Top ten 2021 mention for our boy Rrrrrrousseau

Advertisement

Good little snippet on Greg. Enjoy him while we have him.

I am praying this isn't a "Calais Campbell - 2007" situation with this kid (Campbell came into that season after his monster 2006 season with the same hype and just didn't live up to it and dropped to the 2nd round. Obviously, Calais got the last laugh because hes had a very good NFL career but still..)

But all signs are pointing to him being a household name this year and being a top 5 pick easily. DEs with his ability go in the top 5. Especially in this era of the NFL. With Roche on the other side, this will be a fun final year to watch him.

Advertisement
Some "experts" were saying Brad Kaaya was going to be the 1st pick in the draft going into his junior year. Never underestimate the degree to which everything University of Miami related turns to &hit.
Kaaya wasn’t anywhere near as gifted as Rousseau so the comparison from “experts” is not the same plus Rousseau happens to be the most productive de in the country with a great frame and athleticism

Advertisement
Rousseau is a talent, no doubt. But for once I'd like to see a player continually progress during his Miami career. It always seems like our players flash the most their first year at Miami then don't progress at all, or even regress.
People say this but stats show otherwise. You can have great production all you want(quarterman, Pinckney, kaaya, Joe jackson) etc but if you don’t have the elite size/athleticism and frame our players won’t get noticed like they should imo. Rousseau’s case is different though

Last edited:
It is a bonus to watch Greg play.

He is confident in his ability, and his interviews are NFL quality already.

Very smart young man, and with a consistent and good year, he should be 1 st round material.

Love how he has made the best of his opportunity although not starting all the games last year.

Future star in the making. An awesome Cane.

Kaaya wasn’t anywhere near as gifted as Rousseau so the comparison from “experts” is not the same plus Rousseau happens to be the most productive de in the country with a great frame and athleticism

It's not just a great frame anymore, my man. You've seen those Spring picks! GR15's frame is filling out. And he's going to terrorize opposing QBs this year.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz and his garbage defensive staff will finally produce a top 3 round pick out of how many top 10 defenses since 2016?

Advertisement
I think you’re actually making the opposite point than the one you are trying to make
I don't think so...

Manny and this staff can't develop a top 3 round player to save their life with a roster full of 4 stars...

They needed a freak like Rousseau to finally produce a top 3 rounder even with all the hype that players in top 10 defenses get.

Lets not forget that all those defenses were pretty average against any offense with a pulse and fluffed their stats against mostly average to below average teams.

We used to pump out 1st rounders every year.

Now we get all excited to finally have someone taken in the first 3 rounds...

RIP The U...

I don't think so...

Manny and this staff can't develop a top 3 round player to save their life with a roster full of 4 stars...

They needed a freak like Rousseau to finally produce a top 3 rounder even with all the hype that players in top 10 defenses get.

Lets not forget that all those defenses were pretty average against any offense with a pulse and fluffed their stats against mostly average to below average teams.

We used to pump out 1st rounders every year.

Now we get all excited to finally have someone taken in the first 3 rounds...

RIP The U...
This actually reads like Diaz's staff doing more with less production-wise, but evaluating like **** (players ranked too highly, but not actually having that athleticism when the NFL makes their assessment). All in all, I think we all understand what youre trying to say. Just sounds like you're saying the opposite.

Advertisement
Back