Toledo Scares me...

I thought this was gonna be one of those "I'm worried about _____, tell me we're gonna roll" posts

Advertisement
Where is RocketsandCanes? This is a thread designed for him...

Ahhh, the MAC; where non-P5 recruits go to be used as cannon-fodder by their coaches for the following reasons:

a) To, in the word's of Mario Van Peebles' Stitch Jones character to Clint Eastwood's Tom Highway character in Heartbreak Ridge "To die in a loud, grotesque, military manner" to BIG oppenents so their schools cash the BIG's checks

b) The coaches get $$$ (see Frank Solich)

Gee, wasn't the Toledo the team that had the home game against O$Uck and played it in Cleveland? Oh yeah, their coach was gushing about how rare it was to "get O$Uck to play you away from the horse****shoe" (I paraphrase). Cha ching.

How about that great major bowl record? F$U obliterated NIU and Western Michigan assumed their normal position against BIG's Wisconsin...Nothing like providing easy wins to pad those BIG team records.

Had a cousin who was a student-athlete at Toledo; he was from Florida so he didn't realize until it was too late what his "role" was as a Rocket.

Last edited:
This is like the App. State fans that were coming to the board last year. Telling us about their defense and their running game, and how awesome their coach was. Then when they took Tenn. down to wire they REALLY became convinced this was going to be a game. And that thought was over by the first quarter.

Advertisement
DenseHilariousChinchilla-max-1mb.gif Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

Miami fans are brutal LMAO this guy isn't even a troll. I laugh cause he thought he could come here and have an honest discussion.

It's like wanting to have an honest discussion about why you shouldn't step out of the house tomorrow because a cow is going to fall on your head. I suppose it could happen, but not really worth an intellectual discussion.

I'm not insinuating so. We had a top 10 RB in the nation last season. It's a new year. But last year we were 7th in the nation in total offense. No one holds Toledo under 20 points. It just doesn't happen. 12 win SEC East Champs Missouri back to back years couldn't do it to not great offensive Toledo teams, and neither will Miami. At least the numbers wouldn't say so prior to week 1.

What if sports simulator did the sim 10 times from 2016... sorry it's the best I can do.

45-24 Miami
45-20 Miami
41-38 Miami
43-35 Miami
33-23 Miami
45-38 Miami
29-24 Miami
62-20 Miami
60- 35 Miami
40-20 Miami

A few blow outs, Toledo still getting 20 points in every sim.
Go to an App St board & ask their fans what happened when the Canes rolled through Boone NC.

They thought they were gonna upset us, they thought they would play us close like they did Tennessee.

Everything looks different on paper than it does in real life. Y'all haven't seen the type of athletes we have & your team has no way to prepare for it.

All I can tell you is, hope & pray... Hope we don't decide to completely destroy your team & pray when we do that we get it over quick.

Toldeo has never seen a Defense like this before, and what's real ****ed up for yall is our LB Corp is even better than they were last year & we even messed around improved our Secondary.

Yall won't move the ball after the 1st quarter, our DC El Jefe Diaz is a monster at 2nd half adjustments, so enjoy the first few possessions, because in that 3rd quarter & 4th quarter its gon get brutal.

click bate I know... Wassup Miami forum! My name is a Dan and I'm a G5 fan, but a Toledo fan first and foremost. I have a bi weekly podcast about the G5 so I recall last years game with App State, and will have an eye on your game with stAte. I live with a Canes fan and know enough about your program over the years.

What do you think about the match up with the Rockets this season?

Backround....
Toledo opens with Elon, @Nevada, and Tulsa. We should be 3-0, or 2-1 at worst.
Toledo has one of the nations leading returning passers. Woodside threw for 4,100+ yards, 45 TD's to 9 INT's and better than 69% completion %.

RECORDS BY YEAR:

2010 8-5
2011 9-4
2012 9-4
2013 7-5
2014 9-4
2015 10-2
2016 9-4

In 2015 Toledo was in the top 25 for 6 weeks, defeated #18 Arkansas on the road, and defeated #23 Temple in the Boca Raton Bowl.
In 2016 the Rockets had a soft schedule, put 53 on BYU one of the nations leading defenses, but gave up 55 in that game. The Rockets other losses came to 8-5 Ohio, 13-1 WMU, and 10-3 App State.

In UT's past 10 P5 games these are the results...
[2010]
W 31-20 @Purdue
[2011]
L 22-27 @Ohio State
L (OT) "PAT miss make, mess up" 30-33 Syracuse
[2012]
L (OT) 17-24 @Arizona
[2013]
L 6- 24 [MENTION=9112]FLorida[/MENTION]
L 23-38 @Mizzou
[2014]
L 24- 49 Mizzou
L 27-30 @Iowa State
[2015]
W 16-12 @Arkansas
W (2OT) 30-27 Iowa State

Bend over and grab your ankles bc we are coming.

Advertisement
Not to mention, y'all are coming to The Rock...

LOL this **** gon be real ugly smh, ain't no way in Far East **** them boys coming to our house & even putting up a fight.

App state fans said the same thing last year if i remember correctly, they played Tennessee so close and we were def not better then Tenn. Go on their forum and ask them if theyre able to walk right yet...

Oh man, what was worse was the UT fans talking about how tough App State was. I watched that game and UT was straight up trash. App State should have won that game. Not because they were good, but because they played better than a more talented UT team. App State fans weren't so bad. Of course they were hoping for the best, but most of them would acknowledge that UT played like butt.

One step further... the MIAMI fans who were worried about App State because they listened to the crap being spewed by ESPN... They were even worse than the App State and UT fans, combined.

Advertisement
Honestly this is the response I expected. Toledo has never played an ACC foe so I'm as excited as anyone could be traveling to Miami.
Arkansas fans said the same thing in 2015. Toledo has not been blown out by a P5 team since 2010 when we lost to a 9 win Arizona team 41-0. Every other P5 game was in reach at the start of the 4th quarter.

I don't need to troll though. Just wanted to see the thoughts of the board. I hope your team is every bit as non concerned as all of you.

The Massey Composite rankings had us 45th and Miami 31st to end the year in 2016. To open the year we are 52nd ahead of Virginia, Syracuse, Duke, BC, and Wake Forest your perennial ACC bottom feeders. Miami is pre ranked 16th for what it's worth! Enjoy your trip to Jonesboro in week 2.... I know we did :biggrin-new:

Those perennial bottom feeders Duke and Syracuse would probably Boatrace you ***aloons too TBH

If Toledo cracks 20 i'll send you 1k cash on paypal. If they don't I get to suck your wife/girlfriends ****? deal?

Advertisement
At home this should be a blowout(a win by at least 3 TD's) IMO, if this is the kind of Miami team we expect to have. Bottom line

App state fans said the same thing last year if i remember correctly, they played Tennessee so close and we were def not better then Tenn. Go on their forum and ask them if theyre able to walk right yet...

Oh man, what was worse was the UT fans talking about how tough App State was. I watched that game and UT was straight up trash. App State should have won that game. Not because they were good, but because they played better than a more talented UT team. App State fans weren't so bad. Of course they were hoping for the best, but most of them would acknowledge that UT played like butt.

One step further... the MIAMI fans who were worried about App State because they listened to the crap being spewed by ESPN... They were even worse than the App State and UT fans, combined.

THIS!

A thousand times THIS!

This is like the App. State fans that were coming to the board last year. Telling us about their defense and their running game, and how awesome their coach was. Then when they took Tenn. down to wire they REALLY became convinced this was going to be a game. And that thought was over by the first quarter.

For every one game comparison to App State, Toledo has a one game comparison of Arkansas fans thinking how you do. So as much as that game which was recent, who was a common opponent matters... I don't think it has much of a barring on this years game... I never made a prediction or anything about this game, so I'm not sure how much of a troll I'm really being. Just asking about opinions here.

For every one game comparison to App State, Toledo has a one game comparison of Arkansas fans thinking how you do. So as much as that game which was recent, who was a common opponent matters... I don't think it has much of a barring on this years game... I never made a prediction or anything about this game, so I'm not sure how much of a troll I'm really being. Just asking about opinions here.

LMAO at bragging about beating a one dimensional 8-5 school two years ago

Advertisement
Back