Tony chickillo Facebook posting on TOS!

Lol chickillo does one thing well:set the edge. To mention him in the same sentence as Vernon is ridiculous. Chickillo got drafted, which based on his HS tape is a pleasant surprise. I dislike Golden as well but Chickillo is a rotation guy, talent wise, on a good UM DL.

Advertisement
Lol chickillo does one thing well:set the edge. To mention him in the same sentence as Vernon is ridiculous. Chickillo got drafted, which based on his HS tape is a pleasant surprise. I dislike Golden as well but Chickillo is a rotation guy, talent wise, on a good UM DL.

Who knows what the **** he does well. He played for an imbecile.

Lol OK. He probably whiffed on more sacks then he made during his UM career. Is that on the coaches? He is a mediocre athlete that busts his balls, which I respect. But he was never going to be more than solid IMo.

You
you do some quick research and try to tell me how non-pedestrian his numbers were? OV is a beast but he didn't do much in his time here other than show flashes. guys had bad technique under shannon. Shannon just seemed to get players more motivated to play in the big games where Al can't.

Laundersdale is right. Vernon was a good player here who played around better players. He was a reason Miami led the nation in tfl one year or was at least top 10 iirc. Lol at having bad technique. Smh. Silly statement made by someone who really doesn't understand anything. I guess players under golden have excellent technique? Lmao. Ok

no they still have technique under Golden. if you read what i wrote I never said shannon was better or worse then Golden. a big knock on some the guys that were randy's guys coming out of the draft is that despite being great athletes, they lacked fundamentals. Bailey, Shields, DVD, and Franklin. You still hear the same crap under Golden with the likes of Seantrel, Streeter, and that was also the one knock of Flowers. I know you're still a big fan of shannon and are one of the few that hope he comes back so that's all there is to say about your understanding of the game. So if you could stop being an a** clown for two seconds, tell me again how much production OV (not the entire team) had while he was here? OV was a beast who should of easily been a double digit sack guy in college with the right staff in place.

Bad technique... I don't ever recall anyone saying that... Our players even under RS was lauded for being prepared and intelligent... Franklin started as a rookie... The only person that was criticize for his preparation was Shields who was playing corner all of 6 months... Bailey had to adjust to a new system with a few established vets in front of him... And DVD just didn't have what it took to be a rotational corner... You can't say the players techniques were bad then they ended up starting... You don't start technically flawed rookies... Even Shields started or was granted heavy minutes once he got to the NFL...

well you don't follow the draft as closely as me or you'd know that. i didn't say the guys didn't end up being good. i said coming out of college that was the knock on them. they all went on to receive better coaching and most of them vastly improved. Franklin should of easily been a 1st rd pick but scouts didn't think he was fundamentally sound. Bailey was said to be an athletic freak who had just one move. Trust me. i follow our guys and the draft in general very closely. The only big issue i had with randy besides fielding an incompetent offense was that the program seemed to get very lazy under him and lacked motivation on a consistent basis. didn't seem like guys were putting in the work they should have. they'd come out and go balls to the wall against FSU but then lay an egg against Louisville, USF, and even Virginia.

So Franklin had bad technique yet he started as a rookie? Naw man you don't start a rookie at tackle when he has bad technique... We know about the motivation issue but fundamentals wasn't an issue... Even with Sentrel... All of our players weren't fundamentally sound but the majority of the guys were... I follow the draft... I don't recall many of our players having that issue...

Advertisement
In my opinion, the biggest issue he can have is that his son was played too early before he was developed, due to depth issues. But he didn't seem to mind at the time (all these kids want to play right away). While its easy (and fair) to point to all the issues on D, his son had about a couple thousand chances to rush the passer on throwing downs in his college career and only managed 15 sacks, I believe getting less each year. I think we all rightfully want to complain about the scheme and all that, but this kid, while he has a ton of heart, wasn't very good. He was great in high school when his sized was an advantage. Wish him well but can't imagine he will do much at next level.

Is that you Al? Or is it Mark? Kid shined first year, then Al and Mark got more chance to coach him up and install their wunder defense. Chick did great everywhere EXCEPT Al's defense.

Its not either. Its someone with a different opinion than yours, if you can handle that. Look I don't like Al or Dorito and I'd like them both to be gone asap. But you can't argue both sides. If they develop Walford and others, but don't Chick, maybe chick wasn't that good. We'll see soon enough.

Who's to say they developed ANYONE??? There are players that after 3-4 years in college play will naturally develop and get drafted based on talent alone. I'd say everyone of our players drafted were picked in spite of Golden, not because of him. Matter of fact, Golden COST them $$$, he sure as **** didn't improve their draft stock.

And to say they developed NO ONE is just as stupid. A basketball player got drafted as a TE, walford. Certainly he might have been developed a bit. If you think there is no coaching or developing in Dorsett, Perryman or other players, than we disagree. I think he can't put a game plan together to save his life. Has zero clue. But some players develop and others don't.

In my opinion, the biggest issue he can have is that his son was played too early before he was developed, due to depth issues. But he didn't seem to mind at the time (all these kids want to play right away). While its easy (and fair) to point to all the issues on D, his son had about a couple thousand chances to rush the passer on throwing downs in his college career and only managed 15 sacks, I believe getting less each year. I think we all rightfully want to complain about the scheme and all that, but this kid, while he has a ton of heart, wasn't very good. He was great in high school when his sized was an advantage. Wish him well but can't imagine he will do much at next level.

Is that you Al? Or is it Mark? Kid shined first year, then Al and Mark got more chance to coach him up and install their wunder defense. Chick did great everywhere EXCEPT Al's defense.

Its not either. Its someone with a different opinion than yours, if you can handle that. Look I don't like Al or Dorito and I'd like them both to be gone asap. But you can't argue both sides. If they develop Walford and others, but don't Chick, maybe chick wasn't that good. We'll see soon enough.

Who's to say they developed ANYONE??? There are players that after 3-4 years in college play will naturally develop and get drafted based on talent alone. I'd say everyone of our players drafted were picked in spite of Golden, not because of him. Matter of fact, Golden COST them $$$, he sure as **** didn't improve their draft stock.

And to say they developed NO ONE is just as stupid. A basketball player got drafted as a TE, walford. Certainly he might have been developed a bit. If you think there is no coaching or developing in Dorsett, Perryman or other players, than we disagree. I think he can't put a game plan together to save his life. Has zero clue. But some players develop and others don't.

Players develop mostly due to their own progression. Coaches, players, position coaches etc play a role but it's mostly on the player. That's why some guys get better and others don't even under good/ great coaches. To sit here and pretend Golden is some great developer of talent shows lack of understanding

I
You
you do know that Olivier Vernon's career here was also underwhelming. actually chick put up better numbers and was the more productive DE. both were victims of garbage coaching staffs

OV's career wasn't underwhelming... He just played with more productive players... He played basically 2 years here but OV was productive... Our lines were no where near as bad as it is now...

you do some quick research and try to tell me how non-pedestrian his numbers were? OV is a beast but he didn't do much in his time here other than show flashes. guys had bad technique under shannon. Shannon just seemed to get players more motivated to play in the big games where Al can't.

Laundersdale is right. Vernon was a good player here who played around better players. He was a reason Miami led the nation in tfl one year or was at least top 10 iirc. Lol at having bad technique. Smh. Silly statement made by someone who really doesn't understand anything. I guess players under golden have excellent technique? Lmao. Ok

no they still have technique under Golden. if you read what i wrote I never said shannon was better or worse then Golden. a big knock on some the guys that were randy's guys coming out of the draft is that despite being great athletes, they lacked fundamentals. Bailey, Shields, DVD, and Franklin. You still hear the same crap under Golden with the likes of Seantrel, Streeter, and that was also the one knock of Flowers. I know you're still a big fan of shannon and are one of the few that hope he comes back so that's all there is to say about your understanding of the game. So if you could stop being an a** clown for two seconds, tell me again how much production OV (not the entire team) had while he was here? OV was a beast who should of easily been a double digit sack guy in college with the right staff in place.

I follow the draft and it's pretty obvious your making up chit. The knock on shields was that he didn't understand how to break down film which was more of a knock on him since other db's under the same coaches, you know like DVDs, Harris and the guy who went to the Detroit Lions and got rave reviews from lions coaches for his ability to understand the game didn't have any issues.

All guys have issues or weaknesses when broken down by a scout you just happened to make up the fact that technique was an issue since it's so vague and can be spun to fit most any sorry *** area of the game. If you were more specific I might respect your opinion more but instead you choose to make up chit.

You

Bad technique... I don't ever recall anyone saying that... Our players even under RS was lauded for being prepared and intelligent... Franklin started as a rookie... The only person that was criticize for his preparation was Shields who was playing corner all of 6 months... Bailey had to adjust to a new system with a few established vets in front of him... And DVD just didn't have what it took to be a rotational corner... You can't say the players techniques were bad then they ended up starting... You don't start technically flawed rookies... Even Shields started or was granted heavy minutes once he got to the NFL...

well you don't follow the draft as closely as me or you'd know that. i didn't say the guys didn't end up being good. i said coming out of college that was the knock on them. they all went on to receive better coaching and most of them vastly improved. Franklin should of easily been a 1st rd pick but scouts didn't think he was fundamentally sound. Bailey was said to be an athletic freak who had just one move. Trust me. i follow our guys and the draft in general very closely. The only big issue i had with randy besides fielding an incompetent offense was that the program seemed to get very lazy under him and lacked motivation on a consistent basis. didn't seem like guys were putting in the work they should have. they'd come out and go balls to the wall against FSU but then lay an egg against Louisville, USF, and even Virginia.

So Franklin had bad technique yet he started as a rookie? Naw man you don't start a rookie at tackle when he has bad technique... We know about the motivation issue but fundamentals wasn't an issue... Even with Sentrel... All of our players weren't fundamentally sound but the majority of the guys were... I follow the draft... I don't recall many of our players having that issue...

well obviously his technique improved since getting better coaching. and you must be "ignoring the noise" if you didn't hear scouts question the fundamentals of our players. they stated that he had trouble blocking and sliding and that due to footwork had trouble moving laterally. but did excel in pass protection against SDEs

Advertisement
"Losing ex teammates because my son went to the U." What does that mean? He lost his ex-teammates? Wouldn't those be hurricanes? Why did he lose them when his son became a hurricane too?

sounds like many ex canes are not fans of the current staff. this isn't a surprise. we've heard from plenty ex-canes how dissatisfied they are with the way the players are being used. outside of DBJ and Irvin i can't think of any other major supporters of Golden and i don't really believe Irvin is as much of a supporter of Golden as he is in the school in general.

I interpreted 2G's comment as referring to HS friends of Chick. They were all probably gators or holes and when he went canes, they stopped being friends with him.

I've been saying this for a while now. But if Golden is fired during or after this season, Chad Thomas' career will be wasted just like Chick's was.

Playing time be damned. Chick had no real impact on any games after his freshman season. And that's in CT's future as long as this clown staff is here.

Lol OK. He probably whiffed on more sacks then he made during his UM career. Is that on the coaches? He is a mediocre athlete that busts his balls, which I respect. But he was never going to be more than solid IMo.
He's a mediocre athlete who put up better numbers than all other DL in the post-season testing.

well obviously his technique improved since getting better coaching. and you must be "ignoring the noise" if you didn't hear scouts question the fundamentals of our players. they stated that he had trouble blocking and sliding and that due to footwork had trouble moving laterally. but did excel in pass protection against SDEs

Your one of those people who talk to hear themselves talk. Using vague comments like guys had technique issues **** you can say that about any dam player from any school. Most every kid that comes out of school has some sort of weakness that can be chalked up to tech ique issues by below avg internet posters who really don't understand anything.
A guy can't read and react or is slow out his breaks ? Hey that's technique.
A guy can't get off blocks? *** it, put that under technique too
A guy having trouble in space? Let's put that under technique also. Smh.

Only on the Internet can one coach crank out NFL starters but he can't develop players and the other guy can because they don't like the other guy.

Advertisement
Guys stop hating on Golden and Chickillo, we all know all our problems were because we had too many night games!!!!!

What noise haha? Our players were being praised for their intelligence... You're making stuff up and regurgitating popular quotes from the board... You said Vernon was underwhelming when he accumulated 11 tackles for loss and 6 sacks as a sophomore... Then you proceeded to say he had fundamental issues when that wasn't the case...

Prediction: Chick will do well in the League. He's got something to prove. He dropped the weight, and he concentrates on his playbook and his game technique, he'll make his dad proud.

Advertisement
They took a 100% 7/9 tech and turned him into an overweight 5 technique. They ****ed him. Just cuz Walford and some others developed doesn't mean they didn't absolutely **** over Chick. He was completely misused. McCord, Tracy Howard and Chad Thomas will all have similar stories.

Advertisement
Back