Toledo Scares me...

I'm not insinuating so. We had a top 10 RB in the nation last season. It's a new year. But last year we were 7th in the nation in total offense. No one holds Toledo under 20 points. It just doesn't happen. 12 win SEC East Champs Missouri back to back years couldn't do it to not great offensive Toledo teams, and neither will Miami. At least the numbers wouldn't say so prior to week 1.

What if sports simulator did the sim 10 times from 2016... sorry it's the best I can do.

45-24 Miami
45-20 Miami
41-38 Miami
43-35 Miami
33-23 Miami
45-38 Miami
29-24 Miami
62-20 Miami
60- 35 Miami
40-20 Miami

A few blow outs, Toledo still getting 20 points in every sim.

Advertisement
It's really cute that OP thinks they have a chance.

Come by the Blue lot before the game and ask for Juan from Little Havana. He'll fill you in on your chances.

Reminds me of when we hosted no. 10 Houston in 1991. They had an all world passing offense led by supposedly the best quarterback in the country named Klingler and not much of a defense.Our defense was in their backfield all day. We destroyed them. While we don 't have a championship defense, we do have a **** good one. Toledo is not close to a no. 10 team. If we pressure their quarterback like we should, this should be a win at home !

Advertisement
Your biggest fear should be if your have your starting QB for the following week.

We almost killed the Frenchman that runs the nole offense( one of the toughest sobs I've ever seen I might add) and the fact that we are bigger,faster,a year older and the fact you guys have nowhere near the offensive line they do to protect your QB should give you nightmares.

Not going to say you guys have no chance cause this is CFB and wierder things have happened but I'm just going to say you guys better have Drs on standby cause our defense is gonna hurt a few of your offensive guys.

Miami fans are brutal LMAO this guy isn't even a troll. I laugh cause he thought he could come here and have an honest discussion.

I'm not insinuating so. We had a top 10 RB in the nation last season. It's a new year. But last year we were 7th in the nation in total offense. No one holds Toledo under 20 points. It just doesn't happen. 12 win SEC East Champs Missouri back to back years couldn't do it to not great offensive Toledo teams, and neither will Miami. At least the numbers wouldn't say so prior to week 1.

What if sports simulator did the sim 10 times from 2016... sorry it's the best I can do.

45-24 Miami
45-20 Miami
41-38 Miami
43-35 Miami
33-23 Miami
45-38 Miami
29-24 Miami
62-20 Miami
60- 35 Miami
40-20 Miami

A few blow outs, Toledo still getting 20 points in every sim.

Dude, I don't think you get. We finished 13th in defense starting 4 freshmen and a total of 6 new starters. You're going to play a defense that will finish in the top 5

Advertisement
The only reason this game could be close is that it's after the FSU game. Toledo lost to App State last year, that's all that needs to be said.

Miami fans are brutal LMAO this guy isn't even a troll. I laugh cause he thought he could come here and have an honest discussion.

I'm trying to be nice as always...probably won't last long but I'm trying

Advertisement
Oh yeah; we back. Fans of MAC schools coming on our board to troll us??! Lol. This is classic. Getting the whole football world shook.

I understand OPs argument about the 20 points, but just can not see that happening even in garbage time at home. Once the second/third string guys get on the field they are gonna want to eat as well and show out. I'll put in a similar score to app state last year at 55-7

Advertisement
Honestly this is the response I expected. Toledo has never played an ACC foe so I'm as excited as anyone could be traveling to Miami.
Arkansas fans said the same thing in 2015. Toledo has not been blown out by a P5 team since 2010 when we lost to a 9 win Arizona team 41-0. Every other P5 game was in reach at the start of the 4th quarter.

I don't need to troll though. Just wanted to see the thoughts of the board. I hope your team is every bit as non concerned as all of you.

The Massey Composite rankings had us 45th and Miami 31st to end the year in 2016. To open the year we are 52nd ahead of Virginia, Syracuse, Duke, BC, and Wake Forest your perennial ACC bottom feeders. Miami is pre ranked 16th for what it's worth! Enjoy your trip to Jonesboro in week 2.... I know we did :biggrin-new:

Dude, I can feel what you're going through. You're excited about your team

The previous ten years, we were excited off and on - and even though we absolutely sukked taint - we still loved our Canes.

You don't come off as an idiot like so many other trolls - so I'll entertain your points.

I think you're going to probably see some speed like you've never seen before - EVER. You're going to see some acrobatics like you've never seen before. Ever. And you're going to see swarms like you've never seen before. Ever.

We're just a small, private school trying to play football. You'll see.

I am not worried at all about Toledo, but I am a tad concerned that its the week after FSU.

Hey, I respect you're supporting your team. This is MIAMI, Once Again! We have MEN backing up MEN on that DLine, NOT boys backing up some MEN on your OL. How will you be able to move the ball, when your QB is too busy on his BACK, doing windmills and backspins!!

Canes will dominate this game AFTER we shock fswho!

Advertisement
Back