Top Mope arguments of 2022

Advertisement
There’s having legitimate concerns like “what will our offense look like?” And then there’s being a mope. Maybe the all time mopiest of mope takes was “We’re going to get stuck with Jen Strawley as AD and she’s going to extend Manny Diaz.” There was no evidence that any of that was remotely anywhere near true but it didn’t stop the mope squad from repeating it like gospel.

People have a right to any opinion. But opinions worth posting in social media need to have some facts or evidence to support them. Otherwise it's just a person wanting to be miserable. Which they can do, but really should not express their personal misery on social media. It's nonsensical.
I believe in reason and rational thought. Anyone who has read my posts knows I am willing to change a position if presented with facts. I don't think asking others to be rational is too much to ask.
No, more accurately, opinions you don't agree with need to have facts or evidence, unless I missed a whole lot of call outs from you requesting evidence to back slurp opinions.

We're not losing no **** 5 games bro.

I know **** don't turn to sugar overnight but go's ****..

This staff can't get us to 9 wins?

I refuse to believe it.
It's not the staff bruh it's the OL and defensive front it's not ready yet. I don't care how good of a QB u have if they not protected your offense can shut the bed a few games. And when u get pushed around that's on the Joe's. So that's why it wouldn't surprise me....although it wouldn't surprise me if we won 9. If we do lose 5 it's going to be funny at FSU thinking that will affect recruiting when we land a top 3 class. Then their replies will be go ahead enjoy losing in Miami .....that's the hater response and that won't stop our rise to power.

Yea that's how I feel about it cause I'm always about Joe's.....so without that especially up front u can shut the bed it affects what u can call as coaches and everything. JMO

Advertisement
I will give you my "mope" question marks.

Is our DB coach actually a top 5 recruiter? Or did he just benefit from Muschamp/Kirby plus Georgias bags?

is our DB coach a good technician and just didn't like Kirbys hands on approach? Or was he just not a very good technician and Kirby was forced to step in and make changes to his DB coaching approach?

Is our SC coach actually really good? Or is he just a very good hype man?

Was Gattis the brains behind this years offense and we get the 2021 Michigan offense? Or were the Michigan fans correct in saying that he was not the master mind and we end up with the 19/20 offense?

Did Mario learn from his mistakes at Oregon and is now going to let the OC do his thing, or is he going to force his run up the gut on 3rd and long mentality on the OC? Will he squander another elite QB or did he learn from his mistakes with Herbert.

Is Mario really going to make us monsters on the OL? Oregons Oline was also great under greatwood and zomboukous. He had Penei who was great, but the rest of his best OL all were coached up by greatwood. Only about 10% of starts during Cristobals career at Oregon were linemen that he recruited.
Fair but i would argue you are not being a mope because you are basically stating, ‘that coach is probably good, but is he as great as we saying, or is a good coach who benefitted from circumstances that made him look better than he was. See Larry Coker.
The mopes are the ones who are trashing the moves with no argument as to why, and not arguing that the coach is probably good, but arguing that the coach i snot good enough to coach at UM.
Your argument about the DB coach is not that he sucks or has no business coaching at UM, it is that he needs to prove some things. ****, by that appropriate logic they all have things to prove and such is life.
My attack is not with logical arguments, it is with illogical ones.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This post causes division and we all should be U-nited.

Manny took less time hiring a staff than Mario.

⬆️Look a Mope, out in the wild! ⬆️
The mope/slurper thing is one of the worst parts of CIS. The no I’m right, no I am, no it’s me. No I knew we’d suck before you did.

Or

Hey. We may have had different coaches rated differently on our individual lists, but Mario is here, with money behind him, a new AD, off the field he is putting processes and people and systems in place that we’ve never had, let’s go. And also allowing for discussion around how the offense plays out, does he fill known gaps on D, does he corch games away due to in game decisions that happened before without it being a bloodbath.

Nope. Let’s create a what are the Top 5 questions people may have, so we can label them mopes thread.

It’s a little weird.

Anyone could be National Recruiter of The Year if recruting for Bama.

Mario lost Kevin Colemen to Deion Sanders and a FCS program.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No, more accurately, opinions you don't agree with need to have facts or evidence, unless I missed a whole lot of call outs from you requesting evidence to back slurp opinions.
Come on with that. Every coach Mario has hired has been very successful on field In recruiting, or both. None of the coaches are unproven. if we are happy it is for this very reason. We aren’t making that argument in every post because the evidence is obvious. Or as we like to say in the law, “Res Ipsa Loquitor”. The thing speaks for itself.
@OriginalGatorHater made interesting arguments about whether the DB coach is as great of a recruiter as advertised or was he helped by the situation at UGA. Basically arguing anyone can sell a Mercedes but not everyone will be as good of a salesman selling Hyundais. That is a valid argument and is not being a mope because he supported his argument with facts. UGA and Bama do make good recruiters look great.
But making statements like Ponce is unqualified to be our QB coach? Why is he unqualified considering that he was the OC of a school that put up 23 on us last year. Big difference in how @OriginalGatorHater made his argument versus most of the actual mopes who make blanket statements like, “terrible hire”. Surely you can see the difference.

But making statements like Ponce is unqualified to be our QB coach? Why is he unqualified considering that he was the OC of a school that put up 23 on us last year.
Yeah, but, that’s just what App State does to people.

Advertisement
#6- Mario interviewed at least 10 OC's but can't made up his mind because he is Indecisive. We lost so many good ones because of his indecisiveness.

Steele is too old and will jump ship to Auburn (I actually kind of believe the latter there)

It's not the staff bruh it's the OL and defensive front it's not ready yet. I don't care how good of a QB u have if they not protected your offense can shut the bed a few games. And when u get pushed around that's on the Joe's. So that's why it wouldn't surprise me....although it wouldn't surprise me if we won 9. If we do lose 5 it's going to be funny at FSU thinking that will affect recruiting when we land a top 3 class. Then their replies will be go ahead enjoy losing in Miami .....that's the hater response and that won't stop our rise to power.

Yea that's how I feel about it cause I'm always about Joe's.....so without that especially up front u can shut the bed it affects what u can call as coaches and everything. JMO

Bruh. I feel you. Over the years me and you done had many debated about the Joe's vs Coaches.

These past few years I been leaning toward your side but I just can't get there yet when I see teams like Pitt and Georgia Tech win the acc before us with just a sprinkle of Joe's.

Pitt and Georgia Tech were able to win thru heavily coaching up a few average Joe's with a lesser staff than Mario's put together.

Losing 5 games is egregious with this staff.

A HUGE red flag. We have enough Joe's AND we have a QB which we all know can mask deficiencies throughout the entire team.

These boys have NOT been coached up. They may not be CFP talented but their win the Coastal talented for sure.

Advertisement
Back