Tom Herman to FAU

Advertisement
I wonder if he’ll give my nephew a fair shot, I’m hoping. We haven’t spoken since Taggart was fired, I texted him and no response but he may just be super busy with the changes.

Taggart created alot of bad blood between the players, I have multiple close friends on the team and they absolutely hated him. Taggart would do anything to get his son on the field

Taggart created alot of bad blood between the players, I have multiple close friends on the team and they absolutely hated him. Taggart would do anything to get his son on the field
Yea I know. That’s exactly what I’m getting at. Nepotism at its finest. Like I said, I just hope my nephew gets a fair shot at being starting QB, he just needs an opportunity.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a huge deal for FAU.

Lane Kiffin proved that with a fun offense, you can win games in Boca and turn that into a P5 head coaching gig

Guess you missed my last sentence. Thanks for the recap though on what I mostly already knew.
You said, "He showed he could stay on the straight and narrow, but that's about it."

How else is that to be interpreted?

Winning 2 conference championships and 2 bowl games is a big accomplishment for a team that went 3-9 in three previous consecutive years.

Kiffen showed he could turn a program around. Showed he could compete and win against the top teams in their conference. Same thing he's doing at Ole Miss

I'd be ecstatic if Mario wins 2 ACC titles and 2 bowl games in the next 2 years!!!

Advertisement
He was good at Texas. Not phenomenal but good and has been a great OC with now some idea gathering from the NFL. I would be shocked if he couldn't get a better job than this.

Edited because I forgot about two very good years as HC at Houston.

What a steal for FAU.
Character issues. We loved him at Uh, until he handled move terribly. Turns our he treats people at a standard most programs would not accept.

Advertisement
is it wrong to say that I prefer Herman for the price FAU paid for him compared to the price we paid for Mario or even Manny
I've always linked Cristobal with Ruiz (and co). You're not getting this complete revamp of the football facilities with Herman (or Kiffin...) at HC.

I've always linked Cristobal with Ruiz (and co). You're not getting this complete revamp of the football facilities with Herman (or Kiffin...) at HC.
I know. thats my biggest issue with any of the boosters. the new brigade is no diff from the Manny boosters or the ones before. they all have a favorite guy and only want to push him. I dont have a real issue w Mario other than what I said was gonna be important - his OC hire. he failed miserably. we knew he wasn't this top notch game day coach so **** never impress there. his prowess is OL and recruiting. hes impressing there (specifically recruiting). I wished we interviewed multiple guys when we fired Manny and landed Mario as the top choice vs just picking the guy w no other interviews conducted. either way, were here now and Mario will get the talent on the roster upgraded. the hope is that he hits on his OC and DC hires and they carry him in his coaching deficiencies

Advertisement
Back