2023 Top 100 ATH Jaxton Howard of New Hope (Minn.) Robbinsdale Cooper Senior HS...

Advertisement
"I spoke with Coach Salav’ea and Coach Field and they are prepared to take me for either tight end or defensive end," he said.

Quote is so refreshing to hear from a recruit. How many times did we ***** ourselves over trying to make someone play one side of the ball vs the other?

"I spoke with Coach Salav’ea and Coach Field and they are prepared to take me for either tight end or defensive end," he said.

Quote is so refreshing to hear from a recruit. How many times did we ***** ourselves over trying to make someone play one side of the ball vs the other?
Exactly. Paralysis by analysis. One of Mandy’s many weaknesses. Mario just wants tough guys….everywhere.

I had the same thought reading the line. Get these big, athletic, tough kids who love and excel at football in here and we'll figure out where exactly to put them later.

Advertisement

This made me think of a quote from Butch from early in his tenure...I'm paraphrasing but it went something like "recruite big frames that can run and figure it out once they get on campus:

Advertisement
1653661025289.png

I would also say that, today, you can use the Portal to address any temporary gaps created by a position change.

It's a new day. Let's put the past in the rearview...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back