Tony chickillo Facebook posting on TOS!

JAG career.

Unfortunate because he really came in his freshman year and looked like he was going to get to Oliver Vernon's level. Can't really criticize his career, but it really is nothing to talk about. Only a selfish coach would bloat this man up and still run a **** show defense.

Advertisement
Pitt is one of best organizations in NFL. Chick will probably do well up there. Sounds like Tony is not exactly happy about way son was used by Al. "THANK GOD HE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY IN THE EAST WEST SHINE GAME, COMBINE AND PRO DAY OR HE WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN DRAFTED AT ALL."

Please, Lord, give a decent coach for our beloved Canes.

"Losing ex teammates because my son went to the U." What does that mean? He lost his ex-teammates? Wouldn't those be hurricanes? Why did he lose them when his son became a hurricane too?

Yeah, that was a retarded statement.

There might be those who want to get rid of Al so bad that they get mad when kids commit. We have some posters like that.

JAG career.

Unfortunate because he really came in his freshman year and looked like he was going to get to Oliver Vernon's level. Can't really criticize his career, but it really is nothing to talk about. Only a selfish coach would bloat this man up and still run a **** show defense.

you do know that Olivier Vernon's career here was also underwhelming. actually chick put up better numbers and was the more productive DE. both were victims of garbage coaching staffs

Advertisement
In my opinion, the biggest issue he can have is that his son was played too early before he was developed, due to depth issues. But he didn't seem to mind at the time (all these kids want to play right away). While its easy (and fair) to point to all the issues on D, his son had about a couple thousand chances to rush the passer on throwing downs in his college career and only managed 15 sacks, I believe getting less each year. I think we all rightfully want to complain about the scheme and all that, but this kid, while he has a ton of heart, wasn't very good. He was great in high school when his sized was an advantage. Wish him well but can't imagine he will do much at next level.

Is that you Al? Or is it Mark? Kid shined first year, then Al and Mark got more chance to coach him up and install their wunder defense. Chick did great everywhere EXCEPT Al's defense.

Its not either. Its someone with a different opinion than yours, if you can handle that. Look I don't like Al or Dorito and I'd like them both to be gone asap. But you can't argue both sides. If they develop Walford and others, but don't Chick, maybe chick wasn't that good. We'll see soon enough.

JAG career.

you do know that Olivier Vernon's career here was also underwhelming. actually chick put up better numbers and was the more productive DE. both were victims of garbage coaching staffs

OV's career wasn't underwhelming... He just played with more productive players... He played basically 2 years here but OV was productive... Our lines were no where near as bad as it is now...

JAG career.

OV's career wasn't underwhelming... He just played with more productive players... He played basically 2 years here but OV was productive... Our lines were no where near as bad as it is now...

you do some quick research and try to tell me how non-pedestrian his numbers were? OV is a beast but he didn't do much in his time here other than show flashes. guys had bad technique under shannon. Shannon just seemed to get players more motivated to play in the big games where Al can't.

You
JAG career.

you do some quick research and try to tell me how non-pedestrian his numbers were? OV is a beast but he didn't do much in his time here other than show flashes. guys had bad technique under shannon. Shannon just seemed to get players more motivated to play in the big games where Al can't.

Laundersdale is right. Vernon was a good player here who played around better players. He was a reason Miami led the nation in tfl one year or was at least top 10 iirc. Lol at having bad technique. Smh. Silly statement made by someone who really doesn't understand anything. I guess players under golden have excellent technique? Lmao. Ok

Advertisement
You
JAG career.

Laundersdale is right. Vernon was a good player here who played around better players. He was a reason Miami led the nation in tfl one year or was at least top 10 iirc. Lol at having bad technique. Smh. Silly statement made by someone who really doesn't understand anything. I guess players under golden have excellent technique? Lmao. Ok

no they still have technique under Golden. if you read what i wrote I never said shannon was better or worse then Golden. a big knock on some the guys that were randy's guys coming out of the draft is that despite being great athletes, they lacked fundamentals. Bailey, Shields, DVD, and Franklin. You still hear the same crap under Golden with the likes of Seantrel, Streeter, and that was also the one knock of Flowers. I know you're still a big fan of shannon and are one of the few that hope he comes back so that's all there is to say about your understanding of the game. So if you could stop being an a** clown for two seconds, tell me again how much production OV (not the entire team) had while he was here? OV was a beast who should of easily been a double digit sack guy in college with the right staff in place.

In my opinion, the biggest issue he can have is that his son was played too early before he was developed, due to depth issues. But he didn't seem to mind at the time (all these kids want to play right away). While its easy (and fair) to point to all the issues on D, his son had about a couple thousand chances to rush the passer on throwing downs in his college career and only managed 15 sacks, I believe getting less each year. I think we all rightfully want to complain about the scheme and all that, but this kid, while he has a ton of heart, wasn't very good. He was great in high school when his sized was an advantage. Wish him well but can't imagine he will do much at next level.

Is that you Al? Or is it Mark? Kid shined first year, then Al and Mark got more chance to coach him up and install their wunder defense. Chick did great everywhere EXCEPT Al's defense.

Its not either. Its someone with a different opinion than yours, if you can handle that. Look I don't like Al or Dorito and I'd like them both to be gone asap. But you can't argue both sides. If they develop Walford and others, but don't Chick, maybe chick wasn't that good. We'll see soon enough.

Dude, nobody is giving him credit for developing anybody. Did you happen to notice the guys drafted high were OFFENSIVE players. Al and Mark work their soapy shower magic on the other side of the line on defense. Poor Chick happened to play there. With the offensive players, we don't know if any credit is due Al and staff. Flowers walked in NFL ready. Duke might have actually loss ground under Al. DP is a self-motivated machine--you can credit Al if you like but why does only one guy on his defense knows how to tackle? Kaaya had more to do with Walford's getting drafted than Al. Of course psu alums are famous their speed camps so maybe, no wait, Al believes in fat not fast, so scratch PD.

If you want to reach and give Al credit for Feliciano you have to go around Art, who has had just a few more players go to NFL than Al has brain cells, but Feliciano fits Al preferred player. Hard working overachiever who overcomes everything. WHo the heck isn't proud of him. Personally I am not sold that Al had crap to do with Feliciano, but as a gesture or goodwill, I will give Al shared credit with Art for him.

Noticed Al's quote: “I’m excited for those guys,” Golden told the Miami Herald. “A lot of them worked their tails off. In the case of Denzel and Clive, those guys chose to come back and develop, and it paid off for them." Not THEY worked ... nope, A lot of them. Who didn't? Another backhanded slap at Duke and his boy Flowers, maybe? Or maybe even the 4 year guys who he just doesn't like.

JAG career.

I think for a sophomore to post 11 tackles for loss in addition to 6 sacks is productive... Especially considering that we had like 2 or 3 players to get around 6 sacks that season... I think you should do some research... That isn't underwhelming... When was the last time one our linemen came close to those numbers?

JAG career.

I think for a sophomore to post 11 tackles for loss in addition to 6 sacks is productive... Especially considering that we had like 2 or 3 players to get around 6 sacks that season... I think you should do some research... That isn't underwhelming... When was the last time one our linemen came close to those numbers?

it's very underwhelming for someone posting double digit sacks against NFL talent. not to mention that his sophmore year was his best year. and chickillo had 5 sacks as a true freshman. both will be much better than they were in college and that's my point. i can't tell if you're defending OV or shannon.

Advertisement
You

no they still have technique under Golden. if you read what i wrote I never said shannon was better or worse then Golden. a big knock on some the guys that were randy's guys coming out of the draft is that despite being great athletes, they lacked fundamentals. Bailey, Shields, DVD, and Franklin. You still hear the same crap under Golden with the likes of Seantrel, Streeter, and that was also the one knock of Flowers. I know you're still a big fan of shannon and are one of the few that hope he comes back so that's all there is to say about your understanding of the game. So if you could stop being an a** clown for two seconds, tell me again how much production OV (not the entire team) had while he was here? OV was a beast who should of easily been a double digit sack guy in college with the right staff in place.

Bad technique... I don't ever recall anyone saying that... Our players even under RS was lauded for being prepared and intelligent... Franklin started as a rookie... The only person that was criticize for his preparation was Shields who was playing corner all of 6 months... Bailey had to adjust to a new system with a few established vets in front of him... And DVD just didn't have what it took to be a rotational corner... You can't say the players techniques were bad then they ended up starting... You don't start technically flawed rookies... Even Shields started or was granted heavy minutes once he got to the NFL...

JAG career.

now in his defense there were some injuries and suspensions but you can't say there weren't games were he completely disappeared in. the consistency wasn't there.

11 tackles for loss and 6 sacks rotating as a sophomore is quite impressive... It's definitely not underwhelming especially considering what his teammates did...

Advertisement
Chick didn't post big numbers. His fault.

Chick decided to get fat. His fault.

Chick fell to the 6th round. His fault.

He should be grateful that UM pushed for him to be included in the post-season All-Star game. He smelled some money and decided to get himself in shape and did a good job in the post-season festivities.

Dude, nobody is giving him credit for developing anybody. Did you happen to notice the guys drafted high were OFFENSIVE players. Al and Mark work their soapy shower magic on the other side of the line on defense. Poor Chick happened to play there. With the offensive players, we don't know if any credit is due Al and staff. Flowers walked in NFL ready. Duke might have actually loss ground under Al. DP is a self-motivated machine--you can credit Al if you like but why does only one guy on his defense knows how to tackle? Kaaya had more to do with Walford's getting drafted than Al. Of course psu alums are famous their speed camps so maybe, no wait, Al believes in fat not fast, so scratch PD.

If you want to reach and give Al credit for Feliciano you have to go around Art, who has had just a few more players go to NFL than Al has brain cells, but Feliciano fits Al preferred player. Hard working overachiever who overcomes everything. WHo the heck isn't proud of him. Personally I am not sold that Al had crap to do with Feliciano, but as a gesture or goodwill, I will give Al shared credit with Art for him.

Noticed Al's quote: “I’m excited for those guys,” Golden told the Miami Herald. “A lot of them worked their tails off. In the case of Denzel and Clive, those guys chose to come back and develop, and it paid off for them." Not THEY worked ... nope, A lot of them. Who didn't? Another backhanded slap at Duke and his boy Flowers, maybe? Or maybe even the 4 year guys who he just doesn't like.

I get it he gets no credit for anyone whatsoever. Again, I want him gone. My issue with him is not player development. Its taking what is are obviously very good players and coming up with a game plan that wins games. You can spend your day worrying about who developed who and who got drafted well. I couldn't care less. I care how he wins games at the U and he obviously doesn't do that well.

Who's to say they developed ANYONE??? There are players that after 3-4 years in college play will naturally develop and get drafted based on talent alone. I'd say everyone of our players drafted were picked in spite of Golden, not because of him. Matter of fact, Golden COST them $$$, he sure as **** didn't improve their draft stock.

You

Bad technique... I don't ever recall anyone saying that... Our players even under RS was lauded for being prepared and intelligent... Franklin started as a rookie... The only person that was criticize for his preparation was Shields who was playing corner all of 6 months... Bailey had to adjust to a new system with a few established vets in front of him... And DVD just didn't have what it took to be a rotational corner... You can't say the players techniques were bad then they ended up starting... You don't start technically flawed rookies... Even Shields started or was granted heavy minutes once he got to the NFL...

well you don't follow the draft as closely as me or you'd know that. i didn't say the guys didn't end up being good. i said coming out of college that was the knock on them. they all went on to receive better coaching and most of them vastly improved. Franklin should of easily been a 1st rd pick but scouts didn't think he was fundamentally sound. Bailey was said to be an athletic freak who had just one move. Trust me. i follow our guys and the draft in general very closely. The only big issue i had with randy besides fielding an incompetent offense was that the program seemed to get very lazy under him and lacked motivation on a consistent basis. didn't seem like guys were putting in the work they should have. they'd come out and go balls to the wall against FSU but then lay an egg against Louisville, USF, and even Virginia.

Advertisement
Back