Top Mope arguments of 2022

Advertisement
Bruh. I feel you. Over the years me and you done had many debated about the Joe's vs Coaches.

These past few years I been leaning toward your side but I just can't get there yet when I see teams like Pitt and Georgia Tech win the acc before us with just a sprinkle of Joe's.

Pitt and Georgia Tech were able to win thru heavily coaching up a few average Joe's with a lesser staff than Mario's put together.

Losing 5 games is egregious with this staff.

A HUGE red flag. We have enough Joe's AND we have a QB which we all know can mask deficiencies throughout the entire team.

These boys have NOT been coached up. They may not be CFP talented but their win the Coastal talented for sure.
Got to agree and disagree if that's possible. I think the way Miami we have won was stacking and the best teams have the best recruiters as coaches. Pitt and GT will they occasionally win? Yes because the ACC is that bad. When Clemson doesn't have a QB they slip but are still the most talented team bar none. Gt and Pitt formula won't sustain success even if they come out with new wrinkles to their offense. U saw Michigan with NFL type coaches get mailed by UGA even so their HC wanted out knowing they couldn't compete with that. Dude tried to leave. Our roster imbalance for ages especially being weak up front causes us to lose to a VT a GT a Pitt. They can exploit weaknesses. For example let's say Pitt found a diamond in the rough at DE and we are weak at LT......the game will be close just based off us not being able to block that one guy. One guy changes the dynamic of what u can call do etc. It changes everything. We invented the beat the man in front of u win the one on ones....we just haven't had that across the board to become an elite program. Recruiting is the lifeblood.....I gurantee by at least year four this program looks like bama and UGA because of recruiting. It will be a machine by that time

Mario had Herbert a legit NFL QB year one and lost 8 games I believe. He needed other guys and had a star QB. U need other elites around u and imo tVD doesn't have that yet. When he's on his way out this roster will be getting built.

Got to agree and disagree if that's possible. I think the way Miami we have won was stacking and the best teams have the best recruiters as coaches. Pitt and GT will they occasionally win? Yes because the ACC is that bad. When Clemson doesn't have a QB they slip but are still the most talented team bar none. Gt and Pitt formula won't sustain success even if they come out with new wrinkles to their offense. U saw Michigan with NFL type coaches get mailed by UGA even so their HC wanted out knowing they couldn't compete with that. Dude tried to leave. Our roster imbalance for ages especially being weak up front causes us to lose to a VT a GT a Pitt. They can exploit weaknesses. For example let's say Pitt found a diamond in the rough at DE and we are weak at LT......the game will be close just based off us not being able to block that one guy. One guy changes the dynamic of what u can call do etc. It changes everything. We invented the beat the man in front of u win the one on ones....we just haven't had that across the board to become an elite program. Recruiting is the lifeblood.....I gurantee by at least year four this program looks like bama and UGA because of recruiting. It will be a machine by that time

Mario had Herbert a legit NFL QB year one and lost 8 games I believe. He needed other guys and had a star QB. U need other elites around u and imo tVD doesn't have that yet. When he's on his way out this roster will be getting built.

While you make more valid points. We've had teams talented enough to win the Acc in the last 18 years bro.

Sure we won the football game but we weren’t wearing my preferred uniform combo. I mean it was real close to my favorite assemble but socks…

Per @Paranos, Ponce hasn’t developed any QBs and our future developing QBs is in jeopardy because Ponce is here.

I need to feed the big fella some large booty gifs because when he’s hungry, he becomes mopey 😂😂

Eat Protein Bar GIF by SnickersUK

Advertisement
While you make more valid points. We've had teams talented enough to win the Acc in the last 18 years bro.
Agree but talented enough according to who? When your not in the top 5 recruiting wise yearly with tons of misses your flirting with losing to those UNC vt etc type teams. U have to play around that top area and hit on potential first round type talent alot.....not just one or two guys. Our issue mainly has been recruiting for years and every time we are at our best is when we get the best by the droves.

Agree but talented enough according to who? When your not in the top 5 recruiting wise yearly with tons of misses your flirting with losing to those UNC vt etc type teams. U have to play around that top area and hit on potential first round type talent alot.....not just one or two guys. Our issue mainly has been recruiting for years and every time we are at our best is when we get the best by the droves.

The whole "we have more talent than these teams so we should beat them every time" idea is flawed. If you only look at yearly class rankings, it would appear that Miami is indeed much more talented than everyone else in the Coastal outside of North Carolina who has upped their recruiting under Mack. That's not the way football works though. You could recruit a ton of blue chips at certain positions and totally ignore others and your ranking would still be high. If you're not signing quality players across the roster, you end up with a lot of the teams we've seen Miami field over the last 15 years. Loaded at certain positions and absolutely terrible at others.

There's been some glaring issues why Miami has underachieved and it's not as simple of a fix as changing a coach like many fans want to believe. Most of our issues come down to these areas.

1. Coaches not scheming using the talent available. Between the pro style bros trying to run the I formation with a bunch of mediocre linemen and the Doritos of the world trying to force square pegs into round holes on defense, our coaches have almost purposely sabotaged their own teams. Every coach has a style that they want to play.

2. Not recruiting the quarterback position. We've had a few good QBs here and there but our staffs have been way to complacent with recruiting them. Instead of signing a blue chip guy every year (or at least every other year) we would hitch out wagon to one guy and pray that he worked out. We'd recruit other QBs but they were "depth" guys. Nobody brought in Stephen Morris or Malik Rosier under the assumption that they would be multi-year starters but we ended up with that because of injuries and player attrition.

Speaking of which...

3. Players leaving early/ recruits never enrolling/ getting kicked out of school. The subject of Miami players entering the draft early only to not get drafted or drafted late when they should have stayed in school has been beaten to death. Everyone knows that already. But another issue, especially under Shannon and Golden (and even into the Richt years) has been signing players to pump up recruiting rankings that never actually see the field for whatever reason. It's easy to say "We had the 15th ranked class, we should be better" but when you subtract guys who never enrolled or got kicked off the team before they got a chance to contribute, that ranking takes a nose dive. Our top signees in 2016 and 2018 (Sam Bruce and Lorenzo Lingard) did absolutely nothing here. Our top player from 2017 (Jeff Thomas) missed a bunch of time and was constantly in trouble and would have been kicked off the team if Manny wasn't so soft. Our third ranked player in 2017 (DJ Johnson) never played a snap at DE. These are the guys that pumped up our recruiting rankings and they contributed either nothing or very little. If you start subtracting these zero impact guys from our classes over the years, our rankings fall in line with the other ACC teams we're supposedly so much more talented than.

I know this is very premature as 2022 is just starting, but some of the people on CIS who are determined to find a negative no matter the facts/evidence, is astonishing and IMO, deserving of a thread. It is as though those people would argue that if we win the NC we didn’t win by enough points. I don’t know if the mopes are just mopes in life whereby they hate ice cream because its too cold, pizza for being too flavorful, and orgasms for being too short. Or if they are situational mopes who just see the dark cloud on all things UM football. But really who cares. Anyway, some of my favorite mope argument are (in no particular order)

1. Ken Dorsey can’t be our OC because he never called plays for the Bills
2. Steele took a year off from coaching so he is over the hill (never mind that he was probably being paid)
3. Mario is being played like a fiddle (losing T-Rob)
4. The App State OC is not good enough to be a position coach at UM

Please add you own highlights/lowlights.
Thanks for starting a negative thread, it was getting way too positive around here.

Advertisement
The whole "we have more talent than these teams so we should beat them every time" idea is flawed. If you only look at yearly class rankings, it would appear that Miami is indeed much more talented than everyone else in the Coastal outside of North Carolina who has upped their recruiting under Mack. That's not the way football works though. You could recruit a ton of blue chips at certain positions and totally ignore others and your ranking would still be high. If you're not signing quality players across the roster, you end up with a lot of the teams we've seen Miami field over the last 15 years. Loaded at certain positions and absolutely terrible at others.

There's been some glaring issues why Miami has underachieved and it's not as simple of a fix as changing a coach like many fans want to believe. Most of our issues come down to these areas.

1. Coaches not scheming using the talent available. Between the pro style bros trying to run the I formation with a bunch of mediocre linemen and the Doritos of the world trying to force square pegs into round holes on defense, our coaches have almost purposely sabotaged their own teams. Every coach has a style that they want to play.

2. Not recruiting the quarterback position. We've had a few good QBs here and there but our staffs have been way to complacent with recruiting them. Instead of signing a blue chip guy every year (or at least every other year) we would hitch out wagon to one guy and pray that he worked out. We'd recruit other QBs but they were "depth" guys. Nobody brought in Stephen Morris or Malik Rosier under the assumption that they would be multi-year starters but we ended up with that because of injuries and player attrition.

Speaking of which...

3. Players leaving early/ recruits never enrolling/ getting kicked out of school. The subject of Miami players entering the draft early only to not get drafted or drafted late when they should have stayed in school has been beaten to death. Everyone knows that already. But another issue, especially under Shannon and Golden (and even into the Richt years) has been signing players to pump up recruiting rankings that never actually see the field for whatever reason. It's easy to say "We had the 15th ranked class, we should be better" but when you subtract guys who never enrolled or got kicked off the team before they got a chance to contribute, that ranking takes a nose dive. Our top signees in 2016 and 2018 (Sam Bruce and Lorenzo Lingard) did absolutely nothing here. Our top player from 2017 (Jeff Thomas) missed a bunch of time and was constantly in trouble and would have been kicked off the team if Manny wasn't so soft. Our third ranked player in 2017 (DJ Johnson) never played a snap at DE. These are the guys that pumped up our recruiting rankings and they contributed either nothing or very little. If you start subtracting these zero impact guys from our classes over the years, our rankings fall in line with the other ACC teams we're supposedly so much more talented than.
agree especially with that first paragraph. People think we recruiting first rounders across the board but we arent. U cant out talent people without alot of heavy first round types. We get talent but not high quality only very few and other teams we play do that as well and we wind up losing. Cause when I watch us we do look unprepared but the talent gap vs a VT UNC UVA isnt that far off from ours and we lose those games because of that. I agree with almost all of this, pretty much all of it.

The mopes have been right on 80% of all things related to this program for nearly 2 decades. Basically, most of the mopes aren’t even mopes. Just real ones that can identify when things aren’t right.

Any reasonable person know it wont be smooth sailing once our games start. Our roster is not elite and we have to change the mentality and also change players out to get where we need to. The only thing i wanna see if the Rock packed for any and every game. The excuses are gone, we are building and we biched about it, going to the games is our part to play. Cant let kids say their craziest game atmosphere was Texas A&M. No we not a college town. That's a good thing, meaning our game day should stand out and be hard to replicate. We must make it very hard to play here no matter who comes in. That's what i wanna see this coming season and takes no time.

UGA fans and alot of others were dogging Kirby for playing Bennett. Never gonna please many. They still want Bennett gone after the title. Its the nature of fans.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Miami needs to hire Dan Mullen. It doesn't matter that he is a lazy recruiter, a total weirdo and a Gator, an abrasive person who doesn't get along with his fellow coaches or that he is a terrible evaluator of QB's... we can just give him $1M and stash him in a closet in the basement to scheme and never, ever let him talk to the players."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back