Too much offense

I’m not going to complain about lack of parity. College football has always been like that, and it’s the reason many of us are Canes fans.

But the game is suffering because the rules are too favorable to the offense. We’ve seen the “best offense of all time” three years in a row. Illegal man downfield doesn’t get called and DBs have no legal options against WRs.

Anybody else dissatisfied with the direction of the game?
These prolific offenses bring in revenue. So I guess it’s a money thing for the league. But you’re statement is 100% fact and I can’t disagree with you.

Nickkcin

Freshman
I’m not going to complain about lack of parity. College football has always been like that, and it’s the reason many of us are Canes fans.

But the game is suffering because the rules are too favorable to the offense. We’ve seen the “best offense of all time” three years in a row. Illegal man downfield doesn’t get called and DBs have no legal options against WRs.

Anybody else dissatisfied with the direction of the game?
I get that targeting is for "health and safety" of the players, but QBs now have no consequence of throwing a suicide pass, free yards or they let him catch it. It's basically touch football now

moshated305

Senior
It's been trending this way for years. It's happening all over sports. You can't play elite defense in the NFL either. NBA scoring is at all time high. I believe every team averaged at least 100 points last year. Baseball is even jumping in by playing with juiced baseballs alllowing more home runs now than during the steroid era. Even in hockey, fighting is at all time low but their scoring is at all time high. Not only have they taken the contact out of sports, their answer is now is just allow as many points as possible to keep people interested.