Tom Herman (merged with Herman head coach candidate threads)

Advertisement
tough economic environment for them to make a change...but I suspect they still do it.
UT can fire the next 3 couches after one year. They have had the highest revenue in college football for about a decade. They good. Herman probably toast. Just working out whether they can afford Urban and get the contract negotiated.

Advertisement
Herman is exactly who I thought he was. A lot of hype and pretty decent offensive concepts in general but more flash than substance.

I'd take him as an OC at the right price if Lashlee leaves but that is probably beneath him. He will probably become a head coach at Ohio or Toledo or something like that when all is said and done.

It shows how much of a crap shoot hiring a coach is. Do you hire an assistant from a top staff? What if he can’t handle being the boss and all of the sudden isn’t a great coach when he doesn’t have the most talented team? Do you hire a small school guy? It can be a lot tougher to win at a P5 school when the competition is tougher and the fan bases have shorter patience.

There’s a reason why so few coaches have long term success. Every flavor of the week coach is only a year or two away from the hot seat.

Advertisement
Something toxic about it...same thing I be thinking about us. Hope it changes for us but I still think Herman can kill it somewhere where it's the right fit.

Serious question. Are you capable of making a post without shïtting on the Canes? This thread is about Tom Herman and Texas, but of course you still have to get off your drive by shot at the #10 team in the country.

I swear our fanbase is so awful.

It shows how much of a crap shoot hiring a coach is. Do you hire an assistant from a top staff? What if he can’t handle being the boss and all of the sudden isn’t a great coach when he doesn’t have the most talented team? Do you hire a small school guy? It can be a lot tougher to win at a P5 school when the competition is tougher and the fan bases have shorter patience.

There’s a reason why so few coaches have long term success. Every flavor of the week coach is only a year or two away from the hot seat.
Obviously the competitiveness drives them, but so many coaches make huge mistakes leaving positions for HC jobs at bigger schools rather than continuing the success that they have in their current roles.

Serious question. Are you capable of making a post without shïtting on the Canes? This thread is about Tom Herman and Texas, but of course you still have to get off your drive by shot at the #10 team in the country.

yea u have to look for them, its not my fault u only remember the negative posts. I was using a logical assessment Dmoney had stated that we as fans can see elsewhere but fail to see it from our beloved Canes. Its a legitimate gripe, I dont **** on the canes all the time thats 100% a lie.

yea u have to look for them, its not my fault u only remember the negative posts. I was using a logical assessment Dmoney had stated that we as fans can see elsewhere but fail to see it from our beloved Canes. Its a legitimate gripe, I dont **** on the canes all the time thats 100% a lie.
Total bull****. We could be talking about global warming and you'd still find a way to throw shade at the program

Advertisement

It's like 90% of posters on the site. I don't even go into threads about other programs anymore because they invariably pivot into a Miami gripe fest

Total bull****. We could be talking about global warming and you'd still find a way to throw shade at the program
100%

key word look that up, that means every post i **** on the canes. And we have respectable posters like @RVACane @The Franchise and numerous others that know yall cappin. Yall do this cause we are ranked 10 and yall see the opportunity to dog, but alot of yall ( not saying u two who posted ) are the very ones who disappear when im right.....and cant have a conversation about the leaderships failures without getting emotional.

100%

key word look that up, that means every post i **** on the canes. And we have respectable posters like @RVACane @The Franchise and numerous others that know yall cappin
Yes, every post you make. It's not an exaggeration. And yes, mods and posters like Franchise are respected because they're objective and actually know what they're talking about. Huge difference.

Advertisement
Yes, every post you make. It's not an exaggeration. And yes, mods and posters like Franchise are respected because they're objective and actually know what they're talking about. Huge difference.
thats a lie 100%? cmon Im not getting into a match of looking old posts up. Aint here for that or to BS u guys but u are entitled to say what u want its a free country.

thats a lie 100%? cmon Im not getting into a match of looking old posts up. Aint here for that or to BS u guys but u are entitled to say what u want its a free country.
You said something like if Manny can keep recruiting the way he was, back when Leonard Taylor and the others jumped on board, then the wins would come.

Lol you can only go incognito for so long. Serious question. Have you ever watched one of Dwins’ videos?

You said something like if Manny can keep recruiting the way he was, back when Leonard Taylor and the others jumped on board, then the wins would come.
thank you for remembering cause these dudes remember what fits their own weird narrative. I was ecstatic about the big time kids coming on board, we need more to take that next step or leap into "ok we are for real now". A Mason Smith and T2 do that if they both chose us, those two coming means nothing can stop whats going to happen.

Advertisement
Back