Toledo Scares me...

Honestly this is the response I expected. Toledo has never played an ACC foe so I'm as excited as anyone could be traveling to Miami.
Arkansas fans said the same thing in 2015.

Wasn't that a 5 or 6 loss Arkansas team?

Yeah. Went 8-5, defeated Kansas State in their bowl game. Also defeated #9 LSU, #19 Ole Miss, and lost to #14 TAMU in OT. Ended up with votes in the AP. Top 35 team when all was said and done.

Advertisement
This is like the App. State fans that were coming to the board last year. Telling us about their defense and their running game, and how awesome their coach was. Then when they took Tenn. down to wire they REALLY became convinced this was going to be a game. And that thought was over by the first quarter.

For every one game comparison to App State, Toledo has a one game comparison of Arkansas fans thinking how you do. So as much as that game which was recent, who was a common opponent matters... I don't think it has much of a barring on this years game... I never made a prediction or anything about this game, so I'm not sure how much of a troll I'm really being. Just asking about opinions here.

LMAO at bragging about beating a one dimensional 8-5 school two years ago

Not bragging. Just comparing their mind set to yours.... Power 5 school ranked in the teens prior to playing us at home, isn't that far off of a comparison.

Non-Miami fans will gasp when they see our front 7 in action. And, now we'll come in waves. This is the type of game some "unknown" guy like Jon Garvin snatches a soul or two.

Just tell your Color Guard to get off the ****** field when were about to run on.

Advertisement
This is like the App. State fans that were coming to the board last year. Telling us about their defense and their running game, and how awesome their coach was. Then when they took Tenn. down to wire they REALLY became convinced this was going to be a game. And that thought was over by the first quarter.

For every one game comparison to App State, Toledo has a one game comparison of Arkansas fans thinking how you do. So as much as that game which was recent, who was a common opponent matters... I don't think it has much of a barring on this years game... I never made a prediction or anything about this game, so I'm not sure how much of a troll I'm really being. Just asking about opinions here.

It's pretty stupid that Canes football fans come to a message board to talk football and then the minute someone wants to have a conversation about a game they dismiss it and turn into a bunch of ****s.

I watched some Toledo ball last year, and the whole replay of the BYU game. They'll probably put up some points early, but my assumption is Miami's D will adjust by 2nd quarter and take control of the game both ways at the line of scrimmage. Miami will be starting some new DBs this year. While we expect them to be good it is still a little premature to know how good of tacklers they'll all be on the perimeter. For Toledo to stay in it late they'll need to win on short passes to neutralize Miami's D-line. If Miami can contain that I think they'll be ok, because rushing yards and deep balls may be hard to come by for Toledo. I'm not going to completely dismiss the idea this game could stay competitive into the second half. Will be interesting to see the first few games and opinions may be altered.

May be a good idea to bump this thread the week before the game for some better discussion. Best of luck to you. Hope Rockets are 3-0 when they get to Miami.

It's pretty stupid that Canes football fans come to a message board to talk football and then the minute someone wants to have a conversation about a game they dismiss it and turn into a bunch of ****s.

I watched some Toledo ball last year, and the whole replay of the BYU game. They'll probably put up some points early, but my assumption is Miami's D will adjust by 2nd quarter and take control of the game both ways at the line of scrimmage. Miami will be starting some new DBs this year. While we expect them to be good it is still a little premature to know how good of tacklers they'll all be on the perimeter. For Toledo to stay in it late they'll need to win on short passes to neutralize Miami's D-line. If Miami can contain that I think they'll be ok, because rushing yards and deep balls may be hard to come by for Toledo. I'm not going to completely dismiss the idea this game could stay competitive into the second half. Will be interesting to see the first few games and opinions may be altered.

May be a good idea to bump this thread the week before the game for some better discussion. Best of luck to you. Hope Rockets are 3-0 when they get to Miami.

Negged

Guy, I'm being nice here....we're not Arkansas, We're not Tennessee, We're not Florida, but everybody thinks there's some kind of comparison with us and them.

1) you're going to our house....it's still 90+ degrees down here in September going into October and the rumors about us playing in a empty stadium isn't true, it's something used to delegitimize us as a program by finedumb...we averaged 70,000 a game last year.

2) you're facing an NFL defense...literally almost everybody starting on it IS going to be a draft pick.

3) We are a top 15 team in sacks and TFLs, you don't have enough skill on that O-line to compete with us my man.

You're not going to beat us, your team will be gassed by the third quarter

Advertisement
Our defense is going to score twice against you. JJ will be in your backfield so often you may think he plays FB for you.

Honest response to OP:

You guys have a good team that will probably win the MAC. And your QB is very good.

HOWEVER, your QB is not very mobile. Our DL might be the best in the country. We're going to eat your OL up and be in the backfield all day, which will completely disrupt your offense.

On the other side of the ball, while we have concerns about our O vs good Ds, your D isn't good. Our OL will be able to hold up against you and our skill positions just have too much talent.

This game is the Week after FSU, so we'll probably be banged up and I'm hesitant to predict a blowout. I think we win comfortably though, something like 27-10

I don't think you're a troll, I think it's cute. "Hey guys, I'm a Toledo fan wanting to talk about the match up." There just isn't much to talk about I'm afraid.
"We will win big."
"Why?"
"Because we're so much better than you across the board."
"True."
"Good talk."

Advertisement
Honestly this is the response I expected. Toledo has never played an ACC foe so I'm as excited as anyone could be traveling to Miami.

Yeah. Went 8-5, defeated Kansas State in their bowl game. Also defeated #9 LSU, #19 Ole Miss, and lost to #14 TAMU in OT. Ended up with votes in the AP. Top 35 team when all was said and done.

That's the LSU team that the administration said "no more" and was set to fire Miles until he staged a coup and was able to hold on to his job until he was so bad again the next year that the administration fired him a few games into the season so Miles couldn't orchestrate another uprising? That's the LSU team you're using to show 5 loss Arkansas' worth?

Last edited:

One favor. Make sure your fat, ugly, lonely, racist chicks on the color guard or flag team or whatever, who get scared when large black men run near them, get the fūck of the field.

Much appreciated.

LMAO at bragging about beating a one dimensional 8-5 school two years ago

Not bragging. Just comparing their mind set to yours.... Power 5 school ranked in the teens prior to playing us at home, isn't that far off of a comparison.

Of course it is.
Arkansas sucked the year before. They lost something like 5 or 6 games. They ended up in the preseason Top 25 because that's what the media does for the SEC. There was no reason to think Arkansas was good, based on what they did the year before. You quickly showed the country that the team that sucked the year before, also sucks this year. Congrats.
Whereas we are preseason Top 25 because of how we played to finish the year last year, and how much we return from that team.
The two situations are completely different.

Advertisement
Another point to add to everyone else's, is our Offense.

Even with a brand new QB, Toldeo's Defense doesn't have in any way shape or form the ability to slow us down.

They simply don't have enough quality athletes on their Defense that can keep up with Ahmmon, Mike Harley, JT4, Walton & the rest.

Toldeo has like 3 or 4 Miami kids on their team, Desmond Phillips from Jackson & a couple other kids from CC, Tol fan just ask them, they know firsthand what this team is capable of.

We know we sound very arrogant & ****y, but just trust man yall team really has no idea what they're in for when they come to Hard Rock.

Those stats & gaudy numbers your Offense puts up is against MAC Defenses & MAC quality comp, the Big XII even has a hard time against other P5 schools & they put up big numbers with their gimmicky high powered Offenses too.

Yall lost to Ohio last year, not Oh St, but the Ohio Bobcats... This game won't be close, y'all are coming down here for a slaughter, sorry to tell you.

Non-Miami fans will gasp when they see our front 7 in action. And, now we'll come in waves. This is the type of game some "unknown" guy like Jon Garvin snatches a soul or two.

People just have no clue how much Garvin will dominate, especially against teams like this. His tape was one of the most intriguing I have ever seen. Not just the physical ability, but the mental awareness was off the charts. It is so rare to see a D-lineman with instincts like that. Play maker that will have people wondering why he wasn't a 5 star recruit.

Advertisement
Back