RB: Portis, Homer, Dallas
WR: Lamar, Santana, Braxton
TE: Shockey, Winslow, Herndon
OL: Romberg, Gonzo, Mongo
DL: Jerome Brown, Sapp, Wilfork
LB: Denzel, Rohan, Beason
DB: Taylor, Reed, Meriweather
Honorable Mention: Redwine, Elder, Hester

These are all just guys that I loved to watch play football.
I'll take the 3 RBs from 2001.

Advertisement
Some of my favorites not the best. Favorites because they gave it their all in spite of not being as talented. Best is a whole different discussion

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm sure something like this has already been posted before, but I figure why not add a little more positivity to the forum:
Who are your top 3 favorite Canes of all-time? Whatever you define as making them your favorite, go with it. I'm sure that with so many ppl of different ages and whatnot, there will be a lot of different choices.

Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Willis McGahee in order

Advertisement
For a second I was going to question people listing Duke, then I thought of his 1st run. That 4th and 2 I think where he blew through that LB to get the 1st. Duke was a different beast at a time where we didn't have many to be proud of. That's a good 3.

Duke is criminally underrated. He was as good as anyone on this list.

Unfortunately - in his 3 years at Miami, they won 23 games. In his 5 years in the pros, his teams have won 21 games.

IMO - Duke will never be remembered for how good he actually is because he's played on such bad teams.

Hard for me to go with 3 but Sean Taylor is my favorite player of all time and 1 of the main reasons that I’m such a huge Cane fan today.

Seeing him play in the NFL HOF game in Canton when I was a teenager(and seeing him get 2 picks including a pick 6) is and always will be 1 of the highlights of my life.

It may sound corny but I’ll never forget getting to my seat, looking out on the field during warmups and seeing that number 36, I had the hugest smile on my face.

So Sean is the Holy Grail for me but beyond that, it’d be easier to pick a top 10 then just 3.

Based on my fandom at the time the player was a Cane

Vinny Testaverde
Edgerrin James
Ed Reed

Advertisement
Too **** many, so I'M sitting this one out. OK, maurice CRUM , Jesse Armstead and Warren Sapp.

Advertisement
Leonard Conley
Dan Morgan
Mike Irvin

This is really hard. Shout out to Tre Mack and Bennie Blades, figured everyone had Reed and Sean.

1582062431600.png

Advertisement
Back