Toledo Scares me...

This is like the App. State fans that were coming to the board last year. Telling us about their defense and their running game, and how awesome their coach was. Then when they took Tenn. down to wire they REALLY became convinced this was going to be a game. And that thought was over by the first quarter.

For every one game comparison to App State, Toledo has a one game comparison of Arkansas fans thinking how you do. So as much as that game which was recent, who was a common opponent matters... I don't think it has much of a barring on this years game... I never made a prediction or anything about this game, so I'm not sure how much of a troll I'm really being. Just asking about opinions here.

It's pretty stupid that Canes football fans come to a message board to talk football and then the minute someone wants to have a conversation about a game they dismiss it and turn into a bunch of ****s.

I watched some Toledo ball last year, and the whole replay of the BYU game. They'll probably put up some points early, but my assumption is Miami's D will adjust by 2nd quarter and take control of the game both ways at the line of scrimmage. Miami will be starting some new DBs this year. While we expect them to be good it is still a little premature to know how good of tacklers they'll all be on the perimeter. For Toledo to stay in it late they'll need to win on short passes to neutralize Miami's D-line. If Miami can contain that I think they'll be ok, because rushing yards and deep balls may be hard to come by for Toledo. I'm not going to completely dismiss the idea this game could stay competitive into the second half. Will be interesting to see the first few games and opinions may be altered.

May be a good idea to bump this thread the week before the game for some better discussion. Best of luck to you. Hope Rockets are 3-0 when they get to Miami.

lol. I look forward to reading your "keys to the game" when the Bethune-Cookman fans come over here in two weeks asking about how we see the game going against them and why.

Advertisement
I anticipate a couple drives going your way and you're moving the ball and out of seemingly nowhere there's a strip sack or int that goes for 6, especially as you get deeper into the game in the florida heat.

OP..please refer to Appy state vs Miami 2016. Afterwards try sticking your head back in your ars. scared of ******* toledo?....i swear SMH...you must have the phatest mangina in Ohio

go Canes!!!

This is like the App. State fans that were coming to the board last year. Telling us about their defense and their running game, and how awesome their coach was. Then when they took Tenn. down to wire they REALLY became convinced this was going to be a game. And that thought was over by the first quarter.

For every one game comparison to App State, Toledo has a one game comparison of Arkansas fans thinking how you do. So as much as that game which was recent, who was a common opponent matters... I don't think it has much of a barring on this years game... I never made a prediction or anything about this game, so I'm not sure how much of a troll I'm really being. Just asking about opinions here.

Listen pal we have about 9-10 NFL players on D & 5-6 on O. You're in deep trouble. Keep coming up with your ***** comparisons to Arkansas. Truth is we'd hammer the leaving **** out of them tol. Toledo is in for a very long day. You'll be 17 point underdogs at minimum.

Advertisement
UM will bring the most aggressive, violent defense onto the field that Toledo has seen this decade. Walton runs through the Toledo defense like the Kool Aid Man breaking through drywall. UM wins by at least 4 TDs.

So nice it should be posted twice.

200w.gif

Advertisement

It's pretty stupid that Canes football fans come to a message board to talk football and then the minute someone wants to have a conversation about a game they dismiss it and turn into a bunch of ****s.

I watched some Toledo ball last year, and the whole replay of the BYU game. They'll probably put up some points early, but my assumption is Miami's D will adjust by 2nd quarter and take control of the game both ways at the line of scrimmage. Miami will be starting some new DBs this year. While we expect them to be good it is still a little premature to know how good of tacklers they'll all be on the perimeter. For Toledo to stay in it late they'll need to win on short passes to neutralize Miami's D-line. If Miami can contain that I think they'll be ok, because rushing yards and deep balls may be hard to come by for Toledo. I'm not going to completely dismiss the idea this game could stay competitive into the second half. Will be interesting to see the first few games and opinions may be altered.

May be a good idea to bump this thread the week before the game for some better discussion. Best of luck to you. Hope Rockets are 3-0 when they get to Miami.

lol. I look forward to reading your "keys to the game" when the Bethune-Cookman fans come over here in two weeks asking about how we see the game going against them and why.

Of course, it's totally reasonable to compare BCC and Toledo...practically mirror images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

click bate I know... Wassup Miami forum! My name is a Dan and I'm a G5 fan, but a Toledo fan first and foremost. I have a bi weekly podcast about the G5 so I recall last years game with App State, and will have an eye on your game with stAte. I live with a Canes fan and know enough about your program over the years.

What do you think about the match up with the Rockets this season?

Backround....
Toledo opens with Elon, @Nevada, and Tulsa. We should be 3-0, or 2-1 at worst.
Toledo has one of the nations leading returning passers. Woodside threw for 4,100+ yards, 45 TD's to 9 INT's and better than 69% completion %.

RECORDS BY YEAR:

2010 8-5
2011 9-4
2012 9-4
2013 7-5
2014 9-4
2015 10-2
2016 9-4

In 2015 Toledo was in the top 25 for 6 weeks, defeated #18 Arkansas on the road, and defeated #23 Temple in the Boca Raton Bowl.
In 2016 the Rockets had a soft schedule, put 53 on BYU one of the nations leading defenses, but gave up 55 in that game. The Rockets other losses came to 8-5 Ohio, 13-1 WMU, and 10-3 App State.

In UT's past 10 P5 games these are the results...
[2010]
W 31-20 @Purdue
[2011]
L 22-27 @Ohio State
L (OT) "PAT miss make, mess up" 30-33 Syracuse
[2012]
L (OT) 17-24 @Arizona
[2013]
L 6- 24 [MENTION=9112]FLorida[/MENTION]
L 23-38 @Mizzou
[2014]
L 24- 49 Mizzou
L 27-30 @Iowa State
[2015]
W 16-12 @Arkansas
W (2OT) 30-27 Iowa State

Not me

Look at me, LOOK AT ME.. Al Folden is gone. Richt is the captain now. We'd beat BYU by 20+. Toledo is getting a 50 burger.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Look at me, LOOK AT ME.. Al Folden is gone. Richt is the captain now. We'd beat BYU by 20+. Toledo is getting a 50 burger.

Sure, we may put up 50, but likely won't wim by 50...You can say Miami is really good without $hitting on every other team. I was in person to watch us lose to East Carolina, and Cincinnati, and God knows how many other crap teams that made it way too close. Boston College almost beat the '01 Canes, relax on we'll beat every team like App State.

Advertisement

Sure, we may put up 50, but likely won't wim by 50...You can say Miami is really good without $hitting on every other team. I was in person to watch us lose to East Carolina, and Cincinnati, and God knows how many other crap teams that made it way too close. Boston College almost beat the '01 Canes, relax on we'll beat every team like App State.

Not talking sh*t I'm spitting fax! I know anything can happen because games aren't played on paper, but I keep hearing about their offense.. what about their defense? Will they be able to stop the run or cover anyone? Because I trust our defense to get stops but will Toledo? Thats doubtful. Also, the trenches for the most part is what separate a school like Toledo from other really good P5 team like us. ***** what the QB and WRs can do.. can they block our guys long enough to exploit the coverage? Unlikely.

Not talking sh*t I'm spitting fax! I know anything can happen because games aren't played on paper, but I keep hearing about their offense.. what about their defense? Will they be able to stop the run or cover anyone? Because I trust our defense to get stops but will Toledo? Thats doubtful. Also, the trenches for the most part is what separate a school like Toledo from other really good P5 team like us. ***** what the QB and WRs can do.. can they block our guys long enough to exploit the coverage? Unlikely.

Read my original reply to him, I essentially said the exact same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVU fans told us there was no way our defense could slow down, let alone stop their offense before the bowl game last year. There was no way we would hold them under 30 points, let alone 20 points. 31-14, and it wasn't even that close.

[video=youtube;NS_VoFnmQ70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS_VoFnmQ70&index=14&list=PL-weNsJSsMFrAVM4bfn0OKYIuYt-W5GOJ[/video]

I see the points your trying to make but the truth is you guys are going to get hammered on the line of scrimmage no time for woodside to operate at all I promise you that your offensive line couldn't block our second team d line let alone the first team this game is gonna get ugly quick

Advertisement
Back