Tom Herman (merged with Herman head coach candidate threads)

Advertisement
Oh no, a pre school insult. You hurt my feelings now. I’ve gotten you triggered. I’ll stop now.
Od GIF by MCDM
suck my dick middle finger GIF

Unless Manny Diaz somehow miraculously wins out and regains the locker room, we will be looking for a new HC soon.

Miami can't take a chance on a first-time HC again. Shannon and Diaz were first-time head coaches who have had some of the least success we have seen in Miami since the 70s. As bad as Golden was, he had HC experience and technically won the coastal one year. HC experience matters, and even more so in a must-win now city like Miami. Mark Richt is the closest we can say to bring us back, and I for one am forever grateful he ended that losing streak against FSU, gave us our first bowl win in forever, donated 1M of his own $ for an IPF, and that ND game that had me the most excited I have been in forever about Miami football. He is a gentleman and scholar.

Tom Herman
texas-780x405.jpg

It's been a long time since we have experienced good football in Miami. It's been miss hire after miss hire, and we are on the brink of another HC firing. We need someone who knows what they're are doing and brings some respect back that U we all know and love. A coaching option for me is Tom Herman, why?

Tom Hermans resume -

1 - He has a winning record with a .711 winning percentage. Miami since 06 has a record of 113-98.
2 - Since being a HC he has posted 5-0 in bowl games. Miami is 1-10 in their last 11 bowl games.
3 - He recruited two of the top 3 players ever to commit to UH. In UT he recruited two top 3 classes and a top 10 class. All this while being in a state that has the most P5 schools, and that is heavily recruited on a national level.
4 - He has identified and recruited some of the best CFB QBs in his time as an OC/HC.
5 - Won the AAC conference championship and took UT to their first conference title game since 09. Miami has been to the ACC championship once, and we have never won.
6 - Signature wins against multiple top 11 opponents including Oklahoma #3 twice, Louisville #3, Utah #11, FSU #9, and UGA #6. He also has a winning record against ranked opponents. Aside from ND and WV what other signature wins can we point to? I know we beat a ranked UVA team, but that's nothing to slide for.
7 - His offenses have consistently ranked in the top 30 as OC/HC.
8- Had the most players drafted in UT since 2015, and has developed talent everywhere he has gone.

His resume is very telling of a good coach, IMO.

He checks a lot of the boxes I imagine we would want as a coach. Is he a Nick Saban? No. There is only one Nick Saban. He is however one of the few realistic options that holds no buyouts with a clean record (Zach Smith BS aside) A competent coach with a winning record who can win the coastal on a consistent basis, and give us more games like ND 2017 to enjoy and talk about.

Well that sucks.... Lol ... that took me time haha

I didn't want what I wrote to get lost in the middle pages of another thread. I keep posting about Tom Herman and just want its own thread as to the reason why people would consider him a candidate.

If it's better for all I guess...

Since according to @reformedsteven, I don’t comment on all of the coach threads.

@RVACane, @JD08 @AtlAtty -

Please merge threads. There at least 3 Tom Herman threads - one of which @Genghis Cane just created today.

I would've rather kept it in its own thread. I want to know why people don't want him here, or if it changes some people's minds after posting his resume. The post will get buried here ....

Well that sucks.... Lol ... that took me time haha

I didn't want what I wrote to get lost in the middle pages of another thread. I keep posting about Tom Herman and just want its own thread as to the reason why people would consider him a candidate.

If it's better for all I guess...
Your info is legit good. I apologized. I didn’t call your post out. “Reformedhates Booty Gifs” was a whining ****er about it.

Advertisement
Only issue with Tom Herman is that he eventually alienated the boosters/fan base and some of the players because he's an *******. I don't normally mind ******** as long as they win. Also, his longest stint in a gig is 3 years. That would be my other concern. I know we all talk about how this program is a stepping stone for coaches and whatnot but i gotta think we need some stability considering we've had garbage coaches for the past 20 years.

He only job hopped as a HC once. Two years at Houston, then left for Texas (Texas was blocking Houston from joining a P5, so they didnt leave him much choice). I don't think he's a mercenary.

Bring me Herman and a solid DC, and we’ll finally be making annual December trips to Charlotte, like we should’ve been doing for the past 15 years

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back