Topps and Fanatics partner with Miami for first EVER NIL trading card program

Advertisement
I'm going to miss Panini's designs tho tbh.
Compress_20220610_182229_9076.jpg

What did they make that gum out of, cardboard? It seemed to have the same consistency.

Real talk; when I was growing up, teeth falling out, my sure fire way to get that tooth out quick & efficiently was that card gum. Chit was bricks. Saliva could not break that down, real strong jawlines only.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t know why, maybe reverting back to when I was a kid, but I just love this. The whole idea of trading cards, I haven’t thought about that for a long time, really since I was a kid.

It has potential for some nice and steady income for these athletes over their college career, which is really the most important part.
To think about the
Willie May's
Tom Seaver
Clemente
Brooks Robinson
Johnny Bench cards I had on the spokes of my bicycle (some rookie) makes me cringe...

Advertisement
Be a lot cooler if the gators didn't announce the same thing yesterday. But alas, very cool, will help, all the good stuff. Would've just been nice to have this all to ourselves and watch the dip****s to the north cry more.
At least that means we don't have to listen to any made up, but popular, cheating accusations.

Real talk; when I was growing up, teeth falling out, my sure fire way to get that tooth out quick & efficiently was that card gum. Chit was bricks. Saliva could not break that down, real strong jawlines only.

I think they still make that gum - and it's used in Class III and Class IV ballistic vests.

Only collected Cal Ripken Jr. baseball cards, being my favorite player growing up, I have over 600 of them, some are multiples of the same card but mostly single, autographed jersey cards, die cut cards, a lot of different varieties. The Rochester Red Wings card is the one I want but has alluded me over the years. I have photographic memory of the cards and can tell what cards I don’t have. Bought most of them when I lived with my parents growing up, so that slowed down when I grew older. Do have a Jeter rookie card as well as the Topps Gold Ichiro rookie card as well as several others.

Advertisement
This will be sweet. The Topps MLB and Star Wars card apps are fantastic. Now I can collect the Canes? Can we get a vintage Bumblebee card or two? 😎

This will be sweet. The Topps MLB and Star Wars card apps are fantastic. Now I can collect the Canes? Can we get a vintage Bumblebee card or two? 😎
Agreed I used to be pretty active on topps huddle, now all my stuff is physical basically just former canes. If they did a digital college app I’d be on that though, takes up way less space

Advertisement
Yea but the difference is that **** collection will be a set of criminals with number 1 card being Aaron Hernandez….

I’ll actually be very interested to see how this NIL thing works.

Panini extended their exclusive deal with the CLC in 2020 and I doubt it was just a two year extension.

How will Fanatics/Topps be able to circumvent this?

I’ll actually be very interested to see how this NIL thing works.

Panini extended their exclusive deal with the CLC in 2020 and I doubt it was just a two year extension.

How will Fanatics/Topps be able to circumvent this?

Players under NIL mem/autos be exclusive to Fanatics/Topps. Like Lebron and UD. RN Panini has the rights to use logos and direct team colors. Where Topps right now can only use sanitized uniforms. It's a dumb concept, but money runs it, like all things. I'm not that excited that Topps is taking over some of these licenses due to their typical designs and cardstock choices, but Panini's CS and QA are insufferable.

Advertisement
Back