Top Mope arguments of 2022

Advertisement
Nah. The pre Mario mopes might take this award.

"UM IS BROKE. Mario won't leave Philly Knightingdale because his jerseys are loud and Nike has a bigger bag than UM. Oregon just had multiple top 10 classes in a row bro."

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I am Hoping I never have to pull this gif out on this post:

college gameday sport GIF
I hope so too lol......but I'm expecting losses it won't faze me I see the bigger picture the championship build. We may lose 5 games imo but I know roster stacking takes awhile and we have pros across the board on staff that recruit relentlessly. I may say it's the best recruiting staff in the country but it's easily top 5

Advertisement
I know this is very premature as 2022 is just starting, but some of the people on CIS who are determined to find a negative no matter the facts/evidence, is astonishing and IMO, deserving of a thread. It is as though those people would argue that if we win the NC we didn’t win by enough points. I don’t know if the mopes are just mopes in life whereby they hate ice cream because its too cold, pizza for being too flavorful, and orgasms for being too short. Or if they are situational mopes who just see the dark cloud on all things UM football. But really who cares. Anyway, some of my favorite mope argument are (in no particular order)

1. Ken Dorsey can’t be our OC because he never called plays for the Bills
2. Steele took a year off from coaching so he is over the hill (never mind that he was probably being paid)
3. Mario is being played like a fiddle (losing T-Rob)
4. The App State OC is not good enough to be a position coach at UM

Please add you own highlights/lowlights.

Paranos shouldn't be allowed near potential DL recruits' mothers.

I for one totally support big daddy doing whatever it takes to land a prospect and maybe help birth another one down the road.

Advertisement
I will give you my "mope" question marks.

Is our DB coach actually a top 5 recruiter? Or did he just benefit from Muschamp/Kirby plus Georgias bags?

is our DB coach a good technician and just didn't like Kirbys hands on approach? Or was he just not a very good technician and Kirby was forced to step in and make changes to his DB coaching approach?

Is our SC coach actually really good? Or is he just a very good hype man?

Was Gattis the brains behind this years offense and we get the 2021 Michigan offense? Or were the Michigan fans correct in saying that he was not the master mind and we end up with the 19/20 offense?

Did Mario learn from his mistakes at Oregon and is now going to let the OC do his thing, or is he going to force his run up the gut on 3rd and long mentality on the OC? Will he squander another elite QB or did he learn from his mistakes with Herbert.

Is Mario really going to make us monsters on the OL? Oregons Oline was also great under greatwood and zomboukous. He had Penei who was great, but the rest of his best OL all were coached up by greatwood. Only about 10% of starts during Cristobals career at Oregon were linemen that he recruited.
Time will tell!!

I hope so too lol......but I'm expecting losses it won't faze me I see the bigger picture the championship build. We may lose 5 games imo but I know roster stacking takes awhile and we have pros across the board on staff that recruit relentlessly. I may say it's the best recruiting staff in the country but it's easily top 5
We're not losing no **** 5 games bro.

I know **** don't turn to sugar overnight but go's ****..

This staff can't get us to 9 wins?

I refuse to believe it.

"I think Mario is a corch. No need to document it, I have said it numerous times on here."

"Mario is not an elite recruiter."

"I will try to make it 1 more month [without getting banned] so I can be sure to laugh at you on signing day [when the class plummets]."

"For all I know Mario was the best of the available coaches willing to come here, but that doesn't mean he is a good coach."

"I know when someone isn't cut out for the job. [Mario] is a gameday corch and is not as elite a recruiter as everyone on here says he is."

And that's just from one poster. :LOL: :sideeyes:

Advertisement
Mario can't keep coaches, look at B Mac.

If Mario hadn't whiffed on all his DC candidates, we'd have Shemar.

I will give you my "mope" question marks.

Is our DB coach actually a top 5 recruiter? Or did he just benefit from Muschamp/Kirby plus Georgias bags?

is our DB coach a good technician and just didn't like Kirbys hands on approach? Or was he just not a very good technician and Kirby was forced to step in and make changes to his DB coaching approach?

Is our SC coach actually really good? Or is he just a very good hype man?

Was Gattis the brains behind this years offense and we get the 2021 Michigan offense? Or were the Michigan fans correct in saying that he was not the master mind and we end up with the 19/20 offense?

Did Mario learn from his mistakes at Oregon and is now going to let the OC do his thing, or is he going to force his run up the gut on 3rd and long mentality on the OC? Will he squander another elite QB or did he learn from his mistakes with Herbert.

Is Mario really going to make us monsters on the OL? Oregons Oline was also great under greatwood and zomboukous. He had Penei who was great, but the rest of his best OL all were coached up by greatwood. Only about 10% of starts during Cristobals career at Oregon were linemen that he recruited.
Apparently, you have to have evidence to make this post, please delete.

Advertisement
Who cares that we pulled that pulled the BROYLES AWARD WINNER for a lateral position - let's complain that he runs the ball too much (without mentioning that his QB sucks.)
Bruh. That one really gets me. Lol

It’s too easy to be the negative guy. They just want to be right all the same. Insert unreasonable expectation; say the unreasonable expectation won’t be met; unreasonable expectation isn’t met; confirmation bias ensues. “BRO YOU SEE, I TOLD YOU”
Its a lot easier to sunshine pump every hire. Then when it turns out the coach sucks you can just say "I am a fan. We have to expect every hire to be elite!"

Advertisement
Back