Top ten 2021 mention for our boy Rrrrrrousseau

This actually reads like Diaz's staff doing more with less production-wise, but evaluating like **** (players ranked too highly, but not actually having that athleticism when the NFL makes their assessment). All in all, I think we all understand what youre trying to say. Just sounds like you're saying the opposite.

Exactly. LOL. Manny and his defensive staff would have taken what he said as a compliment!

"Yeah..me and my guys have been able to churn out top 10 defenses with not a single first or second round pick on it. Thanks! Rumph, Banda, Patke and the rest of my guys are really doing a historic job!"

Advertisement
I rarely buy into redshirt freshman hype, especially when that freshman wasn't a big time recruit or full-time starter. But Rousseau is a different animal than Jackson and Garvin or most anyone else. His highlights show multiple things scouts drool over. His measurables are gonna be ridiculous. He uses his length to make plays that shorter/smaller players just won't be in position to make. I'd love to know what his wingspan is. Same with his 40 and bench.

His highlights showed a lot. He got to the QB lined up on the outside and inside. With a hand in the dirt and standing up. Against Bethune he only got one hand on the RB's jersey and brought him down with only that one hand. He was double teamed and it didn't matter. He showed that he doesn't give up on plays. A few highlights showed the QB escape pressure.. until Rousseau comes out of nowhere 4 seconds after the snap and gets the sack.

He'd have to completely disappear in 2020 to drop out of the first round and I don't see that happening.

And we have more players at the combine than any other ACC team including Clem$on, but can’t win a game or stop an offense worth a **** to save our lives.

4th & 17...

I don't think so...

Manny and this staff can't develop a top 3 round player to save their life with a roster full of 4 stars...

They needed a freak like Rousseau to finally produce a top 3 rounder even with all the hype that players in top 10 defenses get.

Lets not forget that all those defenses were pretty average against any offense with a pulse and fluffed their stats against mostly average to below average teams.

We used to pump out 1st rounders every year.

Now we get all excited to finally have someone taken in the first 3 rounds...

RIP The U...

The players Manny coached to decent results over the past four years were largely recruited by D'No and Golden--- when a large segment of our trolls/fans were "screaming" at recruits to not come here because of those "coaches".

Hard to blame Manny for having decent defenses with the substandard talent he inherited.

But I understand your forgetting the situation Manny inherited... you're not alone.

Advertisement
The players Manny coached to decent results over the past four years were largely recruited by D'No and Golden--- when a large segment of our trolls/fans were "screaming" at recruits to not come here because of those "coaches".

Hard to blame Manny for having decent defenses with the substandard talent he inherited.

But I understand your forgetting the situation Manny inherited... you're not alone.
Al Golden (who sucked) is a 10 times better HC than Mandy, who was by far the worst recruiter on Richt’s staff of ****** recruiters.

Those LBs he inherited were better than anything he has recruited since showing up in 2016.

When those guys flashed as freshmen, everyone thought they would definitely be top 3 round picks by the time they left, especially staying till their Sr year, but this staff has proven that they are absolutely horrible at developing these kids.

Rousseau is a talent, no doubt. But for once I'd like to see a player continually progress during his Miami career. It always seems like our players flash the most their first year at Miami then don't progress at all, or even regress.

This;

Advertisement
I am praying this isn't a "Calais Campbell - 2007" situation with this kid (Campbell came into that season after his monster 2006 season with the same hype and just didn't live up to it and dropped to the 2nd round. Obviously, Calais got the last laugh because hes had a very good NFL career but still..)

But all signs are pointing to him being a household name this year and being a top 5 pick easily. DEs with his ability go in the top 5. Especially in this era of the NFL. With Roche on the other side, this will be a fun final year to watch him.

If he put in the work this off season and fall camp he’ll go 1st round

If he coasted like Garvin and joe Jackson he’ll be a 3rd rounder

Some "experts" were saying Brad Kaaya was going to be the 1st pick in the draft going into his junior year. Never underestimate the degree to which everything University of Miami related turns to &hit.

Lmao.

Sad.

Al Golden (who sucked) is a 10 times better HC than Mandy, who was by far the worst recruiter on Richt’s staff of ****** recruiters.

Those LBs he inherited were better than anything he has recruited since showing up in 2016.

When those guys flashed as freshmen, everyone thought they would definitely be top 3 round picks by the time they left, especially staying till their Sr year, but this staff has proven that they are absolutely horrible at developing these kids.

How do you know so much about how bad the new guys are and how poorly they’ve been coached if they haven’t even played yet?

And Shaq was 1st team All ACC. That’s “absolutely horrible development “?

Advertisement
I don't see Greg doing that. He seems like a quality person & he would only hurt his draft stock significantly, if he coasted through this season. On the other hand, if he balls out this season (and gets national attention) then he could be a top 10 pick.

People that think that coasting through a season to "avoid injury" is a smart move are dead wrong. That's how you end up becoming a low round pick or UDFA. Disaster (and very expensive move).

Hopefully he doesn’t do like every other NFL bound junior at this school the last 15 years and mail it in.

Advertisement
People say this but stats show otherwise. You can have great production all you want(quarterman, Pinckney, kaaya, Joe jackson) etc but if you don’t have the elite size/athleticism and frame our players won’t get noticed like they should imo’/b]. Rousseau’s case is different though

What does that mean? You think our guys’ issues are lack of being ‘noticed’?

Like, with more attention Shaq would be a top pick and go in to a star nfl career?

I don't see Greg doing that. He seems like a quality person & he would only hurt his draft stock significantly, if he coasted through this season. On the other hand, if he balls out this season (and gets national attention) then he could be a top 10 pick.

People that think that coasting through a season to "avoid injury" is a smart move are dead wrong. That's how you end up becoming a low round pick or UDFA. Disaster (and very expensive move).
Calais is as quality as they come, great player and person overall. It happens.

And we have more players at the combine than any other ACC team including Clem$on, but can’t win a game or stop an offense worth a **** to save our lives.

4th & 17...

I can't imagine how miserable a person you must be if pointing to a single play in 1 game is some sort of validation.

Kirby Smart must suck then because of 2nd and 26....according to your logic anyways.

Advertisement
Back