But we're in agreement overall about how recruiting's going to go this cycle. I'm just pointing out the flaws in Taggart's pitch and how his tenure won't be long-lived in Tallahassee.

Advertisement
Yeah, more and more signs point to this and that’s not even considering how ****** out on-field play is. All Saban has to do is say “look at Miami - they don’t have anyone who can develop OL - that position is a mess.” Case closed. Don’t matter if his entire family is canes

If I had to guess at the moment, from no info, I’d say bama. Because that’s what a logical 17 year old who wants to go in the first round would do. But I’m depending on a great mother, Ms. Neal, who’s been away from her baby boy through his formative years (idk how long he’s been at IMG) sitting him down after the OV in coral gables and pleading her case. Neal was a fat kid growing up and fat kids love their moms.

Don’t think we’re out of it.

Side note, if our staff has any recruiting ability they’d get Braylen ingraham on an official visit before he signs

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't disagree. Having said that, Richt could use the same recruiting pitch at this point. But both have their separate problems - For Richt, you're going into year 4 and you're still selling early playing time. For Taggart, Jimbo had 4 and 5 star kids come, so how come you can't develop these guys? How do you get handed that roster and (potentially) not make a bowl game?

That's why Taggart was going to have the biggest microscope on him in year 1. Because he was handed a roster that just two years ago, won the Orange Bowl against Michigan.

Last year, Mullen took over a roster that only had 4-win seasons and nowhere near the talent that FSU has/had.

But we're in agreement overall about how recruiting's going to go this cycle. I'm just pointing out the flaws in Taggart's pitch and how his tenure won't be long-lived in Tallahassee.

Taggart can easily reply back "I'm changing the Culture around here and I need you to be the guy to change it with me. You see all the Freshman that I recruited playing? Well I need you to come in and make that culture change with them."

Where's the evidence that Bama is such a great school for OL development? Most of their highly-drafted OL come in and start as freshman then plateau - Jonah Williams, Cam Robinson, Cyrus Kouandjio. This isn't Wisconsin we're talking about where they recruit big 3* kids, redshirt them and develop them into high draft picks. Or OSU which has a rich history of OL development and consistently churns out top guys. Bama has produced a lot of mediocre to bad NFL players like Chance Warmack, Cyrus Kouandjio, Ryan Kelly, Arie Kouandjio, etc. DJ Fluker is good now but he struggled for years coming out of Bama and only started developing in recent years with private OL coaching.

Bama has the same spotty track record as Miami in recent years so why are we giving them the benefit of the doubt?

Taggart can easily reply back "I'm changing the Culture around here and I need you to be the guy to change it with me. You see all the Freshman that I recruited playing? Well I need you to come in and make that culture change with them."

Again, I agree with you. I'm just pointing out the flaws in his pitches. And I'm fully aware that recruits are buying into this pitch.

Advertisement
Where's the evidence that Bama is such a great school for OL development? Most of their highly-drafted OL come in and start as freshman then plateau - Jonah Williams, Cam Robinson, Cyrus Kouandjio. This isn't Wisconsin we're talking about where they recruit big 3* kids, redshirt them and develop them into high draft picks. Or OSU which has a rich history of OL development and consistently churns out top guys. Bama has produced a lot of mediocre to bad NFL players like Chance Warmack, Cyrus Kouandjio, Ryan Kelly, Arie Kouandjio, etc. DJ Fluker is good now but he struggled for years coming out of Bama and only started developing in recent years with private OL coaching.

Bama has the same spotty track record as Miami in recent years so why are we giving them the benefit of the doubt?

Because these guys are still going into the league, and some of them are being drafted in the 1st/2nd round.

How many Miami oline have been drafted in the first 4 rounds the past 3 years and how many Alabama oline have been drafted in the first 4 rounds the past 3 years? How many current starters does searles have in the nfl and how many does Alabama’s oline coach have? That’s what Neal is looking at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami is like that average looking girl who acts like she’s a 10 and is terrible at giving head and wonders why the captain of the football team wants nothing to do with her.

Well Alabama OL coach has sent 3 total players to the NFL draft over his 8 seasons as an OL coach. He coached Cam Robinson for one year at Bama, he had a 3rd round pick at UCF, and a 6th round pick at Bama last year.

Advertisement

You're overthinking it. You think Neal will take the time to analyze Jonah Williams' path as a football player? No, all he'll see is what round he's drafted in and if they're playing in the pros.

How many Miami oline have been drafted in the first 4 rounds the past 3 years and how many Alabama oline have been drafted in the first 4 rounds the past 3 years? How many current starters does searles have in the nfl and how many does Alabama’s oline coach have? That’s what Neal is looking at.

You're overthinking it. You think Neal will take the time to analyze Jonah Williams' path as a football player? No, all he'll see is what round he's drafted in and if they're playing in the pros.

I said why are we giving them the benefit of the doubt. Recruits will believe what they want to believe but I don't wanna see Canes fans hyping up Bama's OL development without evidence.

fwiw Bama had 0 OL drafted last year and Neal will sign before the 2019 draft obviously. Miami had the same number of OL drafted in 2017 (1) as well with Isidora starting last night for the Vikes.

Hard to fight a false narrative when you're losing to UVA and BC though.

I said why are we giving them the benefit of the doubt. Recruits will believe what they want to believe but I don't wanna see Canes fans hyping up Bama's OL development without evidence.

fwiw Bama had 0 OL drafted last year and Neal will sign before the 2019 draft obviously. Miami had the same number of OL drafted in 2017 (1) as well with Isidora starting last night for the Vikes.

Good points. We, and recruits, give them the benefit of the doubt because they win every year and Nick Saban is Nick Saban.

The bolded is and has been our biggest problem for the past 15 years. Moreover, those UVA & BC losses will hurt us in 2020 more than this year

Advertisement

If you're Miami, you can't say with a straight face that we produce OL and then list guys like Seantrel, Isidora, Feliciano, et al. Saban can at least argue that his staff has been there 10+ years and has produced all these OL.

that said, yeah, agree. Makes it that much harder to fight a false narrative.

Advertisement

Are they developing talent, though, or just bringing in 3-4 of the top OL every recruiting season? Seems like it's pretty easy to "develop talent" when you have the most talent to start with.

But as stated above, it's hard to push argument when we're losing to the UVAs and BCs of the world.

Here is a fact that might surprise some people.

Former OL who started games this year in the NFL:

Alabama: 6
Miami: 5

Alabama has more consistent starters, but none of them are world beaters. Brandon Linder is by far the best player in the group.

I guess you didn't read what his family member put out there.

His family member can say what thy want to save face... they can be Miami fans from a distance, chasing that bag is a business decision.

I’m sure Josh Jobe and Jerry Jeudy are still “Miami fans” also.

Advertisement
Back