Top ten

Hurricane Hero

Recruit
After a couple of commits following Manny Diaz’s first paradise camp, the 2020 class is almost 80% full, based on a 25 recruit class, and spots are filing up fast. To me a recruit wouldn’t commit publicly unless the coaches really thought he deserved a scholarship and with that I know based on our season goes this class can go two different ways. Much like most recruiting seasons, I can see us losing 2/3 commits between now and February, so I would say there are about ten spots left give or take. Based on what the boards looks like today, who would be your realistic, not dream, class prediction for the last ten spots?

1. Isiah Walker
2. Henry Parrish
3. Dazalin Worsham
4. Jonathan Dennis
5. Tirek Austin-Cave
6. Romello Height
7. Avantee Williams
8. Ladarius Tennison
9. Jaylin Hyatt
10. Westley Neal

Darnell Washington or Justin Flowe would just be icing on the cake.

Advertisement
You're not getting all ten of these guys and more than likely not getting 5 of them. Not being a troll, but you KNOW how funny acting recruits are.

Focus more so on creating BALANCE (as you did with your remaining ten want list) than "names" and player rankings. It'll make following recruiting much easier

1 is unlikely and committed elsewhere.
2 is unlikely, committed elsewhere, and ****ed that we didn'tlet him commit.
7 isn't coming - diaper prices are nothing to laugh at.
8 has been worked by the staff, but still an uphill climb to get him back in this class and recommits remain rare.

I'd say the other 6 are at least very realistic or, even, likely.

Edit: Probably no spot for Neal. Things can change. Recruiting is fluid. But someone else may need to get booted for him to have a spot.

You're not getting all ten of these guys and more than likely not getting 5 of them. Not being a troll, but you KNOW how funny acting recruits are.

Focus more so on creating BALANCE (as you did with your remaining ten want list) than "names" and player rankings. It'll make following recruiting much easier

Go away, nobody cares what you think we should focus on

I know we aren’t getting 10 of them but it’s very likely we get 5. Players 3-6 are very likely to commit within the next several weeks which would give us 4 from the list. Not unreasonable to assume we pick up 1 more from that list especially with Parrish and Neal on it.

Advertisement
After a couple of commits following Manny Diaz’s first paradise camp, the 2020 class is almost 80% full, based on a 25 recruit class, and spots are filing up fast. To me a recruit wouldn’t commit publicly unless the coaches really thought he deserved a scholarship and with that I know based on our season goes this class can go two different ways. Much like most recruiting seasons, I can see us losing 2/3 commits between now and February, so I would say there are about ten spots left give or take. Based on what the boards looks like today, who would be your realistic, not dream, class prediction for the last ten spots?

1. Isiah Walker
2. Henry Parrish
3. Dazalin Worsham
4. Jonathan Dennis
5. Tirek Austin-Cave
6. Romello Height
7. Avantee Williams
8. Ladarius Tennison
9. Jaylin Hyatt
10. Westley Neal

We are currently at 19 commits after Q Williams committed this week. We would need to lose 4 recruits from current commits to open up 10 spots.

We are currently at 19 commits after Q Williams committed this week. We would need to lose 4 recruits from current commits to open up 10 spots.
Based on what they've shown to date, Hodges, Anaele and Riggins would be guys I'd strongly consider dropping. I'm higher on Washington then most although I'm sure he'd be a popular name on most people's drop list

On principle I agree with you, but in terms of this particular list 4 of those 10 are done deals. Worsham, Austin-Cave, Dennis, and Height are coming. So that would only mean 1 more to get 5 of them. Feel you on the balance though there are certainly positions of need that are greater than others to balance the roster right now

Advertisement
Based on what they've shown to date, Hodges, Anaele and Riggins would be guys I'd strongly consider dropping. I'm higher on Washington then most although I'm sure he'd be a popular name on most people's drop list

According to popular opinion, Those appear the most likely candidates to not end up in this class but I don’t think the staff drops anyone until they’ve seen them play a few games this year. Wouldn’t surprise me to see some of those kids stay and wouldn’t surprise me to see a kid not mentioned above decommit.

1. Isiah Walker
2. Henry Parrish
3. Dazalin Worsham
4. Jonathan Dennis
5. Tirek Austin-Cave
6. Romello Height
7. Avantee Williams
8. Ladarius Tennison
9. Jaylin Hyatt
10. Westley Neal

I could see us getting 3-6 with an option on 10. I think the rest of the names go more to dream than realistic at this point.

Doubt we can take ten more with 19 committed.
But I'll would love this ten.

1. Donell Harris
2. Darnell Washington
3. Jaylan Knighton
4. Issiah Walker
5. Ladarius Tennison
6. Jonathan Denis
7. Westley Neal
8. Austin Cave
9. Mookie Cooper
10 Dazalin Worsham

Advertisement
1 is unlikely and committed elsewhere.
2 is unlikely, committed elsewhere, and ****ed that we didn'tlet him commit.
7 isn't coming - diaper prices are nothing to laugh at.
8 has been worked by the staff, but still an uphill climb to get him back in this class and recommits remain rare.

I'd say the other 6 are at least very realistic or, even, likely.

Edit: Probably no spot for Neal. Things can change. Recruiting is fluid. But someone else may need to get booted for him to have a spot.

Agreed about Avantae and Tennison. But there are some guys on CiS who aren't necessarily insiders, but they aren't exactly your everyday average poster, who think that we have a good chance of landing Issiah Walker. Then DMoney is optimistic about Parrish (he's generally optimistic about a lot of guys, but he has a good history overall). I also agree about Westley Neal, i love his enthusiasm for the Canes. but he's probably not gonna get that real offer.

It feels like we are definitely getting Worsham, Austin-Cave and Height, and Hyatt is gonna go the distance. But I think another guy that is worth mentioning is Brian Balom. By all accounts, he showed out during Paradise Camp and is a legitimate candidate to have a big senior year and get in this class

Advertisement
I think we have room for 27, but I might be wrong.

Do you have any numbers to back this up? I know there are guys on the board that have analyzed this, but I've still never heard a real number mentioned. I know part of that is because of Early Enrollees and stuff like that, but my understanding is we took 22 guys last year:

1. Jeremiah Payton - EE
2. Zion Nelson - EE
3. Jahfari Harvey - EE
4. KJ Osborn - EE
5. Tate Martell - EE
6. Tommy Kennedy - EE
7. Asa Martin - EE
8. Keontra Smith
9. Sam Brooks
10. TeCory Couch
11. Chigozie Nnoruka
12. Larry Hodges
13. Louis Hedley
14. Jakai Clark
15. Adam El Gammal
16. Avery Huff
17. Cam Williams
18. Jalar Holley
19. Jared Harrison-Hunte
20. Bubba Bolden
21. Trevon Hill
22. Ousman Traore

Can somebody clear up the rules on initial counters and stuff and give us a number that we can expect to sign this year?

Do you have any numbers to back this up? I know there are guys on the board that have analyzed this, but I've still never heard a real number mentioned. I know part of that is because of Early Enrollees and stuff like that, but my understanding is we took 22 guys last year:

1. Jeremiah Payton - EE
2. Zion Nelson - EE
3. Jahfari Harvey - EE
4. KJ Osborn - EE
5. Tate Martell - EE
6. Tommy Kennedy - EE
7. Asa Martin - EE
8. Keontra Smith
9. Sam Brooks
10. TeCory Couch
11. Chigozie Nnoruka
12. Larry Hodges
13. Louis Hedley
14. Jakai Clark
15. Adam El Gammal
16. Avery Huff
17. Cam Williams
18. Jalar Holley
19. Jared Harrison-Hunte
20. Bubba Bolden
21. Trevon Hill
22. Ousman Traore

Can somebody clear up the rules on initial counters and stuff and give us a number that we can expect to sign this year?

Don’t know how it works but your missing Blisset, Christian Williams, Matocha and Phillips

Don’t know how it works but your missing Blisset, Christian Williams, Matocha and Phillips

**** that was bad by me, thank you. I think some of our early enrollee counts for the prior years class, just not sure how many. Either way that makes 26 total signees.

1. Jeremiah Payton - EE
2. Zion Nelson - EE
3. Jahfari Harvey - EE
4. KJ Osborn - EE
5. Tate Martell - EE
6. Tommy Kennedy - EE
7. Asa Martin - EE
8. Keontra Smith
9. Sam Brooks
10. TeCory Couch
11. Chigozie Nnoruka
12. Larry Hodges