Top ten

Do you have any numbers to back this up? I know there are guys on the board that have analyzed this, but I've still never heard a real number mentioned. I know part of that is because of Early Enrollees and stuff like that, but my understanding is we took 22 guys last year:

1. Jeremiah Payton - EE
2. Zion Nelson - EE
3. Jahfari Harvey - EE
4. KJ Osborn - EE
5. Tate Martell - EE
6. Tommy Kennedy - EE
7. Asa Martin - EE
8. Keontra Smith
9. Sam Brooks
10. TeCory Couch
11. Chigozie Nnoruka
12. Larry Hodges
13. Louis Hedley
14. Jakai Clark
15. Adam El Gammal
16. Avery Huff
17. Cam Williams
18. Jalar Holley
19. Jared Harrison-Hunte
20. Bubba Bolden
21. Trevon Hill
22. Ousman Traore

Can somebody clear up the rules on initial counters and stuff and give us a number that we can expect to sign this year?
@calinative umstudent seems to understand counters.

Advertisement
@calinative umstudent seems to understand counters.

Thank you, hope he comes through. Again, I know there's specific rules about Early Enrollees where you can count some of them into the prior year's class, but then you have to keep track of classes going back a few years. We obviously have space in terms of the total 85 scholarships, but the 25 initial counter rule always stumps me

After a couple of commits following Manny Diaz’s first paradise camp, the 2020 class is almost 80% full, based on a 25 recruit class, and spots are filing up fast. To me a recruit wouldn’t commit publicly unless the coaches really thought he deserved a scholarship and with that I know based on our season goes this class can go two different ways. Much like most recruiting seasons, I can see us losing 2/3 commits between now and February, so I would say there are about ten spots left give or take. Based on what the boards looks like today, who would be your realistic, not dream, class prediction for the last ten spots?

1. Isiah Walker
2. Henry Parrish
3. Dazalin Worsham
4. Jonathan Dennis
5. Tirek Austin-Cave
6. Romello Height
7. Avantee Williams
8. Ladarius Tennison
9. Jaylin Hyatt
10. Westley Neal

Darnell Washington or Justin Flowe would just be icing on the cake.

We gotta take care of the trenches; sure up that OL & create future QUALITY depth & comp for that DL. We also need one program changer; would love Flowe. At TE I’m not concerned, but Flowe would not only send a msg, but he’ll be a Ray Lewis type leader. Him & Nest = 🙏🏾 for opposing players

Advertisement
We gotta take care of the trenches; sure up that OL & create future QUALITY depth & comp for that DL. We also need one program changer; would love Flowe. At TE I’m not concerned, but Flowe would not only send a msg, but he’ll be a Ray Lewis type leader. Him & Nest = 🙏🏾 for opposing players
Flowe is the player I believe we land if we have a really good season. Could you imagine him behind our dline? Esp next years front, boy!

Advertisement
Flowe is the player I believe we land if we have a really good season. Could you imagine him behind our dline? Esp next years front, boy!

Don’t do it to me! Lol. I’ve been on Flowe for a minute. I’m not saying he’s a can’t miss product, but just hearing about his work ethic & pure love for the sport, he might be as close as a can’t miss prospect in a min

Don’t do it to me! Lol. I’ve been on Flowe for a minute. I’m not saying he’s a can’t miss product, but just hearing about his work ethic & pure love for the sport, he might be as close as a can’t miss prospect in a min
I think of Ray, Luke Kuechly, Urlacher, Brooks, etc as elite linebackers and how they elevated a defense, I believe he has the potential to be that type of player. An absolute difference maker. Idc if we buy him his on personal jet, get him here haha

I think of Ray, Luke Kuechly, Urlacher, Brooks, etc as elite linebackers and how they elevated a defense, I believe he has the potential to be that type of player. An absolute difference maker. Idc if we buy him his on personal jet, get him here haha

With u 1000%; and if I win the Lotto......oh he will be here. Lol

Advertisement
Doubt we can take ten more with 19 committed.
But I'll would love this ten.

1. Donell Harris
2. Darnell Washington
3. Jaylan Knighton
4. Issiah Walker
5. Ladarius Tennison
6. Jonathan Denis
7. Westley Neal
8. Austin Cave
9. Mookie Cooper
10 Dazalin Worsham
if we land even 60% of that 10, this staff will have absolutely hit a moon shot homerun!!

Advertisement
I know we aren’t getting 10 of them but it’s very likely we get 5. Players 3-6 are very likely to commit within the next several weeks which would give us 4 from the list. Not unreasonable to assume we pick up 1 more from that list especially with Parrish and Neal on it.

Let me ask you this (2 part question)...with 19 commits (well soon to be 20 with Height), would you still take the other remaining 4-5 you expect to pick up OOOOORR.....would you slow play it and allow the season to play out and bank on, on field success leading to more highly coveted recruits to come on board?

2nd question, out of that list posted in the OP, how many guys of that 10 are automatic takes RIGHT NOW and which ones would you slow play in hopes that better options come along as the season plays out?

You're not getting all ten of these guys and more than likely not getting 5 of them. Not being a troll, but you KNOW how funny acting recruits are.

Focus more so on creating BALANCE (as you did with your remaining ten want list) than "names" and player rankings. It'll make following recruiting much easier

This isn't a gatorfanseth pipe dream that he puts up on 247 every week. Legit 4 of those guys will most likely commit to us in the next few weeks.

Those guys are at a position of need and that's what this staff is focusing on instead of star chasing. If we get those 4 then I think they will go hard after Walker whose recruitment I don't believe is over and had us a close 2nd or Tennison who very much like a Miami.

But you never know what other name could emerge later on as is the beauty of recruiting these days

This isn't a gatorfanseth pipe dream that he puts up on 247 every week. Legit 4 of those guys will most likely commit to us in the next few weeks.

Those guys are at a position of need and that's what this staff is focusing on instead of star chasing. If we get those 4 then I think they will go hard after Walker whose recruitment I don't believe is over and had us a close 2nd or Tennison who very much like a Miami.

But you never know what other name could emerge later on as is the beauty of recruiting these days

let me ask you then what i was asking another poster a few post above.....

Let me ask you this (2 part question)...with 19 commits (well soon to be 20 with Height), would you still take the other remaining 4-5 you expect to pick up OOOOORR.....would you slow play it and allow the season to play out and bank on, on field success leading to more highly coveted recruits to come on board?

2nd question, out of that list posted in the OP, how many guys of that 10 are automatic takes RIGHT NOW and which ones would you slow play in hopes that better options come along as the season plays out?

Advertisement
Back