TOS article Randy Melvin strong DL candidate

Heals85

Freshman
Per 24/7 about FIU DL coach emerging as a strong candidate for DL coach has ties to Golden from days at Temple. I just threw up in my mouth a little after hearing on the Temple staff in 09'
IMO NO THANK YOU

"The University of Miami is searching for a new defensive line coach after Jethro Franklin left UM to take the same job with the Oakland Raiders.

One candidate the Hurricanes are eyeing is Florida International's current defensive line coach, Randy Melvin.

Melvin, who is 55, has been the defensive line coach at FIU for one season. Previous to taking the FIU job, Melvin was the defensive line coach on Greg Schiano's staff with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Melvin has a tie to current Miami head coach Al Golden as he was a part of his coaching staff at Temple in 2009. Melvin played a part in the development of Temple defensive tackle Muhammad Wilkerson, who went on to become a first round draft pick by the New York Jets.

Melvin has also been the defensive line coach at Rutgers, the Cleveland Browns, and the New England Patriots throughout his career."

Advertisement
Freakin' Muhammad Wilkerson. I've never seen a single kid justify so many corches existences since TY Hilton fell into the lap of the FIU corches. Every once in a while a blind squirrel finds a friggin nut...

Please no more Temple guys. Must be Kevin Patrick or bust, great recruiter and coach, we need to make this DL tougher and that's what Kevin is known for.

Jethro 2.0 between the Bucs & Temple his resume is practically identical.

I mean this guy was part of the staff that had their best pass rusher Gerald McCoy occupying blocks on stupid quick TEX stunts that got no pressure. The staff that thought Michael Bennett was a backup and not worth re-signing for cheap. The staff that led a historically bad pass defense that couldn't get after the QB despite multiple high draft picks.

He'd fit right in on Golden's staff. tl;dr see post above

Advertisement
That makes since! That way we don't lose anyone important after we can him next year! Plus it will fit right into place, players will flip out on him because they want Kb and get some dude from FIU...plus no bridges burnt from hiring a HS coach knowing its a one yr gig

All I took from that piece blah blah blah.... TEMPLE?..... Do not want

Advertisement
This guy only coached at Temple for 1 year in 2009. Golden would be nuts to hire this guy over Kevin Patrick.

Randy Melvin FIU bio
http://www.fiusports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=7&path=football

Go Canes

Paranos why would Golden hire Patrick who is the complete opposite to him when it comes to DL play.Patrick likes to play aggressive and attack the QB.Golden hates that approach and would be constantly butting heads with Patrick during games.

Who cares? The new hire will have nothing to do with talent or scheme. And he'll be here less than a year.

Advertisement
this would prove him to be the ultimate insecure control freak. keep in mind, these sites are always wrong.

Advertisement
We won't get anyone this board would like. N big name would come to coach for lame ducks like Golden and Onofrio.

No only do I not want any other Temple coach like this dude, but I also now no longer want Greg as HC just because he hired a Temple **** at the Bucks.

Advertisement
Back