Top ten 2021 mention for our boy Rrrrrrousseau

Al Golden (who sucked) is a 10 times better HC than Mandy, who was by far the worst recruiter on Richt’s staff of ****** recruiters.

Those LBs he inherited were better than anything he has recruited since showing up in 2016.

When those guys flashed as freshmen, everyone thought they would definitely be top 3 round picks by the time they left, especially staying till their Sr year, but this staff has proven that they are absolutely horrible at developing these kids.

You seem to want to bash Diaz's recruiting and defensive performance, but it really doesn't work because the results don't back it up.

Diaz has consistently had top-15 ranked defenses since he's been here. If development was "absolutely horrible" that wouldn't happen. You're trying to bash Diaz but it's actually more of a compliment so you have to resort to childish things like "4&17"

The lack of high draft picks has nothing to do with results. It has everything to do with 1. lack of elite athletes and 2. guys leaving too early. We haven't got the Kenny Phillips of the country anymore. And someone like Garvin doesn't leave early at Alabama or LSU.

Rousseau is different though, even you might be able to admit that

Advertisement
I can't imagine how miserable a person you must be if pointing to a single play in 1 game is some sort of validation.

Kirby Smart must suck then because of 2nd and 26....according to your logic anyways.
That was just one game losing play given up along with many others this season...

Was just absolutely ridiculous and the perfect example of how we are nowhere close to this elite defense that so many on here think b/c of the fluffed stats against mostly garbage, but can’t stop an offense with a pulse ever.

Advertisement
That was just one game losing play given up along with many others this season...

Was just absolutely ridiculous and the perfect example of how we are nowhere close to this elite defense that so many on here think b/c of the fluffed stats against mostly garbage, but can’t stop an offense with a pulse ever.

Lmao.

Unpopular Opinion: Greg wins with length/motor and has not shown any advanced pass rushing moves that would warrant a first round selection....

Y’all don’t want to hear that but it’s the truth and the case was exactly the same with our last two DE’s who were rising players Jon Garvin and Joe Jackson. They all won with speed/length/motor when they burst into the scene. Once teams took notice they didn’t win very many 1 on 1’s that you typically see from a round 1 pick... ie, stun a tackle with speed to power, straight fool them with a pass rushing move or advanced counter hand techniques.

Greg legit got maybe half of his sacks from DT which he will not be doing in the league so.... lets pump the breaks on the round 1 pick discussion.

Advertisement
Greg tried to participate in the combine THIS year.. That boy is coasting all 2020..
How does coasting help? Does it reduce the risk of injury? The answer is "no".

Does it hurt your production/stats? Yes.

Does it diminish you in the eyes of pro scouts? Yes.

Does it impact your draft position? Yes.

I don't recall any of our great DL from the 80s-early 2000s ever coasting. They were the complete opposite -- high motor, ferocious competitors that became Miami legends and, in many cases, first round picks. The high motor, relentless approached worked really well for them so why not now?

Manny needs to have the balls to bench players that coast. Garvin should have been benched last year when he was going through the motions. That would have lit a fire under his a@@ as he wouldn't have been drafted at all if he was riding the pine. We need to have the quality depth to be able to do that & coaches willing to send a message (produce at a high level or ride the pine -- regardless of how big your name has become).

Last edited:
I can't imagine how miserable a person you must be if pointing to a single play in 1 game is some sort of validation.

Kirby Smart must suck then because of 2nd and 26....according to your logic anyways.

I usually don’t chime in to petty chit like this, but UGA gave up a 2nd & 26 to Bama, u know the eventual National Champs? It was a 5 star QB completing a 41 yrd TD pass to a 5 star WR. There’s no comparison or a reason to compare us giving up a 4th & 17 to a team, on paper, we greatly overmatched. It’s literally an apples & oranges comparison.

I usually don’t chime in to petty chit like this, but UGA gave up a 2nd & 26 to Bama, u know the eventual National Champs? It was a 5 star QB completing a 41 yrd TD pass to a 5 star WR. There’s no comparison or a reason to compare us giving up a 4th & 17 to a team, on paper, we greatly overmatched. It’s literally an apples & oranges comparison.

It's not even close to an apples to oranges comparison. At the end of the day it was still just one play made by a great individual talent at a certain point in a game.

Howell is a fantastic young player who is going to be a major problem going forward at UNC. That kid, a Top 5 QB in college football next year, made a great play against a good defense at a key moment in a game, just like Tua did.

Last edited:
Rousseau is a talent, no doubt. But for once I'd like to see a player continually progress during his Miami career. It always seems like our players flash the most their first year at Miami then don't progress at all, or even regress.
True true

Still Rousseau didn’t seem to dominate last year for any other reason than he’s just a dominant player. Garvin for example got everyone excited because he would come in once in a while and make a big play. Rousseau for a young skinny kid made plays in both the run and pass game no matter what the situation

But I still wholeheartedly agree with you. Just seems to be our MO.

Advertisement
Rousseau is a more gifted athlete than Jackson or Garvin. His ceiling is higher regardless of his production in 2020. (Unless he gets hurt) History tells us guys with huge sack numbers rarely repeat the production the following year simply because they draw more attention from the opponent. I would be shocked to see Greg get another 15 sacks this year. However, he’s going to take a lot of attention away from Roche, Phillips and the rest of the line.

Greg has the athletic profile the nfl wants. Those coaches are very concerned with the combine and think they can develop anyone. He’ll go high

Unpopular Opinion: Greg wins with length/motor and has not shown any advanced pass rushing moves that would warrant a first round selection....

Y’all don’t want to hear that but it’s the truth and the case was exactly the same with our last two DE’s who were rising players Jon Garvin and Joe Jackson. They all won with speed/length/motor when they burst into the scene. Once teams took notice they didn’t win very many 1 on 1’s that you typically see from a round 1 pick... ie, stun a tackle with speed to power, straight fool them with a pass rushing move or advanced counter hand techniques.

Greg legit got maybe half of his sacks from DT which he will not be doing in the league so.... lets pump the breaks on the round 1 pick discussion.

Tough to be this moronic. Hats off to you.

Advertisement
It's not even close to an apples to oranges comparison. At the end of the day it was still just one play made by a great individual talent at a certain point in a game.

Howell is a fantastic young player who is going to be a major problem going forward at UNC. That kid, a Top 5 QB in college football next year, made a great play against a good defense at a key moment in a game, just like Tua did.

Did we pass on Howell? If I recall, we overlooked him & put all of our eggs Michael Johnson Jr basket, who ironically, wasn’t even ranked as high as Howell.

Did we pass on Howell? If I recall, we overlooked him & put all of our eggs Michael Johnson Jr basket, who ironically, wasn’t even ranked as high as Howell.

No idea. Don’t follow recruiting nearly as closely as others on here.

If GR15 played for Bama, LSU or OSU he would be the #1 player in the nation heading into the season. Remember in 2003 when KW2 was heralded as the best player in the country going into the season? A **** TE. I remember the ESPN special they did on him. Being on a losing team is killing GRs hype unfortunately. Smh.

Advertisement
Back