Top 3 favorite Canes ever

Advertisement
Way too many over a lot of years. I have more than 3 for each decade. I go back to Al Carapella our first All American. He is in his nineties now and still alive
Lives in NY

Advertisement
I'm sure something like this has already been posted before, but I figure why not add a little more positivity to the forum:
Who are your top 3 favorite Canes of all-time? Whatever you define as making them your favorite, go with it. I'm sure that with so many ppl of different ages and whatnot, there will be a lot of different choices.
3 is awfully hard to choose. Off the top, I'll go with Sean Taylor, Ted Hendricks, and Ed Reed, but 5 minutes from now, I may choose 3 different Canes greats!

Okay, maybe by decade:
60"s Mad Stork
70's OJ Anderson
80's Vinny T (got to give props to our first Heisman or the 80's are just frigging impossible to pick)
90's Thrill Hill (3rd and 43 and the Shootout in the tunnel mother of Miami Rules are what being a Cane is.)
00"s Ed Reed
10"s Duke

Looking at that list and realizing the dozens of names missing tell you why we are the luckiest and hardest to please fans in the world. I couldn't even squeeze Ray friggging Lewis, ST, Maryland, Tez, JB, Plasymaker, Jim Kelly, Kosar, Walsh, Kenny, even one Blades, or one TE, oh and another Heisman with NC- Geno onto a list.

I was a only eight by 1960 but if we go back to 50's there was a guy named Jim Otto who made a name for himself in NFL. It is truly great to be a Miami Hurricane.
It’s tough to even pick 3 for every year.

Advertisement
Impossible for me to limit it to 3, or even 10. I might consider a top 30. A top 10 for each decade might be worthwhile.

Sorry but.....ANYONE with ONLY THREE FAVORITE CANES really hasn't been watching the Canes over the years very closely.

There are just too many....and truth is .....I'll bet anything that your second THREE are probably just as great as your first

It's so hard to filter down all of our greats and find much differences between their skills and efforts, because all brought something special to the team into a group so small, that you're basically throwing at a dartboard......but I guess everyone has their favorites....

My favorites are interchangeable with my second or third favorite THREE...and in truth, I would be just as happy with them

SHUT UP

Advertisement
How about top 3 per position.

QB: Gino, Dorsey, Rosier
RB: Portis, Homer, Dallas
WR: Lamar, Santana, Braxton
TE: Shockey, Winslow, Herndon
OL: Romberg, Gonzo, Mongo
DL: Jerome Brown, Sapp, Wilfork
LB: Denzel, Rohan, Beason
DB: Taylor, Reed, Meriweather
Honorable Mention: Redwine, Elder, Hester

These are all just guys that I loved to watch play football.

Advertisement
People can't just play the game lol

Ed Reed
Sean T
Irvin is my 3rd because he always did and still does bleed and breathe orange and green

Man, it's hard to choose 3 tho!

Sean Taylor
Devin Hester
Duke Johnson

Honorable Mention - Clinton Portis & Santana Moss
For a second I was going to question people listing Duke, then I thought of his 1st run. That 4th and 2 I think where he blew through that LB to get the 1st. Duke was a different beast at a time where we didn't have many to be proud of. That's a good 3.

Advertisement
Back