Topps and Fanatics partner with Miami for first EVER NIL trading card program

Advertisement
Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited about this. But didn’t they sign a similar deal with like 100 schools?

Advertisement

AND THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING! WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE WHAT IS NEXT!! 🧡💚

Next you and @Dwinstitles are having Kirby and Saban for dinner???

3966DD9C-777E-4398-9C85-97234F68F0CD.gif

Trading Cards for collegiate athletes is not only dope AF from a collector’s standpoint, but also ingenious in terms of creating a potential market & generating future commerce for the athletes down the line.

Smart move by Miami & everyone involved behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Believe it's 35 schools initially, mostly P5's.

I'm partially wrong. There are partnerships with 100+ schools but only 35 or so are multiyear exclusive deals.

"Topps has also secured multiyear exclusive rights with more than 35 colleges, which include the majority of Power 5 conference schools. Beginning as early as 2023, the list will include Georgia, Kentucky, Miami, Oregon and Wisconsin. Some entering in 2025 are Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Kansas, LSU, Penn State, Tennessee and Texas A&M."

Trading Cards for collegiate athletes is not only dope AF from a collector’s standpoint, but also ingenious in terms of creating a potential market & generating future commerce for the athletes down the line.

Smart move by Miami & everyone involved behind the scenes.

I don’t know why, maybe reverting back to when I was a kid, but I just love this. The whole idea of trading cards, I haven’t thought about that for a long time, really since I was a kid.

It has potential for some nice and steady income for these athletes over their college career, which is really the most important part.

I'm partially wrong. There are partnerships with 100+ schools but only 35 or so are multiyear exclusive deals.

"Topps has also secured multiyear exclusive rights with more than 35 colleges, which include the majority of Power 5 conference schools. Beginning as early as 2023, the list will include Georgia, Kentucky, Miami, Oregon and Wisconsin. Some entering in 2025 are Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Kansas, LSU, Penn State, Tennessee and Texas A&M."
Ahhhh okay I stand corrected. That's actually a pretty **** good deal for us.

No Florida or FSU involved for another 3 years. Super legit!

Advertisement
I don’t know why, maybe reverting back to when I was a kid, but I just love this. The whole idea of trading cards, I haven’t thought about that for a long time, really since I was a kid.

It has potential for some nice and steady income for these athletes over their college career, which is really the most important part.
The trading card market has boomed lately. Once Miami gets some nationally recognized players their cards will be worth a lot of money.

Advertisement
I still have a significant portion of my card collection as a kid. The prize was/is a Jerry Rice rookie card. It’s not in good shape, but he was my favorite player.

I would’ve given an arm to have been able to collect college football cards. This is incredibly cool.

When I first heard of NIL my first thought was trading cards for CFB athletes. A limited-edition Sean Taylor from the FSU rain game? Yes, please!

Advertisement
Back