Top 5 Best & Worst Picks of NFL 1st Rd

Advertisement
I’m not nearly as big an Aiyuk fan as others. Especially in this year’s ridiculously loaded WR crop. He’s a former 2-star recruit, CC transfer and AZ State produces a lot of busts at WR. I think Mims and Shenault are better.
Dam really . Kid had the #1 Yac in all of college football last year, I think hes pretty sick.

Advertisement
With an average, what, 60%-ish 1st rd wash out rate, can you characterize any of the picks as better than a spin at roulette table?

absolutely, track the Jets, Browns and Raiders the past 10 years to teams like Baltimore, Pitt and NE and you will realize it is more than a dart throw

strong point. what would you consider a good pick?

starts for team by year 2 as a minimum? starts for any team on their 2d contract?

He likes players with an edge. Arnette is a high-energy competitor to the point that it caused issues in the locker room. Ruggs was known as the alpha of the offense.

Jury is out on the players themselves, but I do like the general approach. Draft aggressive players to build an aggressive team.

Doesn’t it give you pause that Arnette almost quit the team roughly a year ago?

Advertisement
Cameron Dantzler is a prospect I can't get a read on how I feel...

I've watched about 6 games on him & I both like & hate how he plays lol.

Idk wtf to think about his ability.

Runs for 4.68 at the combine, ran 4.38 at his iphone recorded pro day was the most comical thing all process. Will never forget it.

Besides the top 2 Picks (Burrow, Young) which I think were no brainer selections

Best:

1. Tristan Wirfs - Tampa Bay - 13th
  • Top 5 Talent who has very little downside or question marks. Iowa OL who can protect Tom Brady now, great pick and value.
2. Isaiah Simmons - Arizona - 8th
  • Perfect modern day LB. Need someone who can cover a stud TE or disrupt over the middle passing game, Simmons is the prototype. Speed and Size to play anywhere on the field
3. Jerry Jeudy - Denver - 15th
  • Jeudy feels like a future NFL star IMO. Elite footwork and polished WR skills make him a great get here at 15. Only question is, do the Broncos have a QB who can get him the ball?
4. Cesar Ruiz - New Orleans - 24th
  • Solid interior OL who can develop under an already Veteran OL and help protect Drew Brees as NO tries to chase one more Super Bowl with Brees
5. Isaiah Wilson - Tennessee - 29th
  • Huge Tackle prospect who is a perfect scheme fit with Tennessee heavy run game style. Imagine trying to get around Wilson to then have to take down Derrick Henry. Talk about big boy football. Top 10-15 value at pick 29

Worst:

1. CJ Henderson - Jacksonville - 9th
  • #9 Overall? Guy can't tackle to save his life and is no where near polished as a CB. Good luck having him try to bring down Derrick Henry.
2. Damon Arnette - Las Vegas - 19th
  • Huge reach at #19. Mayock and Gruden still think they work for ESPN?
3. Jalen Reagor - Philadelphia- 21st
  • Got to take take Justin Jefferson at this pick. Way more polished and productive. GM falling in love with speed too much here
4. Noah Igbinoghene - Miami - 30th
  • Seemed like a reach in the 1st round, especially for a team with a lot of needs elsewhere.
5. Henry Ruggs - Las Vegas - 12th
  • I like Ruggs; but with Lamb and Jeudy on the board, you gotta take one of them before Ruggs, right? I see Lamb and Jeudy being surefire stars in the league who are already very polished as receivers
AsA Raider fan, seems like they are channeling Al davis the last years of his ownership way to many reaches
later rounds with 3 WR's........ reaching again

Advertisement
Doesn’t it give you pause that Arnette almost quit the team roughly a year ago?

I wouldn’t have picked Arnette there.

From Mayock’s perspective, I think he would rather have an aggressive player with warts than a clean player who is not aggressive.

I wouldn’t have picked Arnette there.

From Mayock’s perspective, I think he would rather have an aggressive player with warts than a clean player who is not aggressive.

Must

resist

Quoting

john

Thompson...

:)-

Breh, we're dudes and all...

but Jordan Love ******* stinks, pal.

btw - Hurts 2 Philly...he will usurp WENTZ in time.
I disagree.

He's a lot better than anyone on this board is willing to give him credit for.

We'll see how it works out, but I'm good with being the only person on this board who thinks he'll play well when he gets his opportunity.

Advertisement
I'm literally the only person on this board who likes Jordan Love lol.

Jordyn Brooks was a great pick for Seattle & LA Chargers got a nice steal at LB with Kenneth Murray.

Gladney to Minnesota was a great value pick for them & I think Jalen Reagor to Philly was a nice pick.

Ceedee Lamb IMO is the best WR in the draft, he fits perfect in the Cowboys system with Cooper & Gallop.

Becton to the Jets was a nice pick as well. Kinlaw to the Niners might be the biggest steal in the draft.

Wirfs was a great value pick for the Buccs at 13, he's an OT with top 5 talent.

Arnette in the 1st round was the worst pick IMO, he's a 3rd round talent that got way over drafted because he went to Oh St.

CEH IMO was not a 1st round RB at all, but since KC drafted him I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because Andy Reid & Eric Bieniemy will maximize his potentiality in that offense as a James White style receiving back.

He's 1,000x the thrower Kizer ever dreamt of being.

That's a comparison based on appearance more than anything, their actual game is world's apart.

I disagree.

He's a lot better than anyone on this board is willing to give him credit for.

We'll see how it works out, but I'm good with being the only person on this board who thinks he'll play well when he gets his opportunity.

CJ henderson most definitely a bust, reagor a bust, igbinoghene a bust, arnette a bust, ruggs in jail so he is too

solid list OP

Advertisement
Back