TOS article Randy Melvin strong DL candidate

Advertisement
The guy's resume looks good. Any other time, I would be pumped about the prospect of him getting the job, but the the mere mention of Temple makes me hope like **** that he isn't hired.

Face it, guys, it's the only type of candidate that would take a job here. I don't even think KP would work for a lame duck coach intractable coach like Al

Advertisement
If golden doesnt hire Kareem, he'll lose the team before the season even starts.

******* rediclous.

The guy's resume looks good. Any other time, I would be pumped about the prospect of him getting the job, but the the mere mention of Temple makes me hope like **** that he isn't hired.

Great resume? So why is he working at glorious FIU?

Advertisement
Another Temple coach...makes me want to go and renew my season tickets, oh wait. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If golden doesnt hire Kareem, he'll lose the team before the season even starts.

****ing rediclous.

And if he does hire Kareem he'll lose the team week 7 or so...just like ******* clockwork.

big ******* deal.

Where's Butch Davis already?

Advertisement

He was fired from Tampa Bay and he had some talent there.

Advertisement
I'm not sure why anyone is surprised with this.

Since Golden knows they are all getting fired next year anyway (or if they have a good record, they are leaving on their own), he would rather go down with his own men who he is comfortable with, rather than have a system and style he doesn't believe in (and coaches who would coach it) foisted on him. It's all about pride and ego at this point.

It's sad but predictable. The tragedy in this is that for a football coach, Golden is a very, very bright man. He isn't the typical meathead that you'd find in this profession. He's obviously a very intelligent person (even taking into account that much if what he says is PR shticks), but smart folks can still be susceptible to basic human failings like pride, ego, rigidity, desire to prove you are right even in the face of incontrovertible facts, etc.

If this guy would just go back and LISTEN to what he himself said in his opening PC about "players not plays" and not alienating local HSs, he'd see the path out of his own misery. He laid it out himself. He just won't do what he said he'd do. The ultimate irony.

Last edited:
Why yall taking itu word for anything like its a done deal? They don't have sources man...

This guy only coached at Temple for 1 year in 2009. Golden would be nuts to hire this guy over Kevin Patrick.

Randy Melvin FIU bio
http://www.fiusports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=7&path=football

Go Canes

Paranos why would Golden hire Patrick who is the complete opposite to him when it comes to DL play.Patrick likes to play aggressive and attack the QB.Golden hates that approach and would be constantly butting heads with Patrick during games.

Because he can bring an aggressive approach to AGs system. Plus he can probably teach pass rush moves better than Jethro or Melvin

Advertisement
Back