Top ten

Advertisement
We’d take 9/10. No westley neal, after height we are pretty full on DL. Although I think a lot here would swap Neal for one of our current dt commits.

That would fill out the class but with top OL prospects and a great DL haul I think most here would be happy.

If you’re talking about the 4 we expect to land soon, they are all big takes at positions of need. OG and lb are needs and we are high on both prospects. Only ? Might be the bama wr recommit.
Somebody needs to let Tyreic Martin know that UAB or S. Alabama would be a great place to wrap up his college career. Westley Neal should never be on the outside looking in when we have quality depth(although kinda young) and a literal non-contributor like Martin using a scholly that we can give to Neal...

Do you actually think he sticks? In your opinion from what you’ve said about him he’s too good for Rutgers right?

Not sure...but these kids rack up a bunch of verbal offers, and they just keep adding them but not actually focusing on the school, etc. Then other commit to the schools and the colleges board shuffles, etc.

I think Maryland, Georgia Tech, Louisville is where he was leaning. But its the time to lock in position/spot.

Im not sure how much UM pushed even though they offered early. Dont think his Miami offer was commitable.

Advertisement
Somebody needs to let Tyreic Martin know that UAB or S. Alabama would be a great place to wrap up his college career. Westley Neal should never be on the outside looking in when we have quality depth(although kinda young) and a literal non-contributor like Martin using a scholly that we can give to Neal...

Asa Martin is no longer on the roster and Tyriec Martin is gone after this year. They clearly don’t have room for Neal right now. There are still some others that may be pushed out after this year that frees up a spot for him, but it will be really late in the process if he gets a chance.

Last edited:
Martin is no longer on the roster and Martin is gone after this year. They clearly don’t have room for Neal right now. There are still some others that may be pushed out after this year that frees up a spot for him, but it will be really late in the process if he gets a chance.

I still think one or two of our DL commits don't end up in this class. And thus that there will be room for Neal.

**** that was bad by me, thank you. I think some of our early enrollee counts for the prior years class, just not sure how many. Either way that makes 26 total signees.

1. Jeremiah Payton - EE
2. Zion Nelson - EE
3. Jahfari Harvey - EE
4. KJ Osborn - EE
5. Tate Martell - EE
6. Tommy Kennedy - EE
7. Asa Martin - EE
8. Keontra Smith
9. Sam Brooks
10. TeCory Couch
11. Chigozie Nnoruka
12. Larry Hodges
13. Louis Hedley
14. Jakai Clark
15. Adam El Gammal
16. Avery Huff
17. Cam Williams
18. Jalar Holley
19. Jared Harrison-Hunte
20. Bubba Bolden
21. Trevon Hill
22. Ousman Traore
23. Peyton Matocha
24. Jason Blisset
25. Jaelan Phillips
26. Christian Williams
I'm not sure exactly how many EE's/transfers can be back counted but it's probably 2 or 3 for 2019...
So we have 26 IC's used for the 2019 class, that means we potentially 1-2 more IC's available this year or for players in the 2020 class to be backcounted. And right now we're at 82 scholarships (I assume we're going to apply Asa Martins scholarship to a Walk On which wont count as an IC) with 14 seniors. That means no matter what we can sign min of 17 and max of 26 or 27 for the 2020 class. The only question is how many non seniors leave.

^ I'm not a counter like DerekDohrman. But I think you're right. 18 to hit the 85 max, 27 to hit the 2019/2020 class maxes. I think 26/27 is the right number to target. We'll have a few juniors going pro (Garvin, Thomas and Dallas), and a handful of transfers (T Martin, Dykstra, Polendy, a QB, etc.). We also have the long snapper and Few on scholarship. We'll find the room to be able to hit the 27 class maxes.

Advertisement
Based on what they've shown to date, Hodges, Anaele and Riggins would be guys I'd strongly consider dropping. I'm higher on Washington then most although I'm sure he'd be a popular name on most people's drop list
Bump

Advertisement
Back